[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

• 2 weeks later...

v7.08 is not compatible with SVCPACK (T-13), silent switch problem maybe?

v7.05 is compatible for example.

Can you please fix this?

After installing it with the silent switch I get an error like:

"A file need to be replaced, restart needed"

Same message after the restart though...

Meh... I give up on trying to -modify everything. Time to just growl, -addoverwrite everything, and if anybody (me... being the only person to notice, probably) has extra resources... well... not my problem!

Give 7.08.2 a shot if you have "constant reloader" issues and you're too lazy to find out what files they were in / I'm too lazy to fix them.

The patcher is an awesome thing, but there's still one thing that bugs me. Why is the bootscreen that ugly? It's basically the same logo as in the default screensaver but still the edges are all jagged and the fonts are messed up. Is there anything to do about that?

Any teasers?

I'll be posting some screenshots soon. Need to get the entire package together and then get permission. I used the Murrina port by WinGnomeXP as my base. When that happens, I'll be releasing it all on my deviantArt page.

The patcher is an awesome thing, but there's still one thing that bugs me. Why is the bootscreen that ugly? It's basically the same logo as in the default screensaver but still the edges are all jagged and the fonts are messed up. Is there anything to do about that?

This is because the boot screen only supports 16 bit color. This means you can only use 16 colors in the image hence the choppy edges. Once Windows supports 32 bit color boot screens, you'll see crystal clear images. Until then (that's a bit 'until then'), you're stuck.

Here's a quick look at what I've got so far. I have 6 colors planned: green, blue, pink, purple, orange and red. I'll probably add in a black and a slate-ish gray eventually.

gummilooksforwindowsva2.th.png

Here's a quick look at what I've got so far. I have 6 colors planned: green, blue, pink, purple, orange and red. I'll probably add in a black and a slate-ish gray eventually.

Looks really nice! If you add the black or really dark grey colour, and also add a black taskbar option, then I'm sold!

Keep up the good work (Y) !

Scirwode

With all the color schemes, if you can cook in a good balance of functional-minimalism and eyecandy for the start menu, this has the potential to be seriously, epicly long-term usable, and not just for Tango fanboys (are there any left these days, with my 5-month hiatuses?)...

...(are there any left these days, with my 5-month hiatuses?)...

Oh, you devil you :devil: !

:p

Scirwode

Oh, you devil you :devil: !

:p

Scirwode

Nice! theme buddy only one request that plz make the start menu size is small same as the "Mint" visual style.

Hope u will do it for me and my suggestion is about Your theme that looks awesome bro hope u will finish that theme as soon as possible.waiting for it