[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Thanks man, those are awesome.

3 guys (at least) ask if some1 can re-upload the files ... glad that you can

download `em ... don`t waste 10 seconds for upload the files ...

:rolleyes:

@ NeoWin

Looks like there`s a problem with "attachmentid" - many of this uploads don`t work ...

(Here too - most are 0 KB files)

:ermm:

3 guys (at least) ask if some1 can re-upload the files ... glad that you can

download `em ... don`t waste 10 seconds for upload the files ...

:rolleyes:

@ NeoWin

Looks like there`s a problem with "attachmentid" - many of this uploads don`t work ...

(Here too - most are 0 KB files)

:ermm:

http://moglenstar.net/upload/tango/drive_meter_tango.zip

Yeah, I finally got around to playing with the pair of "spaced" harddrive icons, and it's a neat idea. A couple of things, though:

1. It doesn't update the display automatically. Might be able to get around this by having Task Scheduler re-run the "installer" every five minutes or so? Otherwise, you'd need a daemon to update the icons specifically based on disk space events or something, and that sounds like actual work.

2. It applies itself to all the available drive letters. It really doesn't make any sense at all on CD drives or network shares, where space utilization is always 100% of "available," and on removable devices like CD and Zip drives, it forces them to the size'd hard drive anyways. I guess I could get away by using scheduling the installer to run from a batch file that has lines to clear the set DriveIcon much the same way as the uninstaller.

3. Moglenstar, you used the wrong source imagery for 16x16. You can get away with that for 32x32, but it just looks bad at 16x16. Wait, no... you resized my quick-and-dirty 48x48 overlay job! Aaaaargh! FWIW, those 16x16 drive icons are kinda packed and I think would need tweaking, IE, clip the top a bit and move the bottom up to make room for the progress bar. If you and TCM can give me PNGs of their progress bar overlays, I'd be willing to run it through my overlay-o-matic script for y'all (eventually).

I'll throw 'em both up on the appskin page of darkt.net-slash-tango and tango.benpbrown.com if y'all/we/I fix #3. The installer looks Asian (Chinese?) in origin, and you're not (I'm assuming?), so I won't fault you with #1 and #2.

Edited by vertigosity

3. Moglenstar, you used the wrong source imagery for 16x16. You can get away with that for 32x32, but it just looks bad at 16x16. Wait, no... you resized my quick-and-dirty 48x48 overlay job! Aaaaargh! FWIW, those 16x16 drive icons are kinda packed and I think would need tweaking, IE, clip the top a bit and move the bottom up to make room for the progress bar. If you and TCM can give me PNGs of their progress bar overlays, I'd be willing to run it through my overlay-o-matic script for y'all (eventually).

I'll throw 'em both up on the appskin page of darkt.net-slash-tango and tango.benpbrown.com if y'all/we/I fix #3. The installer looks Asian (Chinese?) in origin, and you're not (I'm assuming?), so I won't fault you with #1 and #2.

I'll redo the tangerine icons for drive meter this weekend, cause they were just a quick and dirty throw together. i might drop the actual fill bar on the 16x16 versions of the icons.

As far as i'm aware the original program is japanese, i found it on that "joejoey" vista site, and just made the tangerine icons to match.

If i breeze through making the new icons this weekend, i'll whip up some normal tango too.

as soon there is an update i will install the tango set again.........i was using vista for a month i format this past monday and i'm using a vista theme now but i want my tango back

Since upgrading to IE7, the Internet Explorer icon has reverted to default. Reloader changed 4 files after installation, but none of them fixed the icon. The Reloaded however didn't mess IE7 up, still works fine.

As of today (2006/10/19), I've (finally) declared the "October 2006" revision of the shell patcher ready for release, and uploaded it to the usual places.

Short Changelog:

Fixes some bugs, probably makes some new ones. Updated some graphics. Replaced a few of mine with the ones I was imitating in the first place. Made a few new ones anyways. Skinned a bunch of stuff, including but not limited to Paint, the Address Book, Security Center, Hibernation, and a few third-party apps. There's quite a bit I wanted to get done in "the next release" after August that I haven't had time to finish yet, but it's stable, so take it as it is.

Well, I ended up getting it working by (as I said before) logging in as the admin then fast user switching to myself. Didn't crash.

I will have to try a reboot in the near future to see if it miraculously fixed itself.

hmmm, this is weird, i install the lates patch update on my laptop and if i use IE this dialog screenhunter003va8.jpg doesnt show skinned b ut if i use firefox it shows skinned, any ideas?

havent test it with my desktop gonna do it later

... any ideas?

Search your system for "comctl32.dll". Most in "windows/sxs" and 1 in "system32", looks like windows-update don`t change all files. (maybe you have lots of other comctl32.dll in backup-folders)

It`s easy when you know how to use "Reshacker" to change the "tango-bitmaps" with the new windows-updated files.

few questions:

i have IE7 install the latest patch and now i have the IE look again but if i go to help, about it says that it is IE7

is there a ACDSee, ImgBurn, Photoshop icos and png available???

any1 use xplorer2 that can help where are the bitmaps located so i can change it? thanks

For the tango-bitmaps you must edit the "comctl32.dll" ...

Feel free to upload YOUR new "comctl32.dll" and I will change the Tango BMP`s for you ...

If you know how to use "Reshacker" you can change the BMP`s yourself,

the Tango-BMP`s are on your computer at:

C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_tweaked\comctl32.dll

(4 Bitmaps - import these bitmaps in your "comctl32.dll" in "windows/sxs/")

:yes: