[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

I discovered a work around that shows the icons without the black square background. Set the toolbar to display large icons and except for the back-forward rocker switch, all looks as it should.
Odd... the back/forward buttons aren't even touched...

I've never been able to replicate this, I give up :/

Odd... the back/forward buttons aren't even touched...

I've never been able to replicate this, I give up :/

Vertigosity,

Just tell me which file(s) hold the icons in question and I'll see what I can see, since my computer does have the affliction.

Vertigosity,

Just tell me which file(s) hold the icons in question and I'll see what I can see, since my computer does have the affliction.

They're bitmaps in ieframe.dll.

They're bitmaps in ieframe.dll.

I found them, and one, bitmap699.png is solid black where the other bitmap697.png is fine. There are a number of other pngs with the black instead of transparency, as well. Oh, I used Resedit to look, btw.

Anyway, here they are.

I noticed several images in ieframe.dll to have the same black border, and I was able to shrink bitmap699 to make a passible new bitmap699 and it works. No more black. So, in my rather amateur opinion, something goes wrong with the replacing of some resources from some of us using sp3, as I didn't have this issue with sp2.

Thankfully, I don't use IE for much beyond Windows Update.

post-62129-1215135967.png

post-62129-1215135976.png

Edited by Zsantz

I found them, and one, bitmap699.png is solid black where the other bitmap697.png is fine. There are a number of other pngs with the black instead of transparency, as well. Oh, I used Resedit to look, btw.

Anyway, here they are.

I noticed several images in ieframe.dll to have the same black border, and I was able to shrink bitmap699 to make a passible new bitmap699 and it works. No more black. So, in my rather amateur opinion, something goes wrong with the replacing of some resources from some of us using sp3, as I didn't have this issue with sp2.

Thankfully, I don't use IE for much beyond Windows Update.

I seem to remember cocking up an alphabmp conversion on something like that a while back, and fixing it, but that was a few point releases ago... what version are you using? I'm going to guess it's current, because that wouldn't answer anything :p

I seem to remember cocking up an alphabmp conversion on something like that a while back, and fixing it, but that was a few point releases ago... what version are you using? I'm going to guess it's current, because that wouldn't answer anything :p

Since I'm not 100% which version number of which program your asking for, please forgive my verboseness:

XP Home, SP3.

Tango Patcher 2600 8.06

ResEdit 2.2

ResHacker 3.4.0.79

IE7 with all of the patches from MS

Nope... I checked Gnome and Tango... but not Tangerine, you're using Tangerine, it's effed up.

Edit: here, have a fixed version.

699.bmp

Edited by vertigosity

Is this ready for SP3?
Never wasn't :p

There's a new build up for anyone using IE7 in small icons mode with Tangerine, identical except for that one bitmap.

Edited by vertigosity

Vertigosity,

Thank you for the quick fix and update. I'm very thankful, as are others who use / will use Tangerine.

You've got the best pack out, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry if this has been answered before - Where can I find the Tango iconset in .ico format w/ different sizes (you know how a .ico can store different size icons)?

Sorry if this has been answered before - Where can I find the Tango iconset in .ico format w/ different sizes (you know how a .ico can store different size icons)?
If you're using 8.06, the "extract source-code" option will give you everything.
Will you make an update for adobe reader 9?
Probably, I'll just have to get around to it.
Nice work.

If you go into System Properties under XP SP3, the image seems... off.

Keep us updated :)

You'll have to give at least a better description of what you mean by "off," if not a screenshot...

Sorry. Here we go.

tangoproblemfl7.png

I had that problem before. Under desktop > properties > settings select 16bit hit apply then hit 32bit.

Anybody know what theme vertigosity is using on the first post in this thread?

I had that problem before. Under desktop > properties > settings select 16bit hit apply then hit 32bit.

Anybody know what theme vertigosity is using on the first post in this thread?

Thanks, but the highest I can go is 24-bit. :(

Also, I'd like to know that theme too, it looks pretty good.

Thanks, but the highest I can go is 24-bit. :(

Also, I'd like to know that theme too, it looks pretty good.

Try switching to 16 then back to 24 then. It may work.

I've changed the tail-end of the FAQ section in the first post:

• On "omg orange diamonds, wrong icon!":
    • I'm probably going to change this back, soon, since this is the noisiest damn thing I hear about, the only person who actually liked that was me, and I'm not even using XP anymore. Maybe I'll just use the Gnome icon all around...

• What VS are you using in the orange-diamond-faq-screenshot?

[*]When will X86-64 be supported?

• I'm workin' on it!

Try switching to 16 then back to 24 then. It may work.
I'm pretty sure 32-bit is really 24 bits of colour, and 8 bits of alpha... and Windows needs a driver that makes the distinction between the two to support alpha-blending... but it looks like you're running WindowFX or something, there, so maybe just on its own bitmaps.

I doubt any amount of mode-switching is going to fix it, unless it was stuck on a mode, like after coming out of a poorly behaved game.

Edited by vertigosity

I've changed the tail-end of the FAQ section in the first post:

• On "omg orange diamonds, wrong icon!":
    • I'm probably going to change this back, soon, since this is the noisiest damn thing I hear about, the only person who actually liked that was me, and I'm not even using XP anymore. Maybe I'll just use the Gnome icon all around...

But I like the orange diamonds, I just wish I knew how to apply the alternative icons for start menu groupings. :wacko:

I know, I know, I should know that already, but I don't.