[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Yeah, some people don't like MegaUpload. I'm not sure why. Oh well.

Hey ViperAFK, quick question for ya. Is the tab design in your Opera theme your design or native to the VS you are using? If it is native, which VS is that and on which platform. It looks very nice and I may want to do something similar (only with your permission if it is your design) :p

it's not a matter of liking megaupload or not, it just doesn't work in poland at all for example - it always says that too many people are downloading now

Yeah, some people don't like MegaUpload. I'm not sure why. Oh well.

Hey ViperAFK, quick question for ya. Is the tab design in your Opera theme your design or native to the VS you are using? If it is native, which VS is that and on which platform. It looks very nice and I may want to do something similar (only with your permission if it is your design) :p

It's a windows Native skin, based off of Tobias Wolf's Tango Native.

http://my.opera.com/towolf/about/

He'll probably give you permission for anythign you want to do with it.

"The icons are all released under free licenses, I took liberty to remix them for an Opera theme. I am at no position to forbif you and actually encourage you to do anything you want with that skin.

There's only a slight problem and that is that Tango and gnome-icon-theme are not compatible. GIT is GPL and Tango is CC-by-SA.

Ideally you shouldn't mix them. IANAL though, and in my eye we have a niche here that would render thoe points nitpicking.

So, go ahead."

I might think about doing tangerine and industrial themes also, all I really have to do it find the appropriate Icons and replace them.

Uploaded to opera but there's a glitch with the site right now that says your version of opera is not compatible, all skins are effected, hopefully fixed soon

http://my.opera.com/community/customize/sk...&rtype=skin

Edited by ViperAFK

look in the skin.ini file and make sure you got 'Version=2' - other values make Opera reject the skin ;)

look in the skin.ini file and make sure you got 'Version=2' - other values make Opera reject the skin ;)

Yeah thought it was that at first, but it was the skins site, was posted on the forums and they fixed it, you can now downlaod the skin, I also updated some things on it. (Tab buttons are now Gnome) tested it on all my pc's and downloads fine.

Edited by ViperAFK

it's not a matter of liking megaupload or not, it just doesn't work in poland at all for example - it always says that too many people are downloading now

Oh, I see. I honestly didn't know why some people don't like Megaupload and Rapidshare. I know they're filled with ads and stuff. Sorry if I offended!

am having so much fun tonight. I got Pidgin all installed and was giggling about how Tango it is. The new medium icons make me happy. I also got The GIMP 2.3 beta installed and saw that it has Tango icons by default now. Very Spiffah! If I could only find the OpenOffice build that has Tango by default I'd be all set.

Two questions here: Does anyone know of a Tango version of the Orange 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle icon in PNG and ICO format? I know there is the basic silver one but it is only in SVG and it is teensy tiny. I have an orange one and want it to match. Also, does anyone know of a good customizable media player that has iPod support? I know of foobar has one but I'm not sure how it'd work. I'll have to try it out.

Cheers! :D

Oh, I see. I honestly didn't know why some people don't like Megaupload and Rapidshare. I know they're filled with ads and stuff. Sorry if I offended!

am having so much fun tonight. I got Pidgin all installed and was giggling about how Tango it is. The new medium icons make me happy. I also got The GIMP 2.3 beta installed and saw that it has Tango icons by default now. Very Spiffah! If I could only find the OpenOffice build that has Tango by default I'd be all set.

Two questions here: Does anyone know of a Tango version of the Orange 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle icon in PNG and ICO format? I know there is the basic silver one but it is only in SVG and it is teensy tiny. I have an orange one and want it to match. Also, does anyone know of a good customizable media player that has iPod support? I know of foobar has one but I'm not sure how it'd work. I'll have to try it out.

Cheers! :D

Winamp has great ipod support, So much better than iTunes (no more duplicate artists on my ipod now)

Yeah thought it was that at first, but it was the skins site, was posted on the forums and they fixed it, you can now downlaod the skin, I also updated some things on it. (Tab buttons are now Gnome) tested it on all my pc's and downloads fine.

