Hi,

I`m just curious - how big is your filesize for Explorer.exe ? :huh:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Taskmgr.exe run it and let me know :shifty:

My explorer.exe is 70.800 K ... :o

Hi,

I`m just curious - how big is your filesize for Explorer.exe ? :huh:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Taskmgr.exe run it and let me know :shifty:

My explorer.exe is 70.800 K ... :o

:woot: send me your weed please, how do u see filesize in task manager?

c:\%windir%\explorer.exe right click on it -> properties

mine is 981 KB (1?005?056 bytes). enjoy the weed th:D:D

mine is 981 KB (1 005 056 bytes). enjoy the weed tho :D

same here; that's the filesize.

in taskmanager, it's 19,220k (memory usage), 33,792k (vm size) -- i'm guessing this is what he was asking for. 70,800k == ~71mb of memory usage, which is, uh, yeah, a little out of order, i'd say.

Yeah. Mine's the same 981 KB on disk. 30 MB working set in RAM, according to Process Explorer.

70 MB does seem a bit high, I've only seen it get up that high when I've got it doing something like thumbnailing my entire wallpaper collection at once, or all of my Tango-related source material, or something silly like that. And just like that other program everybody loves to *itch about the memory usage of (Firefox), it seems to do a reasonable job of clearing its caches and buffers when it's done.

Onto a different tangent: anybody have any dirt-cheap host recommendations? I need a new host, and I'm considering 1&1 (which is pretty much where I'm already hosting Tango, since darkt.net/tango is 401 redirecting to tango.benpbrown.com ATM) and MSFN, which both look like decent value for money... any opinions from you guys? Offers of "I'll host you for sexual favors / a percentage of your crop / some cash over paypal," don't apply, since it'll be my parent's CC doing the paying :p I kinda like the idea of ASO, but I'll burn through 3GB of bandwidth pretty quick, I imagine.

Edited by vertigosity

If you can work around the slight downtime of their site (I've never had any problems but I've heard others were not able to access the host site) I'd suggest Netrillium. Dirt cheap packages if you pay yearly and it comes with the usual stuff you'll probably never use. It's not top notch but I used it for my old blog and paid $60 for a year. I believe they have the specs on their website (I can't remember and am too lazy to look it up)

http://www.netrillium.com

Just a suggestion :)

same here; that's the filesize.

70,800k == ~71mb of memory usage, which is, uh, yeah, a little out of order, i'd say.

Oh yes !

Thats strange ... I use the taskmanager very often to check the system and explorer.exe

was never so "big". Is it possible that "drive meter" is the reason ?

@ vertigosity

3GB of bandwidth at 1&1 ?

# 2 Domains

# 250 MB Webspace

# 15 GB Traffic

by 1&1 in europe for 4.99 ? Euro (5 $)

@ vertigosity

3GB of bandwidth at 1&1 ?

# 2 Domains

# 250 MB Webspace

# 15 GB Traffic

by 1&1 in europe for 4.99 ? Euro (5 $)[/color]

Since 1&1 is a German firm I can highly recommend it.:D:D:whistle:e:

They host my server for e-mails and I've never had any problems with it.BTW: Does anybody know if the patcher works with (patches) the final versions of WMP 11 and IE 7?b>

BTW: Does anybody know if the patcher works with (patches) the final versions of WMP 11 and IE 7?

Yes, it very much does. Nifty, eh?

By the way, Vergy, are you currently working on the Gnome 2.16 patcher addition to the Tango/Tangerine/everything else .exe? It'd make my Luna Element 5 (I like black right now) setup completely sexed out. :p

(insert period for punctuation... here.)

There's still a few things that need touching up and modification, but it's almost all together, and by the 14th, nobody would be able to tell it hadn't been out as long as the other *ahem* three subskins. I'm not running Industrial right now, so no screenshots of it :rolleyes:

Edited by vertigosity

There's still a few things that need touching up and modification, but it's almost all together, and by the 14th, nobody would be able to tell it hadn't been out as long as the other *ahem* three subskins. I'm not running Industrial right now, so no screenshots of it :rolleyes:

OMGWTFROFLLMAO!!1111!!?!1/1kf! That looks awesome...I should never type internet slang again.

Take your time (which you probably are doing)! I can wait :p

Is it possible that "drive meter" is the reason ?

drive meter only runs once, it doesn't stay in memory.

all it does it change the registry values for the drive icons.

wow man! thats awesome! and i was thinking you wouldn't do the new gnome theme when i requested them on your DA page and you didn't reply!...a very nice surprise indeed and thanks for your wonderful work ...looking forward to this one!

Sorry if this has been posted /asked before:

I now have the Tangerine version of the oktober installer installed.

Is there a way to easily switch between the Tangerine and Tango sets?

Or do I have to uninstall, and then re-install the patch?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry if this has been posted /asked before:

I now have the Tangerine version of the oktober installer installed.

Is there a way to easily switch between the Tangerine and Tango sets?

Or do I have to uninstall, and then re-install the patch?

Thanks for the help.

well...i think you just have to re-run the patcher thats all...

OMGWTFROFLLMAO!!1111!!?!1/1kf!

Take your time (which you probably are doing)! I can wait :p

:drool: droooouuuoollll :D

@ vertigosity ~ Fantastic :yes:

drive meter only runs once, it doesn't stay in memory.

Drive-Meter is super-cool, I just ask myself why explorer.exe was so

big (it`s not Drive-Meter) - it?s also not the Tangoplorer-Exe (I used

an other old exploder.exe and it`s still big too) ...

I would recommend against 1&1. They are not a bad bunch, but if you're used to Cpanel or other standard admin panels you will be really tired of their own control panels. For me, their control panels have always loaded really slow and seem to be quite bulky.

These Tango Icons are just amazing :yes:

I have one question though: why the silent switch is not working?

I was trying to create an addon for nLite so that people can have these nice icons since the first boot of their OS, but the switch /S wont work.

If there is no working silent switch I can still try to create an addon with AutoIt, but it's better if we find out what the silent switch is ;)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I was trying to create an addon for nLite so that people can have these nice icons since the first boot of their OS, but the switch /S wont work.
It doesn't?

Seriously, though, I thought it did, and was planning on adding the ability to select themes at the very least, if not allow more control over various installation options either through switches or an INI file.