[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

is there any way to change the recycle bin color to blue by anychance?

When some1 send you the icon with the other colour, or you

know where to find `em, you can reshack the shell32.dll and

use all other recycle bins ...

(Tune-Up-Utilities or Iconpackager does it too)

Mmmh... sure it couldn't be anything else / does the problem still occur with the pack uninstalled? I haven't dipped too far into modifying that, and it still runs on all the systems I'd thought to try it on. If nothing else, I'd say to check your event log, but I can't think of any specific things to look for; just poke around, and maybe check the Services console to make sure the Help and Support Center service is running.

I dont know what's the problem. Firts i saw wmp11 didnt run anymore (with a new reinstall nothing too), then help and support center and a few windows's apps too. If i uninstall shell patcher the problem persists.

I've tried to restore help & support center but it doesnt fix my problem. The services are running too.

Here's a curious thing, windows services (extended view). Standard view is ok:

dibujout1.jpg

Hi....

I installed the latest release, but some of the icons were not changed.

These are a few that I noticed...

I am using Acrobat Reader 5 and Windows Media Player 6.4 on an nLited Windows XP.

Any advice please?

post-187552-1163687096.gif

My advice: Choose a more tasteful nick next time, you 'Resident One Post Wonder'...

Apologies, maybe you misunderstood. It is a reference to the Reichstag Fire in 1933, where historians suggest that the Nazis burned their own parliment building (the Reichstag) and blamed it on their enemies.

I believe that 9/11 was the same 'false-flag' style operation as the Reichstag Fire was. That is all my nick refers to...

Any advice please?

Maybe Vertigosity can fix this for next updates, I think the problem

is that both apps are older versions (or lite-versions) ...

You can change filetypes with folderoptions:

filetypesettingsdh5.th.gif

"Iconpackager" or "Tuneup Utilities" can change icons too: Here

By the way, what VS do you use ? Strange colours ?

Edited by breakfastclub

Can you post 128x128 icons somewhere? :) (If you can) many thanks.
Check that "source material stuff" link in the first post.
When some1 send you the icon with the other colour, or you know where to find `em, you can reshack the shell32.dll and use all other recycle bins ... (Tune-Up-Utilities or Iconpackager does it too)
For just the recycle bin on the Desktop, there's a control panel built into XP. Display/Desktop properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop. Alternatively, you could grab the GPL source package from the homepage, and take a few minutes to figure out the on-install resource-overriding bits. I put them in there for just this sort of thing.
Hi.... I installed the latest release, but some of the icons were not changed. These are a few that I noticed... I am using Acrobat Reader 5 and Windows Media Player 6.4 on an nLited Windows XP. Any advice please?
Yeah, I don't have the patcher modifying those. At least not yet. I'll think about it, although I'd have to download a copy of Acrobat 5, which isn't really likely for me. The file-type dialog will let you change them.

(@breakfastclub: that's the normal Windows 2000 Standard, just downsampled to 256 colors without dithering)

Check that "source material stuff" link in the first post.For just the recycle bin on the Desktop, there's a control panel built into XP. Display/Desktop properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop. Alternatively, you could grab the GPL source package from the homepage, and take a few minutes to figure out the on-install resource-overriding bits. I put them in there for just this sort of thing.Yeah, I don't have the patcher modifying those. At least not yet. I'll think about it, although I'd have to download a copy of Acrobat 5, which isn't really likely for me. The file-type dialog will let you change them.

(@breakfastclub: that's the normal Windows 2000 Standard, just downsampled to 256 colors without dithering)

Yep, that is just the normal Classic look but it is saved as a GIF in 256 colors so it looks a bit off.

Acrobat 5 you can get here: www.oldversion.com - It is quite faster and less bloated than the latest versions.

Thanks Breakfastclub for the help about how to change the icons, I'll look into it. But can you tell me which file the Tango Acrobat icons and Media icons are stored in? Which DLL file, I mean...

Edited by Reichstag911

But can you tell me which file the Tango Acrobat icons and Media icons are stored in? Which DLL file, I mean...

"C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_named"

Here are stored the Tango-Icons ... did you mean this ?

Acrobat here:

"C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_unofficial\lokheed"

and other here:

"C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_unofficial"

can anyone help me to build an exe. file for drive-meter icons.. they should be in blue ! .. please !!!
Can you be a bit more specific and/or descriptive of what kind of help you need, or what you want this executable to do?

"C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_named"

Here are stored the Tango-Icons ... did you mean this ?

Acrobat here:

"C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_unofficial\lokheed"

and other here:

"C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_unofficial"

Hi...

Thanks for your help...

I found the Adobe icons where you mentioned...

and a generic audio icons and video icon in "Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_named\mimetypes"

So I can try and change them now...

One pointer to Vertigosity: I found some more icons that are not patched... please see this screenshot:

post-187552-1163864171_thumb.jpg

Can you be a bit more specific and/or descriptive of what kind of help you need, or what you want this executable to do?

sorry about that . I should include attachments to explain. The bars under the icons are what I want, it is similar to vista , showing that how much capacity I have used and left. Someone built these with a tagnerine color, but I want these in Tango style (blue )... and I would like it to be an exe file so that I could apply to it directly.... Thanks

s50.ico

67.ico

:shiftyninja: i need Opera Tangerine skin, i ve moved from blue to orange :D :shiftyninja:

ps: i'm using Dapper theme atm, looks not that good with regular Opera icons.

sorry about that . I should include attachments to explain. The bars under the icons are what I want, it is similar to vista , showing that how much capacity I have used and left. Someone built these with a tagnerine color, but I want these in Tango style (blue )... and I would like it to be an exe file so that I could apply to it directly.... Thanks

tcm released a tango version of my tangerine icons, i believe the following download link should work for tcm's tango ones.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...t&id=168233

if you already have the tangerine ones installed, just copy/paste the tango icons over the tangerine ones, then re-run the .exe to re-apply the new icons.

I'd like to make a request, if anyone would be nice enough to do it.

I would really like a Tango-style Dreamweaver 8 icon. It's the only thing left on my desktop that isn't Tango-ized :rofl:

Wow, Industrial is extreme sexy :happy: Thanks Vertigosity !

But the green arrows (bmp`s in shell32 and comctl32) could be more industial like ;)

yeah, i totaly agree, its somewhat to green.

lets hope Vertigosity got this planned as a Xmas gift for the December release :)