[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

^ Ooh, that looks nice! Any chance of creating an icon for Sony Ericsson W850i?

Scirwode

Oh wow, so awesome. I'm using it and it works like a wonder. The install was hassle free, all I just had to do was click "next" :=)

Coolness, hope you can keep the interest up and keep updating this and making it even better. Pure genious work.

EDIT #1: Oh yeah, I'm using Finnish version of Windows XP Media Center. Works uberly!

Edited by Myria

You good sir are a GOD among men.

That line gets said in this thread a whole lot. So far, I think there are ten or twenty regular posters in this thread who are Gods among men. Cool huh?

The best way would probably be to get Subversion (TortoiseSVN's a pretty nice explorer-integrated client), and play around with it - AFAIK, the stuff's only up on Gnome's SVN server at the moment. Alternatively, if I arse myself to getting around to posting the updated source packages for the March patcher release (which I'm really supposed to, or else I'm a dirty GPL violator) I can drop 'em in there.

The best way would probably be to get Subversion (TortoiseSVN's a pretty nice explorer-integrated client), and play around with it - AFAIK, the stuff's only up on Gnome's SVN server at the moment. Alternatively, if I arse myself to getting around to posting the updated source packages for the March patcher release (which I'm really supposed to, or else I'm a dirty GPL violator) I can drop 'em in there.

Yeah, I realized that they're on SVN, but what is the SVN address to download?

svn://svn.gnome.org/svn/gnome-icon-theme-extras/trunk/Gadgetango

Also, the Ubuntu people did a fresh revision of their tango-icon-theme-common package to include the Tango-Friday-GTK stuff, for anybody who wants that.

svn://svn.gnome.org/svn/gnome-icon-theme-extras/trunk/Gadgetango

Also, the Ubuntu people did a fresh revision of their tango-icon-theme-common package to include the Tango-Friday-GTK stuff, for anybody who wants that.

Sweet. thanks :)

any plans on updating the Tango Icons for Windows set to match the new Tango-icon-them just got released?

I was checking out the Git2 set and the new Tango GTK+ icons and noticed some major similarities. The color scheme seems too bright for Tango and more suitable for the Gnome set. The new GTK+ icons ARE for the Tango set, correct? Just wanted to confirm before I spend time replacing the icons in my Firefox skin.

I know the image preview Andreas put up on his blog says Tango but even the background is that Gnome blue. Confusion!

I was checking out the Git2 set and the new Tango GTK+ icons and noticed some major similarities. The color scheme seems too bright for Tango and more suitable for the Gnome set. The new GTK+ icons ARE for the Tango set, correct? Just wanted to confirm before I spend time replacing the icons in my Firefox skin.

I know the image preview Andreas put up on his blog says Tango but even the background is that Gnome blue. Confusion!

They're a set unto themselves for GTK applications that don't use the F.D.o naming specs and Gnome+KDE theming theming engines that use them to get their icons - they're Tango-style but not really for inclusion into either theme.

They're a set unto themselves for GTK applications that don't use the F.D.o naming specs and Gnome+KDE theming theming engines that use them to get their icons - they're Tango-style but not really for inclusion into either theme.

Ah, okay. They're like Offspring of Tango. Just born and already set out into the scary world of Open Source. How devastatingly brilliant! At least now I won't have to replace the Tango icons in my Firefox skin. I didn't think people would like that very much. Thanks Vergy ;)