[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Was anyone able to change TC button bar as seen here:

totalcmd_blackbird.png

I did everything as described @ http://www.darkt.net/tango/?page=apps&app=ttlcmdr but still I can't change button bar.

Adding this to wincmd.ini

[Configuration]

drivelib=C:\Program Files\totalcmd\tango_shell32.dll

IconLib=C:\Program Files\totalcmd\tango.icl

untitled877022.jpg

The way I see it in order to change button bar there has to be a filename*.bar which is not included with a pack. If that's not the case please correct me. :)

Or simply unlock taskbar, resize it a little bit, size it back to normal and lock again. That should fix it too.

try that didnt work, killin xplorer its the only thing that fixes, thankz anyways

Huh... got a new one. It's a generic system icon, found it in IE7 printing dialog and checked my printers and faxes and there they were: default shared printers...
If a generic printer icon is alright, that'll be in The Next Revision.

Was anyone able to change TC button bar as seen here:

I did everything as described @ http://www.darkt.net/tango/?page=apps&app=ttlcmdr but still I can't change button bar.

The way I see it in order to change button bar there has to be a filename*.bar which is not included with a pack. If that's not the case please correct me. :)

Hmm... I guess I'm going to have to finally get around to grabbing the shareware version to fiddle with it.
High resolution enough? :whistle:

emblemwindowsul4.th.png

What do you need that much resolution for, wallpaper or heckling me for my cheesy vector skills :wacko:
Any word on any updates to the Tango! patcher?
Say the word and you'll be free. Say the word and be like me. Say the word I'm thinking of, have you heard the word is love?

I'm having the same problem re : networked printers.

Shared printers are awesome, but networked printers are *shudders* XP-style.

Shell32.dll --> Icon 140 if you want to selfpatch the networked printers. I know I do ;)

Another icon that needs fixing is the font types icons (.tff etc)

When viewed for tiles, they get all pixelated.

+1 for that :pinch:

Also, you broke scalyvectors_wrong.png in the mouse control panel.

newiclopl.png

Is there an appropriate Tango icon for use with audio files? Namely MP3s?

Is there an appropriate Tango icon for use with audio video files? Namely MP3sAVIs?

I made my own filetype icon but it don't work too good.

Wireless network wizard icon is b0rked at 16x16. Looks weirdish.

igikyilqq.png

Can you add support for "Wireless Link". It is installed on all XP systems but not activated (I believe) unless you have the correct hardware. Or I could be completely wrong and everyone sees it.

oywdyacgw.png

Again in the mouse control panel, could you replace the bigass mouse with a bigass Tango mouse?

Also :

Address Book

Synchronize

Program Compatibility Wizard

Paint

"Network Connections" icon is b0rkage. (16x16)znxrznucz.png

The left side is... dead.

Remote Assistance

New Connection Wizard

Everything Accessability

System Information

Can you edit the registry? If so, you should make my DVDShrink toolbar better (or make your own, transparent png goodness) and change the registry to point to it. [HKCU\Software\DVD Shrink\DVD Shrink 3.2\Preferences\] [string : CustomToolBar \\\ Data : p:\ath\to\file.png

If you can edit INIs, you should edit opera6.ini and point the icon to a Tango one. [And edit the start menu shortcut to point to the Tangified icon)

i hv a problem after installing the Tango Patcher every time i got a Msg that one item needs to be reloaded and that i hv to reboot but after rebooting the same Msg appears again this file is (Logon.scr) so what shall i do ?

and how to restore the default FF Icon ?

Edited by GAGA

Another icon that needs fixing is the font types icons (.tff etc) - when viewed for tiles, they get all pixelated.
That's another Windows bug, not an STTP bug.

post-52710-1156861089.png

1. You broke <sizing> in the mouse control panel.

2. Is there an appropriate Tango icon for use with audio/video files? Namely MP3s/AVIs?

3. Wireless network wizard icon is b0rked at 16x16. Looks weirdish.

4. Can you add support for "Wireless Link". It is installed on all XP systems but not activated (I believe) unless you have the correct hardware. Or I could be completely wrong and everyone sees it.

5. Again in the mouse control panel, could you replace the bigass mouse with a bigass Tango mouse?

6. <random miscellaneous stuff>

7. Network Connections" icon is b0rkage. (16x16) The left side is... dead.

1. Yep. Looks like I forgot to add the enhanced 32x32 image for that.

2. Audio-x-generic and Video-x-generic, respectively.

3. Same as fonts.

4. Maybe. I'll have to see if my notebook's IR port is supported, otherwise I'll try to skin it blind.

5. It'll look bad. It needs to be a 16-color Windows default palette image, so I'll have to get even more creative with using no-and-a-half colors than I did with the bootlogo. It's all greys, which might help.

6. Some yes, some no. Lack of pre-existing icons and good metaphors for some of that stuff, etc. I can edit registry entries and INI files, though, and Opera's INI file is planned for modification.

7. That's normal. That's what it looks like.

i hv a problem after installing the Tango Patcher every time i got a Msg that one item needs to be reloaded and that i hv to reboot but after rebooting the same Msg appears again this file is (Logon.scr) so what shall i do ?

and how to restore the default FF Icon ?

Probably kill the on-boot reloader for now. If you like, I'll PM you my email address or MSN account so you can send me your logon.scr file for analysis and/or spin a quick build or batch script to dump the reshack log. Firefox - use the uninstaller with only the Firefox option enabled, or use the override functionality to provide an unmodified firefox executable (which you should be able to find in the pack's "backup" directory) Edited by vertigosity

@whizbt77: there was a link in the topic somewhere ;)

yep. i searched the topic, found a link...also realized that something was wrong with it (i tried everything, safe mode and all) so now im stuck again. will any1 be willing to share their tango screensaver? id appreciate it very much.

yep. i searched the topic, found a link...also realized that something was wrong with it (i tried everything, safe mode and all) so now im stuck again. will any1 be willing to share their tango screensaver? id appreciate it very much.
Yeah, sure. Download here, version 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) if the version pertains to your problems using it. Edited by vertigosity

This is probably going to sound stupid but does anyone know how to change the icons that some programs (such as Yahoo Messenger and whatnot) put in the System Try? I think it's got to do with reshack but I'm not sure. I want to change my Trillian icon to the generic Tango Chat icon :D

Hehe, that's my creation. I think I am going to make the .ico file in different resolutions (instead of the just the 32x32 one). Say so, if you think I should.

edit~I wish I was good at iconing to help you guys out...but sadly, I am not :(

Edited by tehmemories

This is probably going to sound stupid but does anyone know how to change the icons that some programs (such as Yahoo Messenger and whatnot) put in the System Try? I think it's got to do with reshack but I'm not sure. I want to change my Trillian icon to the generic Tango Chat icon :D

Theres a generic Tango chat icon? :o

Reshack, reshack, reshack.

I have given up on MSNIM as I cannot for the life of me get it to work.

thx vertigosity! it worked but how excatly do u set it as default screensaver?? it keeps on changing it back to the old one....
Either give it another name and use the normal pref. UI, or do the necessary trickery (google for instructions, or use Replacer. Replacer's nice and simple.)