It works now! It looks kinda cool man! I really like it :p

am having so much fun tonight. I got Pidgin all installed and was giggling about how Tango it is. The new medium icons make me happy. I also got The GIMP 2.3 beta installed and saw that it has Tango icons by default now. Very Spiffah! If I could only find the OpenOffice build that has Tango by default I'd be all set....

I am not offended at all! Hehe but rapidshare also says stuff liike: "the limit for your contry had been reached, please try tomorrow blah blah". YouSendIt.com seems to be ok though. Plus I don't even mind any ads cause Opera blocks everything.

And I so agree with you about the Gimp and OpenOffice - I hope they make Tango their default icon set too.

almost finish

th_mint-tango3EsbQ.png

opinions

Nice , when you releasing this it looks real nice:)) You should try a gnome version aswell if you got time.

It's been a while since I've said anything really worth saying, so... here goes:

I've got the old batch scripts (they're easier to test, debug, and modify, than compiled NSIS code) working in-place on a running Vista 6.0.6000 VM. No drama. It'll need a heck of a lot more more testing and development (which probably won't happen until I've got nVidia fan speed control - anyone with a driver-controlled fan speed 7-series nVidia card have any report on the 158.18 Dets?), but I think I've got it cracked. Don't ask me for a release date, because I'm still a lazy bitch, but Tango on Vista will happen. Eventually.

Edited by vertigosity

It's been a while since I've said anything really worth saying, so... here goes:

I've got the old batch scripts (they're easier to test, debug, and modify, than compiled NSIS code) working in-place on a running Vista 6.0.6000 VM. No drama. It'll need a heck of a lot more more testing and development (which probably won't happen until I've got nVidia fan speed control - anyone with driver-controlled fan speed 7-series nVidia cards have any reports with the 158.10 Dets?), but I think I've got it cracked. Don't ask me for a release date, because I'm still a lazy bitch, but Tango on Vista will happen. Eventually.

I think Vista's icon set is decent, but hey, that looks pretty good. How are you going to tackle the preview-enabled icons? The Tango folders open upwards, Vista's folder opens to the right and has thumbnails spilling out of it. (Preview enabled icons can be disabled using Folder Options.)

I have a 7800 GT and its stays pegged at about 44% in Vista. I use RivaTuner to throttle the GPU fan in XP. RivaTuner works in Vista, but last time I tried it the fan control component didn't work.

That actually doesn't look so bad! You know what we need? We need a Tango styled VS for Vista. That way, we can have all the Tango goodness on Vista without all the horrible glossiness. I switched back to XP the other night because I was getting tired of Vista telling me my copy was pirated (it came from Compaq so it could very well be) and all the shiny gloss was hurting my eyes. very nice work, Vert!

When are ya going to release the Vista patcher, Vert?!?!11?111?1

Just kidding :p

P.S. Seriously though, did you figure out how to patch OOo in XP yet? No pressure ;)

That actually doesn't look so bad! You know what we need? We need a Tango styled VS for Vista. That way, we can have all the Tango goodness on Vista without all the horrible glossiness. I switched back to XP the other night because I was getting tired of Vista telling me my copy was pirated (it came from Compaq so it could very well be) and all the shiny gloss was hurting my eyes. very nice work, Vert!

u know SooperDoode i'm on the same boat, i'm getting tired of the vista look.......

we need something like this:

Vista running WindowBlinds using Guilouche

That looks really great! Thing is, I paid for WindowBlinds a year or so ago, used it once, and never touched it again. I don't really know why. Anyway, we need to figure out how to regain some of the freedom and customization with Visual Styles in Vista like we have in XP. I really like glass and the see-thru stuff and would want to use that but I'm not sure if anyone has figured out how to create visual styles that take advantage of the Aero effects. Meh. Awesome work on the WLM skin though:))

This has already been asked and answered but as this thread is ginormous and I'm incredibly lazy I'll ask again. Where in the world is the new GTK Tango icon set being stored and if it is in the Gnome CVS repository, how do I extract the PNG files from there. Right now, I can't find the new GTK icons and am only able to see a bunch of gibberish when attempting to view any PNG images. If I need a CVS viewer (I think Vert mentioned that), which should I get? Okay, all done. Thanks:))