[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

vertigosity :

C:\program files\outlook express\wab.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\wab32.dll

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\wab32res.dll

Some files :

address book icon and source files : ttp://tango.benpbrown.com/bobp/address_book.rar

contact-card (NOT contact-new) and source files : http://tango.benpbrown.com/bobp/contact.rar

I am posting this in public, because anyone comfortable with ResHacker and restoring XP from a vegitative state can hack their own.

Another bug - or conflict

When using Opera, it sometimes conflicts with default .html icon, Opera's icon sometimes shows up or vice versa.

I'm a lazy negro slave so I don't have pics sorry

Either give it another name and use the normal pref. UI, or do the necessary trickery (google for instructions, or use Replacer. Replacer's nice and simple.)

thx! yea i know im stupid. i think it works....hopefully...havent restarted yet...

Has anyone tried to make or find a Windows Media Player Tango icon? I found a tangoized WinAmp icon on dA but I still can't find anything for WMP. I tried to tango-ize it myself but the Tango Guidelines hate me and the WMP icon has mucho gradients. I couldn't figure out if I should keep the gloss anf if so how to make it er...less glossy. Anyway, any advice or suggestions would be great. WMP is my player of choice (I have no idea why) so it'd be cool to have a Tango icon for it :D

Also, vertigosity, I know I keep asking this but is it possible to have Thunderbird and Bon Echo patched during setup? I often use Bon Echo and it'd be cool for it to either be patched with the generic internet globe or the tango Firefox icon. Hee :)

Has anyone tried to make or find a Windows Media Player Tango icon? I found a tangoized WinAmp icon on dA but I still can't find anything for WMP. I tried to tango-ize it myself but the Tango Guidelines hate me and the WMP icon has mucho gradients. I couldn't figure out if I should keep the gloss anf if so how to make it er...less glossy. Anyway, any advice or suggestions would be great. WMP is my player of choice (I have no idea why) so it'd be cool to have a Tango icon for it :D

Also, vertigosity, I know I keep asking this but is it possible to have Thunderbird and Bon Echo patched during setup? I often use Bon Echo and it'd be cool for it to either be patched with the generic internet globe or the tango Firefox icon. Hee :)

Use gloss if you want it. That part of the guidelines basically says that glossiness should match its real-world counterpart, which as far as anyone can tell, is a Simon. Somebody else noticed that in the WMP11B2 thread, but I guess he also included the (ridiculously simple) instructions for bypassing WGA in his post, and it got deleted, because I can't find it there. It's on my to-do list, but it's not a major priority for me, because... well, XPlite and VLC.

Firefox is improved and Thunderbird is scaled up, since I went ahead and scaled and included Hylke's icons for them. I won't be able to make Thunderbird go properly until I do some code refactoring, or do some silly copy-and-pasting to make a partially-redundant function. Hasn't Firefox-2.0-codename-Bon-Echo had a few milestones branded as Firefox and not "Bon Echo," or are you one of those crazies sticking with a specific release? If it's branding as Firefox, it should already work; 2.0b1 worked as such.

Edited by vertigosity

Use gloss if you want it. That part of the guidelines basically says that glossiness should match its real-world counterpart, which as far as anyone can tell, is a Simon. Somebody else noticed that in the WMP11B2 thread, but I guess he also included the (ridiculously simple) instructions for bypassing WGA in his post, and it got deleted, because I can't find it there. It's on my to-do list, but it's not a major priority for me, because... well, XPlite and VLC.

Firefox is improved and Thunderbird is scaled up, since I went ahead and scaled and included Hylke's icons for them. I won't be able to make Thunderbird go properly until I do some code refactoring, or do some silly copy-and-pasting to make a partially-redundant function. Hasn't Firefox-2.0-codename-Bon-Echo had a few milestones branded as Firefox and not "Bon Echo," or are you one of those crazies sticking with a specific release? If it's branding as Firefox, it should already work; 2.0b1 worked as such.

Anyone who doesn't know how to bypass the WGA for the beta2 is really not using their noggin. It's ridiculously simple :yes:

SIMON! Best game in the world short of Atari....ah...Old Skool memories. Anyway, yeah I did read that part about glossiness and was trying to figure out the WMP icons real world counterpart. I actually thought of a button but the Simon game works too...I'm taking another go and seeing what I come up with. The post was deleted. The dorks wouldn't shut up about WGA and a mod got ****ed. It's not like the instructions are plastered over the internet in a kajillion places.

