[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

WARNING TO EVERYONE :

Do not run the Tango patcher reloader after the latest Windows updates!

It bricked my install.

Oh and

/Super%20Turbo%20Tango%20Patcher%20August%202006.exe 5403 4.43 gigabytes

WARNING TO EVERYONE :

Do not run the Tango patcher reloader after the latest Windows updates!

It bricked my install.

Yeah, something went wrong somewhere with those updates. It just seems the reloader itself is messed up. I'm going to restart and see if anything happens.

o **** negro....

1200 POSTS!

Huh? :huh:

SooperDoode : Restarting won't help it. I just did a repair install (and that fixed it). I think I'm going to wait till December or January until I install the new version. Kinda Tangoed out.

SooperDoode : Restarting won't help it. I just did a repair install (and that fixed it). I think I'm going to wait till December or January until I install the new version. Kinda Tangoed out.

When using the reloader manually it simply doesn't run but after a restart (which made it run anyway since it's on startup) everything was fine and the reloader worked just fine. Very strange indeed. You're Tangoed out?! *shock and gasp*. Nah, just kidding :p. I get like that sometimes. It's why I'm using Tangerine. A bit of a small difference goes a long way.

... mmmh, I used Tango-Reloader after the latest update ... :unsure: ... without problems ...

I guess it's different for everyone. Or I don't know what I'm talking about. Probably the latter :p

why does everything work in the patcher cept for replacing this part:

The patcher change this part ...

screenhunter003va8.jpg

But the latest windows-update overwrite it with a new file ...

why does everything work in the patcher cept for replacing this part:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9849/untitled2im1.jpg

As far as I know there was a major WinXP update released a few days ago. I had the same problem with the patcher after the last major update. If i remember correctly it had something to do with the "x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" folders in "C:\Windows\WinSxS". I guess you'll have to wait for a update of the patcher or install WinXP without the last major update.

I don't use the drive meter thing myself, but I made some Tango drive icons. Enjoy.

post-4572-1161041056.gif

drive_meter_tango.zip

And some more icons... yeah, just slapping some images together, but I wanted some emblemated icons, and I thought I'd share.

post-4572-1161041092.gif

tango_folders.zip

u OWNED mate! thanks a tonn!

... mmmh, I used Tango-Reloader after the latest update ... :unsure: ... without problems ...

same here, no problems after october win updates

i need tango patcher OCTOBER plz, dont skip this month as SEPTEMBER

thanks all!

The patcher change this part ...

screenhunter003va8.jpg

But the latest windows-update overwrite it with a new file ...

As far as I know there was a major WinXP update released a few days ago. I had the same problem with the patcher after the last major update. If i remember correctly it had something to do with the "x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" folders in "C:\Windows\WinSxS". I guess you'll have to wait for a update of the patcher or install WinXP without the last major update.

Aww, bummer...

I don't know exactly how 'On Topic' this is but I figured it was a good place to pose the question. It has nothing to do with the patcher but it DOEs have something to do with Ben/BobP's awesome .ICO Tango pack and (dumb) Trillian:

I use Trillian because it's what works for me and despite it's general coolness, it was seemingly difficult to change the hideous icon in the systray to something Tango. I managed to do so with the .ICO pack and it did change everything to what I wanted but for some reason the icons in the Systray appear smaller or pixelized or SOMETHING not right. I don't think it is supposed to look like that as the volume control and Remove Hardware icons next to it are the size I'm aiming for and the size all my systray icons should be and they look fine. Here is a screenie of what I'm talking about:

resizedamnit.gif

Is this Trillian's fault or did I reshack wrong or what? I'm confused. :p

P.S. Just in case, the patcher rocks and hopefully the next version will rock even harder and er....rock on. Yay Tango. Weee.

Is this Trillian's fault or did I reshack wrong or what? I'm confused. :p

Trayicons only 16*16 size ... other icons uses sizes from 32 - 256

Maybe try to reshack Trillian with special Trayicons ?

:unsure:

IIRC, Trillian uses seperate icons for the shortcut icon and the system tray icon - you might be able to drop in icons that only have the 16x16 size for the tray icon, and only have the full set of sizes on the icon that gets used for the window / shortcut (which if you have "allow contact list to appear in the taskbar" turned off, isn't even an issue, really). It might also be an icon ordering issue - some programs use the order that subicons are placed into an icon group to determine which icon it pulls, instead of the size (who knows? maybe it saves a few clock cycles...)

Trayicons only 16*16 size ... other icons uses sizes from 32 - 256

Maybe try to reshack Trillian with special Trayicons ?

:unsure:

Right, I figured it'd resize properly to 16 x 16

IIRC, Trillian uses seperate icons for the shortcut icon and the system tray icon - you might be able to drop in icons that only have the 16x16 size for the tray icon, and only have the full set of sizes on the icon that gets used for the window / shortcut (which if you have "allow contact list to appear in the taskbar" turned off, isn't even an issue, really). It might also be an icon ordering issue - some programs use the order that subicons are placed into an icon group to determine which icon it pulls, instead of the size (who knows? maybe it saves a few clock cycles...)

Er...I understand only half of that heh. If I created an .ICO out of one of the PNGs from the Tango website and just sized it as 16x16 that would make it the right size in the taskbar?