[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

well, i like the icons (contact list) in the last 2 screenshots but i'm not very please with them either....dont know why i tend to like the tango icons in the first screenshot btw in thaat first sc there was a mix of tango and mac icons in the contact list.....

the formating toolbar(the one that has the buttons for emotes,winks,etc) in the convo window is finish i dont think i change anything else, the standard toolbar is far from finish i need icons for file transfer, activities, received files......the contact list needs status icons and some other things.......

btw

the new tango icons when they r supposed to be release?

I prefer the icons in the previous one, when they were lighter.

But, nevertheless, great job! Loving it, and might even switch to WLM once this is out. Sticked with miranda only because of Tango.

//wishes for complete tango emoticon set // :p

Edited by Punio4

In reality, yes the shadow would be different but it appears that in Tango a default circular shadow is used for all icons. If I'm wrong, let me know but all of the icons I've seen have this shadow and so I'm sticking to it

you got point, but check main Tango page. All shadows are round but I think they have diffirent transparency : huge things in icons give more blackish shadow while smaller/thinner things give less visible shadow

gghs5.png

request: is there anyone who could make this icon in Tango style ? It's Polish messenger called Gadu-Gadu. For bigger reference use its' logo on its' website (top left corner)

(looking for icons 16x16+)

you got point, but check main Tango page. All shadows are round but I think they have diffirent transparency : huge things in icons give more blackish shadow while smaller/thinner things give less visible shadow

gghs5.png

request: is there anyone who could make this icon in Tango style ? It's Polish messenger called Gadu-Gadu. For bigger reference use its' logo on its' website (top left corner)

(looking for icons 16x16+)

Yes, according to the Tango Icon Guidelines, the shadow is reflective of the object in question. There is a section on the main Tango site that discusses this and gives tips and examples.

Didn't Lokheed make a Gadu Gadu Tango icon? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

There's a new Tango-fied Gadu-Gadu icon at the Gaim (Pidgin) website here. There's SVGs as well in case you need to make icons larger than 48x48.

how do i use SVG's??? what application do i need?

There's a new Tango-fied Gadu-Gadu icon at the Gaim (Pidgin) website here. There's SVGs as well in case you need to make icons larger than 48x48.

These are the 48 22 and 16 versions from the pidgin site and they don't seem Tango. A bit too glossy?

gadugaduqk0.png

gadu-gadu.png?format=raw

gadu-gadu.png?format=raw

edit:

This seems to be more Tango:

set3yk6.th.jpg

source: http://set3.a0x.info/

Edited by stefeq

oh and what's "single-shot mods" option from tango patcher install ?
A small little thing to overwrite a tiny section of one of the icon themes with something specific. Basically, I invented it so could throw my blue mouse icon up there for myself, planned on doing a bit more, and then couldn't be bothered :p
the new tango icons are they available? svg maybe? also where i can find the tangerine icons or svg?

• What "new" Tango icons are you referring to?

• Tangerine's at Ubuntu's launchpad page. There's been some minor updates to it, in theory I might get around to implementing them.

Edited by vertigosity

i need help with this illy thing, i have these 3 bmp's that i need to put it on WLM and i did it but the thing is that i'm not getting the transparency can anyone convert them to bmp with transparency? or suggest me an application that do it for me? or explin to me what i'm doing wrong so i can make it work......

111.bmp

726.bmp

730.bmp

thanks

i need help with this illy thing, i have these 3 bmp's that i need to put it on WLM and i did it but the thing is that i'm not getting the transparency can anyone convert them to bmp with transparency? or suggest me an application that do it for me? or explin to me what i'm doing wrong so i can make it work......

thanks

don't worry, man, I've got it. I used Photoshop to make these BMPs transparent, then I index their colors and saved 'em. There might be a few bugs, but I got it.111_copy.bmp

726_copy.bmp

730_copy.bmp

There you go, no need to thank me.

well havent had any luck makin the damn bmp to make it work here are the 2 images in png format ready to be uses so if anyone can make them bmp that works in msn i will be very happy lol.......serious i will be very thankful

post-45419-1177709520.png

post-45419-1177709532.png

forget about the bmp, they're done, thkz to nandy for helping know

Thats awesome news mate! can't wait for the skin!:woot::