[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

My only purpose is to get nice dock icons, that don't pixelate when I zoom on them ;) The IE, Firefox and Gaim icons exist, hovewer I don't know where I can find their bigger versions, suitable for the dock. In this topic someone made new icons upon wishes from other users, so I thought that I could make a wish of my own (excel, word). If that is too much to ask, then I'm sorry (I don't intend to be rude in this sentence, it's only my poor english).

You have every right to ask for assistance and make a request. I know that vertigosity has the IE and Firefox icons in those large PNG formats in the Compository/Source page of the Tango on Windows site. Here is a direct link for that package (You'll need WinRAR):

http://tango.benpbrown.com/source/November...%20(CCbySA).rar

As for the Office icons, maybe use the OpenOffice ones created by Jimmac? They're on the Tango-Fridays page in SVG format. That doesn't help you much. Maybe someone will whip something up for ya! There was some some pretty awesome Tango icon making going on a bit ago ;)

My only purpose is to get nice dock icons, that don't pixelate when I zoom on them ;) The IE, Firefox and Gaim icons exist, hovewer I don't know where I can find their bigger versions, suitable for the dock. In this topic someone made new icons upon wishes from other users, so I thought that I could make a wish of my own (excel, word). If that is too much to ask, then I'm sorry (I don't intend to be rude in this sentence, it's only my poor english).

Hey that's good enough a purpose :)

Sorry I think I misunderstood you a little bit in the previous post.

Anyway, I am going to post Ooo(Writer, Calc , Impress etc. ) icons so maybe they will be of use to you. They will be up to 48x48

For the time being the only thing I can recommend is Tango Fridays

Hi!

I'm looking for dock-icons matching the tango-style.

Any ideas?

Could you be more specific as to exactly what type of icons you'd like? If you just want dock sized Tango icons you can access the Patcher source file and get the icons in those specific sizes. If you are looking for some other type of icon...well...it wouldn't be Tango. Does this help you any?

Hi,

I've got great news :)

Remember, when we were planning on setting up something where we could gather all the Tango stuff that has been appearing here? Well, here you are:

I've set up a blog with most of the stuff that has appeared here and I will be updating it regularly.

http://tangoproject.wordpress.com/

If you want to subscribe here's the feed: feediconul9.gif

Sorry to pop in and ask this question again but I still am unable to find the complete GTK+ revision set. Everywhere I go says the set is in gnome-icon-theme-extras but I'm not sure if it is on the Gnome.org CVS and if it is, I don't see a Temp folder in gnome-icon-theme-extras. Am I making any sense? Ugh. I just need the lock and unlock icon and a couple of others but it'd be nice to have access to the set to play around with. Can anyone confirm a location?

Also, I know some were implemented in Ubuntu but when I checked, all I got were the cancel and close icons. I couldn't locate the actual GTK+ set in any of the icon packages. I'm probably not looking hard enough. I never was one for searching properly.

Oh, the Tango Compilation site is great. Maybe organize it a bit more? I know it is new but maybe work out a way to make it more like the Tango on Windows page. I don't know if that is possible. I've only played with Wordpress and K2 on my own domain so had more freedom. Overall though, it is very nice!! Stefeq, aren't you going to add your awesome Ooo patcher to the list?

Hi,

I've got great news :)

Remember, when we were planning on setting up something where we could gather all the Tango stuff that has been appearing here? Well, here you are:

I've set up a blog with most of the stuff that has appeared here and I will be updating it regularly.

http://tangoproject.wordpress.com/

If you want to subscribe here's the feed: feediconul9.gif

:cool: great news !

tango icons will take over the world :devil:

:cool: great news !

tango icons will take over the world :devil:

They already have.

Nice... We finally have a place to gather it all :)

How bout making a nice Tango wordpress theme?

Can Wordpress.com blogs customize themes manually or do they have a set of preset themes already built in?

stefeq

Great idea!

Nice... We finally have a place to gather it all

I'm glad you like it :)

Can Wordpress.com blogs customize themes manually or do they have a set of preset themes already built in?

Currently the blog is hosted at wordpress at a free account so there are few options to customize it

Maybe organize it a bit more?

For now labelling should be enough

How bout making a nice Tango wordpress theme?

A tango theme would be great (Both colour theme + icons). Applying it will be possible after switching to hosted version which will come pretty soon

P.S.

Got some nice stuff coming in the next post. :)

Edited by stefeq

Tango OpenOffice Patcher

tangoopenofficepatcherbgb2.jpg

Features:

- Replaces most of the application and document icons with Tango Icons (doesn't make a backup of the previous icons)

- Replaces the skin of OpenOffice with a Tango OpenOffice toolbar made by Lokheed (it makes a backup of the old skin)

Important:

The script assumes OpenOffice 2 is installed in the default path of Program Files in directory of name OpenOffice.org 2.2

in most cases: C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.2\

If your copy of OpenOffice is installed in a different folder please read the instructions in readme.txt

Available @ tangoproject.wordpress.com

Hope you enjoy it

stefeq

Edited by stefeq

Ain't workin' here...

Only the file association icons are changed, not the toolbar or the .exe's..

• Open OpenOffice and go tools->options->view
    make sure "Icon size and style" are set to "small" & "Industrial"
  • Did you change all occurences of this path
    %programfiles%\OpenOffice.org 2.2\program\
    to the one you have on your system.

BTW, what is your path to OpenOffice?

Edited by stefeq

Well so was my MS Office, I'm not sold on OpenOffice just yet but tango icons gets it big points.

Well so was my MS Office, I'm not sold on OpenOffice just yet but tango icons gets it big points.

MS Office was free? I'd have to pay over 100 bucks just to get the new version of Word. I don't like OpenOffice as much but I use it only because it is free. Tango is very nice too.

Is Tango really considered a fad by a lot of people? It was mentioned in another post and I was a bit surprised. I don't think the Tango Project will ever die.

MS Office was free? I'd have to pay over 100 bucks just to get the new version of Word. I don't like OpenOffice as much but I use it only because it is free. Tango is very nice too.

Is Tango really considered a fad by a lot of people? It was mentioned in another post and I was a bit surprised. I don't think the Tango Project will ever die.

It's free if you know where to look

It's free if you know people who who can throw you a copy for nothing.

Mates rates = $0 :)

... but that's illegal :p

Pretty much any appearance will go out of fashion eventually, especially if you factor in future technical considerations like ultra-high-pixel-density displays (which is what Tango Hi-Fi was intended to address). But the beauty of it is that vector graphics are adaptable, if only manually, to different display formats, and that they can be modified to fit a different style fairly easily. The basic perspective has survived basically untouched since the earliest icons (with the exception of the tilted/isometric style in MacOS 7 or so, BeOS, NeXT, XP, and to a lesser degree Vista. Wait, that's pretty much everything :p). So basically, styles change, but Tangooid stuff can, and probably will, adapt. Edited by vertigosity