[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

does it function without the reloader in the startup?

Yes, it does. The reloader only exists to check if a windows update removes the tango icons from one or more altered files. If it finds changed files it restores the tangofied versions and prompts for a reboot.

Looks nice but for some reason it slows my boot up times :(
It might also need a few reboots for the prefetch cache to be regenerated - the prefetch cache is an XP feature that speeds things up quite a bit, but when system files are changed (especially en masse, as during installation of a Service Pack, or the Tango Patcher), it'll essentially be operating without it until it has regenerated it.

I see. How long does this regeneration usually take?

I see. How long does this regeneration usually take?
2 or 3 reboots, IIRC - or running
Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

how long does that take to run?

and also will it override custom registry changes I have made to change some icons manually?

how long does that take to run?

and also will it override custom registry changes I have made to change some icons manually?

Just a few minutes... it's something Windows does automatically when your machine is idle - this just jumpstarts the process for the impatient.

Just a few minutes... it's something Windows does automatically when your machine is idle - this just jumpstarts the process for the impatient.

Ok Cool. You didnt answer my other question though. About where I have used the registry to manaully replace certain special icons with icons I made in a c:\icons directory.

Ok Cool. You didnt answer my other question though. About where I have used the registry to manaully replace certain special icons with icons I made in a c:\icons directory.
Has Windows ever randomly broken them before ;)?

Has Windows ever randomly broken them before ;)?

I expect to be corrected if I'm wrong, but what I think what cooky560 is asking is this: If I use Tango Patcher 2600 will it overwrite my icon customizations?

The answer to which is no, it doesn't touch the registered file types. It will not change your custom icons nor program associations in any way. It only changes the icons within certain files, so the file/program icons may change. For example Windows Media Player gets new icons, and if you are using WMPs icons for anything they will change. If you are using a custom icon for mp3 and another for wav that are not found in a windows system file, then they won't get changed. At least not in my experience, such as with the quartz icons assignment I mentioned several posts ago.

Right OK. Some of the icons include system icons (such as the control panel icon by making a registry entry to fetch the icon from a different file than the default) will this change be overridden or not?

I've been wondering about some GNOME skins, specifically Thunderbird and FoxyTunes. Stefeq's develpment of a Thunderbird GNOME theme seems to have stalled, though I hope I'm proven wrong. I've also searched for a FoxyTunes GNOME skin but I have had no luck so far. My question, is there any I'm not aware of?

Scirwode

Right OK. Some of the icons include system icons (such as the control panel icon by making a registry entry to fetch the icon from a different file than the default) will this change be overridden or not?
Depends on what file they're pulling from... if it's a file included with Windows, then it probably would. If it's something you've added, then it probably wouldn't.
I've been wondering about some GNOME skins, specifically Thunderbird and FoxyTunes. Stefeq's develpment of a Thunderbird GNOME theme seems to have stalled, though I hope I'm proven wrong. I've also searched for a FoxyTunes GNOME skin but I have had no luck so far. My question, is there any I'm not aware of?

Scirwode

Mr. Fuji's been working on a set of Firefox themes: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=636662

I don't know of any others off the top of my head...

Depends on what file they're pulling from... if it's a file included with Windows, then it probably would. If it's something you've added, then it probably wouldn't.Mr. Fuji's been working on a set of Firefox themes: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=636662

I don't know of any others off the top of my head...

I'm using his Firefox skin at the moment :p . But still no Thunderbird theme, which I find strange as it is one of the most used software's around. Oh well, I have to keep looking then.

Scirwode

Sorry if this has been adressed before, I have been down in a hole lately.

Is this new update fully compatible with sp3, or are you planning further updates?

How many people who use the Shell Patcher use Foxit Reader for PDFs instead of Adobe Reader?

Have you wanted a tangofied version of Foxit? Well, a nice person at deviantArt (not me) has created and posted a tangofied uptake for Foxit. Foxit Reader tangofied by cruxye.

They look very nice.

I have been using the Tangerine iconset and I fired up IE7 to check on a windows update and found the icons to have square black borders. What is wrong?

post-62129-1215050304.png

^are you using a custom theme with windows blinds or anything :huh: ?

Uxtheme.dll patched with a customized visual style, but they appear that way under Luna, as well.

I have been using the Tangerine iconset and I fired up IE7 to check on a windows update and found the icons to have square black borders. What is wrong?

It looks like it's not alpha-bmp'ed properly... though, I can't think why, as the version in the patcher is correct - it's either not being loaded/displayed properly (can't begin to imagine why not), or you've modded it (which I'm guessing you'd know about :p).

It looks like it's not alpha-bmp'ed properly... though, I can't think why, as the version in the patcher is correct - it's either not being loaded/displayed properly (can't begin to imagine why not), or you've modded it (which I'm guessing you'd know about :p).

To my knowledge I've not modded it. I don't even know which bitmaps or file to mod. All of my non-patcher mods are to things like FoxIt and other executables.

To my knowledge I've not modded it. I don't even know which bitmaps or file to mod. All of my non-patcher mods are to things like FoxIt and other executables.

check your desktop colour depth in display properties. If you're using anything less than "Highest (32 bit)" it will mess up the alpha channel on 32-bit PNG/BMP images.

Same here (I already reported this a while ago).

check your desktop colour depth in display properties. If you're using anything less than "Highest (32 bit)" it will mess up the alpha channel on 32-bit PNG/BMP images.

That's not the case, it's claiming to be at 32 bits, and no other images are messed up.

Same here (I already reported this a while ago).

I discovered a work around that shows the icons without the black square background. Set the toolbar to display large icons and except for the back-forward rocker switch, all looks as it should.