[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

I :heart: Tango. Someone should put together a Tango icon set for iPhone/iPod Touch :)

Someone might as well put a Tango set Windows Mobile 6.1/TouchFLO 3D/Symbian/Sony Ericsson/PSP/Nintendo DS and a host of other devices to complete the set. While they're at it, might as well create a GNOME set as well to make it really complete :laugh: !

I'm just joking by the way but if anyone wants to take up the call, be my guest and don't let my idiotic rambling stop you :p !

Scirwode

• 2 weeks later...

I've been silently working on some Tango for the iPod/iPhone stuff you can check it out here...

My DeviantART Page

Someone might as well put a Tango set Windows Mobile 6.1/TouchFLO 3D/Symbian/Sony Ericsson/PSP/Nintendo DS and a host of other devices to complete the set. While they're at it, might as well create a GNOME set as well to make it really complete :laugh: !

I'm just joking by the way but if anyone wants to take up the call, be my guest and don't let my idiotic rambling stop you :p !

Scirwode

I've been silently working on some Tango for the iPod/iPhone stuff you can check it out here...

My DeviantART Page

H*** yes. I've been ogling iPod Touches for a while now, but haven't really had the cash... I think you just cinched it for me :D

I love my iPod and the Tango icons do look rather dashing on it...I must say. However now that I've gotten a taste of what a MID [Mobile Internet Device] can do. I've been wanting more. What I'm currently looking at getting is a Nokia N810. Maybe it will be a X-mas gift to myself.

H*** yes. I've been ogling iPod Touches for a while now, but haven't really had the cash... I think you just cinched it for me :D

Hey, did somebody ask for a PSP theme?

Because I NOW HAVE ONE for you guys, months after I disappeared without bringing forth results.

AND BEHOLD, IT WAS GOOD.

Looks nice, but it only makes me wish I had a PSP to try it out :laugh: . A question though, is there anyone working on a Thunderbird GNOME theme? It's the only app on my desktop which isn't GNOME and considering that I've just got my OWA to work with it, it's one of my most used software.

Scirwode

Its been a while since I updated anything here, but I have been slowly working on a bunch of different Tango-ified icons. They're on my deviantArt page, but the one I really wanted to mention is the weather pack I worked on:

http://darkobra.deviantart.com/art/Tango-W...n-Pack-98024429

Some people here might like this, just wanted to update everyone. Nice job on the iPod/iPhone mod too!

Hi. I downloaded the Tango Pather 2600 8.06 on DeviantART. But after I install it and I log in, all the icons are replaced, but I can't get into some programs like none of the browsers I have on my computer (FF, Chrome, IE7). And when I tried to uninstall it, it the uninstaller wouldn't show. So I had to go into safe mode to do it. I like the patcher, just I can't live without FireFox. :) Help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the doublepost... I have a request of sorts...

Could someone please do the following?

I could really use some composite icons, like this one:

places-user-docs.png

These are the ones I had in mind:

drive-harddisk.png + emblem-windows.png / package-x-generic.png

folder.png + applications-internet.png / media-optical.png / system-users.png

So if someone has the source .svg-s and some free time, I'd be really grateful :)

Here are the icons from vert's shell patcher in the attachment.

icons.zip

Hey people. I am glad that this treat is still alive. I've been doing some own Tango job in my free time...skining some apps and replacing even more XP icons with Tango. I do not have the latest patcher installed as I was doing my own work on the dlls.

You can take a look at www.8666.deviantart.com

-Tango Folders

-Skin for 1by1 MP3 Player

-Skin for XnView

I do not know an easy way to make a patcher (maybe not even having time) but at least I want to share this screen shot with you:

244cnph.jpg

There is more... but I can not show it all. I want to replace every original XP icon.those that are not replacable..I edited the dialog boxes :) I am using XP SP2 so ....I do not know..uploading DLL will be illegal huh?

-Skin for XnView

Thanks for the XnView skin. I somehow missed that on dA.

BTW: What visual style are you using in your screenshots? Looks like Windows Classic to me, but some elements do not have the 'classic' look IMHO.

It's been a while since this thread is active. That said, anyone know of a good Gnome 7-Zip theme, I had one before but I lost it. I'm using this icon for the moment which is really good, just wish it had a nice theme to it.

Scirwode

Thanks for the XnView skin. I somehow missed that on dA.

BTW: What visual style are you using in your screenshots? Looks like Windows Classic to me, but some elements do not have the 'classic' look IMHO.

It's classic with modified shellstyle.dll

Other fonts and colors (Themes service off)

Let me list the programs that I run with Tango (NO Gnome at all):

-FireFox2, 3 - I modified the themes even more (some non tango icons where tweaked)

-DownThemAll for FF

-Thunderbird

-XnView

-SmPlayer (can not change the main icon only)

-WinRAR

-uTorrent

-7-ZIP

-OpenOffice 3

-InfraRecorder (does not work properly with my recorder especially the verify thing)

-Notepad++ (my own mod of the skin)

-FoxiReader (work in progress, no support alpha channel in toolbars so I build them against my XP background color to keep the shadows in proper form)

-FileZilla

-1by1 MP3 Player

Would like GIMP and InkScape in Tango not Gnome

Also XYExplorer (not possible to skin now)

and a Tango friendly workable CD Burner!

-Is it possible to remove the border around thumbnails (without running any theme manager)..maybe changing few bytes in explorer.exe? I know it is controled bu Button Face color.

-I modify (make complete) most of the Tango skins that I find onlline and I only use Portable software (Not messing in the registry and introducing their own file types/mime icons)

Edited by 8666

Teaser:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=t6dow7&s=5

:)

Please do not quote this post (or at least the url), as I will change the url / image sooner or later (privacy stuff)

I do not have overlays. Suggestions?

How Tango is this?

I plan to change the sun in the weather, Skype and Yahoo have stronger outline...this is all raster design..maybe I should start all over in vector? I plan to make Windows classic skin too...or maybe go back to classic list..I removed the fingerprint just because in is not Tango :)

It will be available on the Miranda site..around beginning of March '09