[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Rather than make new icons, I'll just change the text to seem less willing take requests. I'm an ass like that :p (I do still have some completely un-finished concepts that I'm playing with for some of that. Cute little bunny rabbit for copying, and a U-haul/large van for moving. I think those metaphors are universally recognizable enough, eh?)

Vertigosity, your animated avis (move to, copy to) rocks ... how do you create the animations ? I need some animations for an old Mac-Shellpack. Any programs or tutorials can help me : ) Keep up the good work !
The way I've always done it is to make seperated-layer PNGs for all the different "Z-axis" layers of the animation, and then use a batch script to get ImageMagick to assemble it all against the animated bits. (more recently, I also started using a batch script to animate the flying bits, since it's so simple.). At that point, I use Jasc Animation Shop to assemble it all and encode it as AVIs. Edited by vertigosity

Thanks Vertigosity, but I will never be able to do that :|

screenhunter006my5.th.jpg

The registry-files and the registry.exe can be customized too ?

(the white folder registry.exe is from an mac-shellpack)

Maybe we can change the bmps too ?

screenhunter004rw6.th.jpg

A little mix up. I'm not 100% sure whether this is because of the Tango patcher. But I can't think of another cause for this.

Have look:

mixupog4.th.jpg

It looks like the trusted and restricted sites icons have swapped places :D

It was like this with the previous Tango patcher as well on IE7 btw.

I'm using the latest Tango Patcher.

I remember this too - with October-Update I must change

settings in IE and I was thinking about the icons too and

what I should do - trust the icon or trust the text - lol :D

I have a question:

Are there any problems with the restore of the old icons when I uninstall the patcher?

No, it backups your icons and when you uninstall it your icons the same like before ...

But there`s no reason to uninstall it :geek: Tango-Mania :geek:

No, it backups your icons and when you uninstall it your icons the same like before ...

But there`s no reason to uninstall it :geek: Tango-Mania :geek:

Ok, thanks...

Where can I find more pics of the pack? (Tango icon theme, Tangerine icon theme, Gnome-Icon-Theme2 and NLD10's Industrial-Icon-Theme)

The registry-files and the registry.exe can be customized too? Maybe we can change the bmps too ?
The regedit stuff has to be in 16 colors, using the Windows palette. It can be done, but it won't be particularly pretty. And yeah, I might drop those BMPs on my todo list.
It's intentional - trusted sites bypass all of IE's attempts at security restriction, whereas restricted sites are locked down tight (at least, as tight as IE can).
Where can I find more pics of the pack? (Tango icon theme, Tangerine icon theme, Gnome-Icon-Theme2 and NLD10's Industrial-Icon-Theme)
Check the DA page or tango.benpbrown.com; there are some shots there. I don't get involved with making jazillions of screenshots, because it's just too much work to keep up to date.

don't wanna sound like a newb, I have read the website and 105 pages is too long, but what if I want to change icon sets?

Do i have to run the installer and select a different theme then reboot?

Edited by way2quik

It's intentional - trusted sites bypass all of IE's attempts at security restriction, whereas restricted sites are locked down tight

I'm sorry dude, but that simply doesn't make any sense to me :D

Here's my reasoning:

Trusted sites bypass all of IE's security restrictions because IE gives them the go-ahead>> green icon "go"

Restricted sites are locked down>> red icon "stop"

Just think about it for a minute.

Anyway, it's no reason for me to get rid of the Tango Patcher, because I :wub: it

You mean change from Tango - Tangorine or from Gnome - Industrial ?

What I do is uninstall the patcher, no problem, take a minute to update

windows and install the other iconset ...

don't wanna sound like a newb, I have read the website and 105 pages is too long, but what if I want to change icon sets?

You should uninstall it and restore the xp icons before you do that if you eveer want the xp icons back, simply uninstall it and when you install it choose a different icon set.

That was for the old days with the batch scripts. Really, there's no difference between reinstalling with a different iconset with the same version you have, and using a newer version of the patcher to "upgrade." It keeps proper backups either way.

Cheers for the new version! :)

However when installing it with a silent switch /S during Windows Setup, after the first boot of the OS I get this screen:

1sj8.th.gif

I see everything is Tango but this 1 one (don't know which exactly) requires to restart.

Don't know if it's intended to be this way, after restarting everything is OK (no more popup messages).

This small error is irrelevant for most of the users, but maybe it could be resolved?

Tried them... No good. Lotsa icons missing, screwy menu sizes...

http://sooperdoode.deviantart.com/

Sooperdoode's are much better. :yes:

Awww, shucks. You're too kind :blush:

Hmm... Tango for Vista.

Now that's an idea :laugh:

I think BobP was testing this out and said it was possible and easier to patch on Vista. I'm not sure though....My memory sucks. Ask him :p

I see everything is Tango but this 1 one (don't know which exactly) requires to restart. Don't know if it's intended to be this way, after restarting everything is OK (no more popup messages).

This small error is irrelevant for most of the users, but maybe it could be resolved?

Unless you can reproduce it, so you can tell me which file was reloaded on the first boot after installation, it's not anything I can even look into. Maybe some component wanted to reinstall itself, and the reloader was just doing its job?
Hmm... Tango for Vista.

Now that's an idea laugh.gif

Not from me!