[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

I thought this was something else. I was kinda surprised after boot. I hafta remind myself to read documentation before installing. It doesn't really matter, it was actally quite okay since my last iconset was fragments of, I dunno, seven... or perhaps more, diffrent sets.

Thanks! And the icons are very user friendly. They melt with the style I'm using atm.

I noticed that the Thunderbird icon is not available in STTP. I know I could simply reshack it but is there any chance you can put it in? I am however just asking and if you feel it's not necessary, I understand.

Scirwode

It should be there - unless you're talking about STTP 6000?

It should be there - unless you're talking about STTP 6000?

No, it's XP. I must be doing something wrong then or maybe it's about time I format my notebook :p .

Scirwode

Am I the only who got problems with ie7 and tangerine icons ? transparency doesn't seem to work (black border around the icons). I'm not using IE7 but I guess I'll ask anyway for completeness sake.

All your hard work is apreciated vertigosity, makes things beautiful. :)

It should be fine to upgrade to SP3 when it arrives shouldn't it? No need to uninstall STTP first?

All your hard work is apreciated vertigosity, makes things beautiful. :)

It should be fine to upgrade to SP3 when it arrives shouldn't it? No need to uninstall STTP first?

Most of the icons will revert back to XP. However, it will reload itself after the next reboot.

Scirwode

Most of the icons will revert back to XP. However, it will reload itself after the next reboot.

Scirwode

Pretty much. I'll need to release an update to cover the new comctl32.dlls, but that'll need to be done after SP3 anyways.

Pretty much. I'll need to release an update to cover the new comctl32.dlls, but that'll need to be done after SP3 anyways.

SP3 has just been released, for the most part :p !

Scirwode

SP3 has just been released, for the most part :p !

Scirwode

Yeah, but I'm deep in the middle of a big important (non-computer) project, and I don't have internet access at home right now... so I'm pretty much double-teamed until it's out on the Download Center.

Yeah, but I'm deep in the middle of a big important (non-computer) project, and I don't have internet access at home right now... so I'm pretty much double-teamed until it's out on the Download Center.

No worries, it doesn't really bother me (Y) .

Scirwode

Lately I've been wandering the internet for missing icons for some of the programs that I use, and I've noticed that I haven't found an IrfanView Tango icon. There is the IrfanView Tango/Gnome Toolbars and Image icons by stefeq but no icon to replace that road kill cat :p ! Can anyone point me in the right direction or could create one so I could Reshack it?

Scirwode

I Just installed this shell patcher.

so I decide to sign in this forum, just want to say thank you personally.

I am very appreciate for this awesome work.

Can not wait for your new version for SP3.

Sorry for my poor english.I am form China.

No worries, it doesn't really bother me (Y) .

Scirwode

So I took this challenge on, attached to this post.

Havent updated here in a while, but I've been making some tango-styled icons that I could really use the feedback on, previews also attached. All of them are released on my dA page: http://darkobra.deviantart.com

post-203379-1209653464.png

post-203379-1209653488.png

post-203379-1209653526.png

post-203379-1209653547.png

post-203379-1209653579.png

post-203379-1209653601.png

^ That is really very nice, XxDkCobraxX (Y) . I was actually expecting a road kill cat but instead I got a nice kitty face instead :p ! Thank you for the icon!

Scirwode

Unluckily this screws up SP3, so please update this nice tool, vertigosity.

I'm using it on SP3 and have had no problems whatsoever.

Scirwode

Unluckily this screws up SP3, so please update this nice tool, vertigosity.

Scirwode

Mixed results, hmm....

I think I'll wait before I install again :whistle:

Scirwode

I had it installed on SP2 and when I updated I reloaded everything (4 Files before reboot, ~19 after reboot) and couldn't boot it up because of some file. I copied over the SP2 file from Update-Backup-Folder and it could boot up to the graphic interface. This time missing (or corruped whatever) two other files (msgina.dll and SHELL32.dll). After using the SP2 ones of these two I could boot up the whole system, but Windows gave me some errors this time, so I uninstalled Tango Patcher and reinstalled SP3 which fixed it. Is it save to install Tango over it now?

edit: Running Windows XP Home SP3 (US Edition)

I had it installed on SP2 and when I updated I reloaded everything (4 Files before reboot, ~19 after reboot) and couldn't boot it up because of some file. I copied over the SP2 file from Update-Backup-Folder and it could boot up to the graphic interface. This time missing (or corruped whatever) two other files (msgina.dll and SHELL32.dll). After using the SP2 ones of these two I could boot up the whole system, but Windows gave me some errors this time, so I uninstalled Tango Patcher and reinstalled SP3 which fixed it. Is it save to install Tango over it now?

edit: Running Windows XP Home SP3 (US Edition)

The first time I installed SP3, all I had to do was accept the reloading icon prompt upon rebooting after installation. After that, everything reloaded fine, except of course the comctl32.dlls isons, which vertigosity is working on anyways. The second time is after I slipstream SP3 and installed STTP.

In both cases, everything worked out fine.

Scirwode