[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

How about one for XnView :D?

Also a tango icon fot InfraRecorder would be appreciated :)

Edited by Punio4

A quick update with the slight Tangerine refresh for Feisty, a quick release, and I'm likely to call it a day on STTP for WinXP.

Great, waiting for it... :rolleyes:

If you consider changing the icon for audio files... :whistle:

If you consider changing the icon for audio files... :whistle:

I thought the audio icons were all changed. They look Tango to me :|

Some are the little movie clapper thing and some are the music note. It just depends on the format.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55566625/

There we go. Tango TB skin. I was going to do a Gnome and Tangerine but I'm exhausted and have tons of stuff going on away from the computer that unfortunately come first. Not fun stuff either. Anyway, hopefully someone can pick up where I left off and do the Tangerine and Gnome skins. I'm sure some bugs will pop up in this skin too.

I hope it works for everyone :)

I thought the audio icons were all changed. They look Tango to me :|Some are the little movie clapper thing and some are the music note. It just depends on the format.

Yes, but the move clapper thing for mp3s is looking not that good...

There we go. Tango TB skin. I was going to do a Gnome and Tangerine but I'm exhausted and have tons of stuff going on away from the computer that unfortunately come first. Not fun stuff either. Anyway, hopefully someone can pick up where I left off and do the Tangerine and Gnome skins. I'm sure some bugs will pop up in this skin too.

Thanks for that!

Is there anyway to incorporate the tango installer with a nlite'd xp disc?

Yes, but the move clapper thing for mp3s is looking not that good...
Windows Media Player, Winamp, and so many other programs use the same icon, regardless of whether it's audio or video. I set them to use the director's clapper thingy because it's the icon for the "multimedia" category, which is the closest thing there is to something that covers both. If I set the icon for whatever you're using (WiMP?) to the icon for a music file, then you're going to see video files with audio file icons. Make sense?
Is there anyway to incorporate the tango installer with a nlite'd xp disc?
Rado354's been building wrappers to include it as a post-install item, but the way he's doing it, he needs to spin a seperate build for each sub-theme. If you're going for base Tango, look here: http://www.winaddons.com/tango-patcher-703/ - otherwise, poke him.

I hope it works for everyone :)

Here's Gnome TB skin that's been around even before TB 2.0 came out. It's the best theme out there.

Here's Gnome TB skin that's been around even before TB 2.0 came out. It's the best theme out there.

Well, there you go. Gnome TB skin. I had no idea that even existed. Thanks for the link! :)

EDIT: Just had a look at it and saw that it's pretty dated and follows the old Gnome revision. Pre-Tango or whatever. Still a great skin though. I guess he isn't planning on updating it?

Edited by SooperDoode

Windows Media Player, Winamp, and so many other programs use the same icon, regardless of whether it's audio or video. I set them to use the director's clapper thingy because it's the icon for the "multimedia" category, which is the closest thing there is to something that covers both. If I set the icon for whatever you're using (WiMP?) to the icon for a music file, then you're going to see video files with audio file icons. Make sense?

Yes, I use WiMP and yes, it makes sense. So I have to live with it... :pinch:

Now provide us with the last legacy OS version. :ike:

Yes, I use WiMP and yes, it makes sense. So I have to live with it... :pinch:
Well, not necessarily. It doesn't really feel like "patcher" territory, but it's simple enough to fix in the registry:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mp3file\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\PROGRA~1\\WINDOW~2\\wmplayer.exe,-120"

Make a .reg file, set that to something else, like "C:\WINDOWS\Super Turbo Tango Patcher\Resources\res_named\mimetypes\audio-x-generic.ico", and repeat for any other filetypes you've got (or only for whatever filetype you've got).

Lovin' that TB 2.0 skin Sooperdoode, outstanding work once again.

Um...thanks very much. Really kind words :)

Vert, didn't Lokheed make some file type icons for Linux? I don't know how much you use the unofficial stuff in the patcher.

I just installed the tango icons....

I LOVE THEM!

My eyes won't shut that fast now while im at work ;)

Really nice work, keep it up :)

Hey, Vert. What's going to happen now? Take a long break from doing Patcher stuff or jump right into Vista compatibility? Either way, I know you'll get it done eventually so there is no point in rushing you. If you want the patcher done, you'll get it done. Besides. It's kind of hard to rush you. What can I do? Say "Lyk, ZOMG! horri up! i ned mi pachre now!11!"

Nice revision by the way! Great to finally have Ooo support! What was changed in Tangerine specifically? Not much, I'm assuming.

Hey, Vert. What's going to happen now? Take a long break from doing Patcher stuff or jump right into Vista compatibility? Either way, I know you'll get it done eventually so there is no point in rushing you. If you want the patcher done, you'll get it done. Besides. It's kind of hard to rush you. What can I do? Say "Lyk, ZOMG! horri up! i ned mi pachre now!11!"
So true, I really do get stuff done exactly when I feel like it :p ReactOS is running in VMware again, so I'll probably dust that off and get that finished before anything else; we'll see, then. Still no nvidia fan speed control, and the rivatuner forums have a few posts saying that it's not going to happen in Rivatuner for Vista, that nV's moved the code out of their driver and into nTune (I guess I'll need to play with that, next.)
Nice revision by the way! Great to finally have Ooo support! What was changed in Tangerine specifically? Not much, I'm assuming.
Feisty (or Feisty+1?) got official 32x32 icons, the hard drive icon changed shape a little, and the monitors went from dark brown to bright orange. That's about it, though.

A new version of your thunderbird skin Sooperdoode? What's in the update?

No revision was made. It is "as is" unless someone comes forward and takes on the project. As for right now, I'm not doing any skinning whatsoever. I'm lazy and I've got a lot going on so I don't have much time. Did you notice something wrong with the skin?