Yeah, Firefox is usually branded as such but they had a very teensy change in the Tab Bar design in a Bon Echo nightly that I needed to see for my Firefox skin so I downloaded it. Don't worry about that, I'm going to try and rip the Tab Bar code and images out for beta 2 anyway. Thunderbird patching would be great if you can manage :D

Anyone who doesn't know how to bypass the WGA for the beta2 is really not using their noggin. It's ridiculously simple :yes:

It IS simple but er....illegal. Let's not talk about illegal stuff here. *stuffs stash of bootlegged movies in a closet and looks innocent* :whistle:

I found a tangoized WinAmp icon on dA but I still can't find anything for WMP.

Can you hook me up with that icon?

And does this WGA bypass have something to do with extracting information from...certain files :rofl:

Can you hook me up with that icon?

And does this WGA bypass have something to do with extracting information from...certain files :rofl:

Yes. The WinAMp icon is here. It's a very good tangoization in my opinion! I have no idea about the WGA stuff. My copy of Windows is legit and I don't bother bypasssing anything. I'm sure it's something simple that my grandmother could do (sorry Grandma!).

For anyone who cares I tried making a Tango WMP icon. It's really bad and any advice or suggestions on how to improve it would be appreciated. iI've added it to my scraps on dA. :unsure:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39085527/

TangoAMP doesn't work well.

a) no SVG

b) not even a transparent PNG :o

Yes, I know. Can it be exported into InkScape and converted to an SVG? As for Trasnparency....I think that was forgotten :(

Looks spiffy though!

The patching works with official Firefox 2 Beta 2!

i still in need of miranda icons !!! badly

and please attach winamp and wmp icons here (48px atleast)

PS: OMG MY POST# 777 !!1

Congrats on your 777th post! The WinAmp icon isn't my creation and is 256 x 256 on dA. I'm sure it can be resized if you'd like to have it. As for the WMP icon, it's er....well...it IS my creation but I'm not 100% satisfied with it so don't want to release it for use until I get some feedback on how to improve it and/or enough requests (either way it tells me that people want it). I'll include both links below though:

WinAmp Icon: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36347963

WMP Icon: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39085527/

Hope this helps!

Getting back into the swing of Inkscaping...

I haven't scaled 'em to the various sizes, and they'll likely get tweaked up a bit before they hit the patcher.

I'm REALLY not happy with the 3d perspective on the upper-right part of Winamp's trademark lightning bolt, but that's my take on it so far. I'll do its highlight stroke when I'm finished playing with it.

Edited by vertigosity

thanks, i ll try to reshack winamp now, to get my taskbar icon powered by tango power!

edit: i ve noticed that i dont know what icon # i need to replace

any advice? will next version of patcher will do this for me?

Edited by Suicide

Another bug - or conflict

When using Opera, it sometimes conflicts with default .html icon, Opera's icon sometimes shows up or vice versa.

I'm a lazy negro slave so I don't have pics sorry

Just bringing this to attention AND:

You forgot about foobar, which is 10x better then any winamp or wmp around...do people really use those when foobar is the dominating shiznit?

Just bringing this to attention AND:

You forgot about foobar, which is 10x better then any winamp or wmp around...do people really use those when foobar is the dominating shiznit?

yes they really do use those when they have something called an OPINION.

TEMPNEGROQ can u imagine i like winamp more .. i ve used foobar when it was 0.8.3

some tips for guys like you

1) winamp got glass skins, i like them

2) i dont want to spend my time coding & constantly finding updated plugins for foobar

3) there are some nice real-time 'normalazing' plugins for winamp (not like replaygain ****)

you think you cool? eat this ^

YAY! I can delete my sad attempt at a WMP Tango icon from dA :D. Those both look fantastic, vertigosity. You could just release them now and I'd be very very happy :D. Are those two programs patchable or are they stubborn and dumb? Just wondering.

As for WinAmp vs. WMP vs. Foobar not only is this not the place to discuss and/or argue about which is better but it IS an individual choice and because of that personal taste may deem a certain program better than another. For example, I like WMP because it's the only player that syncs with my MP3 Player, I like WinAmp because it usually works pretty well for me and has the skins I like, and I like Foobar because it's extremely customizable. I don't like WMP because it's not very good with skins and Foobar doesn't like me. So WinAmp it is if that will work for me.

Anyway, there should be a Foobar Tango icon (there should be a tango icon for everything!) but I'm not skilled enough to make it :p. Right now I'm too busy trying to Tangoize Trillian to try a go at it. Hope I didn't sound like too much of a jerk :p