[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Can someone fix my problem, all of a sudden the Tango Patcher asks me to restart my computer (after restarting) everytime, i do it, and still asks me?

Whats going on, and I have reinstalled it since the problem began.

There is a help file / page included with the download. It contains a number of answers to problems.

What file you downloading, I download from deviantart and only get one file, the exe?

What file you downloading, I download from deviantart and only get one file, the exe?

When u will download the file u will get Two file one is Super tango patcher.file and the other is read me.chm that is the help file which vertigosity talk about k. hope i will help u with this little information :rolleyes:

When u will download the file u will get Two file one is Super tango patcher.file and the other is read me.chm that is the help file which vertigosity talk about k. hope i will help u with this little information :rolleyes:

no you didn't, if you read what I just said, I only get an .exe file......show me a link to the file your downloading then maybe?

no you didn't, if you read what I just said, I only get an .exe file......show me a link to the file your downloading then maybe?

Nyet, I uploaded 7.08's executable in an archive that also contained the CHM help file. When I uploaded 7.08.1, I forgot about that and uploaded the executable directly.

Here u go mate its a Tango Patch 7.08 And u will see that its a two file not one :whistle: Any Question

I also download this file from devintart :woot:

EDITED::

Omg Sry vertigosity said that it is not uploaded the file in so sry i think he updated the patch may be :blink: any way vertigosity said that he uploded the file now download the file again :shifty: i cannot delete this message :no:

Edited by RkohhH

Hmm, so the only thing I need to find out is if I need the Hotfix, I don't think I do, what else could my problem be?
Run the reloader manually, and take note of the file it reloads. Yeah, that's all I was trying to point you at the help file for, but I'm trying to make it a little bit more self-supporting so I don't have to answer the same questions over and over again :/

If it's wuauclt.exe, get 7.08.1. If it's something else...

Run the reloader manually, and take note of the file it reloads. Yeah, that's all I was trying to point you at the help file for, but I'm trying to make it a little bit more self-supporting so I don't have to answer the same questions over and over again :/

If it's wuauclt.exe, get 7.08.1. If it's something else...

I have 7.08.1, but I will reinstall another time and see. Thanks.

Verigosity: The file i attached is a loader that I add to my unattended windows installation. It's a notepad++ loader, replacing windows notepad.exe in c:\windows and c:\windows\system

In version 7.08.1, sttp gives a popup message saying 2 files been patched and requires reboot. Each reboot, it does the same. I'm not so sure if it happens in 7.05, but i dont think so.

There a way i can tell sttp not to patch notepad.exe?

NOTEPAD.zip

does not appear to happen in 7.05, so that tells me, 7.08.1 has something persistent on updating files, anyway to disable this feature? and via unattended if possible...

• 3 weeks later...

There is an error with the Tango Patcher - or an error with this specific type of shell patcher in general. On all computers I have installed the shall patcher on a bug in the Windows Explorer (The Microsoft Windows Manager, not the browser) adress bar. For some reason it reverts to what was previously showing in the adress bar when you type something in it.

Example:

An explorer windows is currently showing "c:\windows\system32", I want to go to my games folder and start to type "D:\program\games\World of warc" and when I am the c everything I type in is gone and the "c:\windows\system32" adress is showing again and is selected - and since I am still typing I will overwrite that with the remainder of the adress I was trying to type which is "...raft". So, I will have "raft" in my adress bar when I hit enter - which is not a valid adress at all.

The error occurs on three sepearate WIndows XP SP2 computers wide widely different software installed.

Can anyone running the Shell Patcher confirm this error? Just type soemthing into adressbar and after a moment it should revert back to what was previously there. It doesnt always happend, but frequently enough to be extremely annoying.

UPDATE:

It seems it takes exactly 8 seconds for the address bar to revert back.

There is an error with the Tango Patcher - or an error with this specific type of shell patcher in general. On all computers I have installed the shall patcher on a bug in the Windows Explorer (The Microsoft Windows Manager, not the browser) adress bar. For some reason it reverts to what was previously showing in the adress bar when you type something in it.

Example:

An explorer windows is currently showing "c:\windows\system32", I want to go to my games folder and start to type "D:\program\games\World of warc" and when I am the c everything I type in is gone and the "c:\windows\system32" adress is showing again and is selected - and since I am still typing I will overwrite that with the remainder of the adress I was trying to type which is "...raft". So, I will have "raft" in my adress bar when I hit enter - which is not a valid adress at all.

The error occurs on three sepearate WIndows XP SP2 computers wide widely different software installed.

Can anyone running the Shell Patcher confirm this error? Just type soemthing into adressbar and after a moment it should revert back to what was previously there. It doesnt always happend, but frequently enough to be extremely annoying.

UPDATE:

It seems it takes exactly 8 seconds for the address bar to revert back.

Yeah, looks like.

Confirmed present on my machine, taking much less than eight seconds.

Doesn't appear on an STTP-clean XPSP2 IE6SP1 VM.

Doesn't appear on an STTP-clean XPSP2 IE7 VM.

I hadn't noticed it, I've been using the Breadcrumb Toolbar for a while now :)

Do I give up? Yeah, I give up.

I'll look into it a bit further later, but I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment.