[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

did anyone sent that icon to vertigosity alredy? so that he will include it in the next update...
I haven't really been bothered to play with MSN Messenger. It just isn't really a priority for me.

is it difficult to put it as an add-on in the installer like for other apps, since lots of users seem (:D) to use Windows Live Messenger?

Is there a larger (say, 128x128 or larger) PNG version of the Firefox icon that comes with the Tango patcher?

I need one for my dock.

Make one using the SVG from the source packages.

is it difficult to put it as an add-on in the installer like for other apps, since lots of users seem ( :D ) to use Windows Live Messenger?
Not really, but I hate modifying stuff that I don't know the function of (which I can't totally, unless it's something I use). Additionally, if there are any problems, I also really hate having to say "Yeah, I don't have a clue, I didn't do the work there, I just popped it in."
Is there a larger (say, 128x128 or larger) PNG version of the Firefox icon that comes with the Tango patcher? I need one for my dock.
Actually, I think I pre-rendered that, but yeah, CC-by-SA source package.
any 2007 update version planned? :shiftyninja:
Not much of one, but there'll be one... eventually. At my usual snails pace of "when I'm not at work," "when I get around to it," and "when I'm not playing with ReactOS." Edited by vertigosity

Actually, I think I pre-rendered that, but yeah, CC-by-SA source package.

Yeah, there was a PNG in the CC-by-SA Source package. Thanks!

One more question... Is there a SVG plugin for Photoshop?

Edited by edwinmcdunlap

Yeah, there was a PNG in the CC-by-SA Source package. Thanks!

One more question... Is there a SVG plugin for Photoshop?

Sadly, Photoshop doesn't even begin to support SVGs. It'll just give you a thingy message. You can use Illustrator if you want to stick with Adobe or if you're poor and morally just (HA!) like me (double HA!) you could just download the free an easy to use InkScape. It's what most Tango icons are made in according to Jimmac.

Sadly, Photoshop doesn't even begin to support SVGs. It'll just give you a thingy message. You can use Illustrator if you want to stick with Adobe or if you're poor and morally just (HA!) like me (double HA!) you could just download the free an easy to use InkScape. It's what most Tango icons are made in according to Jimmac.

Illustrator supports SVGs?

I think I'll give InkScape a try anyway.

InkScape is good. I just use Batik and a simple script to batch convert all SVGs.

Yeah, I found InkScape really easy to use and extremely reliable. It's a bit clunky on Windows as it was really built for Linux (at least in my opinion) but it works wonderfully on any platform and is freeeeeeee. Can't beat that ;)

I just noticed I have a little Vista dude next to my name. When did he show up?

Hi, what I am about to report is not an accuse in any way. It is just a plain and simple report, hoping you will resolve this someway.

I just run an anti-Gromozon (Gromozon is a rootkit infecting thousands of italian PCs these days) tool found here. I already knew I was not infected because one of the immediate effects of this rootkit is to block browsing access to some sites providing the anti-rootkit (sounds incredible, but it is real - hope some of you can read italian to confirm I'm telling the truth), and I could already browse all the blacklisted sites without any problem.

But I wanted to launch the tool anyway because, you know, we can never be sure these days. And here is what this tool discovered:

Removal tool loaded into memory

Gromozon rootkit component not detected - searching for other components

Scanning: C:\WINDOWS

Scanning: C:\Programmi\File comuni

Gromozon-Related Malicious Code Detected!

FileName: C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Tools\wfpdisable.exe

Removed!

Trojan.Gromozon Removed!

Now, I know Tango Patcher is provided as virus-free and that there is no vertigosity's responsability, but may I know what's happening?

Oh yes yes yes.

wfpdisable.exe is a program created by a known company that hires convicted hackers. wfpdisable.exe disabled WFP (Windows File Protection) and allows vertigosity to do his replace-a-thon.

wfpdisable.exe could easily be used for bad (i.e. replacing explorer.exe with a virussed version) but in this case it is not. (replaces explorer.exe with a tangofied version)

^ Yep. What he said, with the minor addendum that @Stake isn't around any longer (they got bought out by Symantec, and all their goodies disappeared, as with everyone else Symantec has absorbed).

It's not even really needed anymore, but it is useful for suppressing warnings for comctl32.dll, and letting me do ntoskrnl.exe immediately, so the boot screen doesn't take an extra boot to show up. I don't have access to the source code handy ATM, but IIRC, if you de-select those two options, it won't be copied or run (if you're paranoid about that sort of thing.)

no, as I said, I just reported that so that you and people know that something like this occurs and as a warning so that people don't alarm themselves. I'm confident there is not problem with that. :)

I agree, I`m not sure - not realy Tangoish :unsure:

Well, they appear to be Tango icons but highly glossed up and without some of the guidelines that makes Tango icons...Tango. I figured I'd share since it IS apparently Tango (that is what Jimmac is calling it) and some may find it interesting. I could see them being used on a Mac or even on Vista since everything seems to be glossed to the max these days. They don't have that slightly cartoonish look to them as the regular Vista icons do.

On another note, why is it so friggin hard to skin Trillian? I mean, does Cerulean Studios find it amusing to make their code all jumbly and confusing and render images all screwy?! GRRR! Okay, rant done!