[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Eh, I'm thinking of it from the point of view of "how secure is the situation you're in right now?" - having a site marked as "trusted" is dangerous from a security standpoint, as it can pretty much do whatever it wants, whereas if it's marked as "restricted," the browser isn't going to just let the site damage the system - it's a more secure state. Otherwise, I need to change the Security Center notification icon telling the user that the firewall is down to a the green security-ok icon, because all remote computers have all been given the green light to connect to any local network service. I know, the way I've got it set doesn't jive with the way MS did it in IE4, but it makes more sense to me, and it's consistent with the way they're doing things now.

Now, onto the pink monitor in the Desktop tab of Display Properties when using Git2:

I finally got around to fixing it. The Magic Pink color just needed to be set to actual Magic Pink.

To apply it, put the attached file in %UserProfile%\Desktop\override\res_tweaked\themeui.dll before running the installer set to Git2.

thanks fix worked great, and a musikcube icon would be great if anyone could do it

I've finally gotten around to doing some work on trying to hack together a proof-of-concept for patching Vista. As far as I can tell, unless I'm Microsoft, it is impossible for me to alter system files on a running system - only TrustedInstaller has permissions to modify most/all system files, and word on the street (well, five minutes of Googling) says that I would need a cryptographic certificate from MS to get in bed with TrustedInstaller. However, the Vista installer CD in recovery mode has a command prompt unfettered enough to do the dirty work.

Obligatory screenshots:

post-52710-1165554271_thumb.jpg

post-52710-1165554452.png

Of course, this still doesn't mean I'm actually going to do it (since RC2 is the newest build I'll ever have legitimate access to), but hey, it's possible.

Any update on the tango cards? I'm so anxious!
I haven't really had/taken any time to work on them, really. I've been busy with work and NFS: Carbon. It was kinda fun for the first few cards, but whenever the creative part of my brain realized that I'd need to do it * 13, I haven't really felt like playing with them.

*inputs sad face*
Heh. I've got the Aces, 1-3s, and 10s done. I had to fiddle with them to align them against the Windows cards... I was going for bigger shapes, but there's only so many pixels you can pack into so much space, and I got it a bit wrong the first time.

hehe. Thank you vergosity.

-------------------------------------

sidenote: does anyone want to whip up a nice tango-ized compactmenu extention icon for firefox?

Here's the icon i currently use now: sharc2850mo9.png

Yo, SooperDoode...

b0rkedpassword.png

Gnome 0.2.2

Yo, BobP!

Yeah, the magic of badly resized icons. It's my fault and it'll be fixed eventually. I'm still trying to find out how to get the Gmail Extension back in the status bar properly. I might just forget about it heh. Thanks for the heads up! ;)

The openoffice tango patch on devart doesn't seem to work on 2.1.

Does anyone know why?

I overwrote with the images_industrial file, then selected the iconset...

Happened to me too, I had to delete all files in

C:\Documents and Settings\_USER_\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\config\imagecache

And then reapply the theme. It worked :)

Also remember to set your icon size to 'small' if you haven't already done so.

To do that (if you don't already know): Tools --> Options --> View --> Set the option under 'Icon size and style' to small.

Er...if you already did all that then I apologize for wasting your time. I'll go away now. Hee!

Sorry for double posting, can't seem to edit my last post...

th_ClipBoard-1-6.jpg

This is my current desktop... Anyone know of a good matching wallpaper?

[EDIT]

th_ClipBoard-1-7.jpg

Found this one. Whaddya think?

Edited by Punio4