[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Of course it doesn't work on Windows 7. This is made for XP! You can try the version made for Vista but I think that will fail at times too.

I think I wrote in the wrong thread but I used the Vista version as vertigosity said it works for 7.

This would be magic on Windows 7... if only it got taken up again when vertigosity has time :( I've built up a nice collection of other tango/tangerine icons that can be added to the project!

I'm sure opening the project up to assistance with finding icons would make it much easier to do?

There doesn't need to be 4 icon sets maintained - maybe just the main 2 (Tango and Tangerine).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Do we have a group set up for all this to keep track of icons and themes people have contributed (and maybe even requested)? If not, we should! I know I'd be more than willing to lend a hand in developing icons for the project.

I never understood the appeal of these. They look like they were designed on Windows 95 or something. Who would want icons that look like they were colored from a paint program that can't even handle millions of colors?

Personally, I think Tango icons are better designed than some of the "professional" ones. The charm's in its simplicity and usability. Plus, I kind of like how they don't use a huge, unruly palette. It makes for a consistent look that brings everything together. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So does the vista version work for 7?

For a definitive answer, yes, it does work with Windows 7 somewhat.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit version, and while it patches some of the icons, there's a few problems. I've patched mine and recieved an odd error, "Cannot create file if file already exists". But it still patches the icons reguardless.

I will post a picture later as an example.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I noticed that the icons next to the adress bar aren't changed... Is this just an issue with my config?

ClipBoard-1-2.png

i'm facing the same issue now (dunno since when)

xp sp3 with latest updates

patching in safemode hasnt help as in Punio4 case.

does anyone know how to solve? please

too bad patcher is not updated anymore ;(

No offense but those are some very ugly icons people.

no offence, but you can keep your useless opinion and 'perfect' sence of beautiness inside

Hey guys, check out this similar patcher that works for 64 bit:32 bit:http://heebijeebi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2bxxlk64 bit:http://heebijeebi.deviantart.com/art/Gnome-Colors-Patcher-Se7en-x64-179324558Its gnome colors + gnome + classic tango to choose from. Just tried it and worked perfectly for me.

looks awesome, thx! hope it works for xp, i ll try from home (no access from werk)

Yeah, to fix that, you'd have to add the path for that latest comctl32.dll to the NSIS script (well, several of them, actually) and recompile. If there's a guy maintaining a variant... great. I stopped pretending "I'll have time to get back to STTP someday!" a looong time ago :/

And yeah, that's one of those questions that's been answered to death many times over the past 100 pages...

• 5 months later...