[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

im cool only because I use foobar.....bitch ass loads in .0893 seconds

foobar is the cool

yes and my itunes and wmp can open in 3, unbearably long... :rolleyes: now just stop trolling your precious foobar and stick to the topic

I like Foobar for its native-ness, Winamp for its speed and screen-real-estate efficiency, and then I settled on iTunes for its playlist management. Honestly, on my machine, I can't tell the difference in speed between Foobar and Winamp-without-a-library or between Winamp-with-a-library and iTunes. Verdict: Use what fits you. End of argument :yes: It's not like using IE or WMP, where using them in an unfiltered public environment (like the Internet), especially without proper education, can be dangerous to your system. I haven't been able to become a Miranda or Foobar fanboy because I can't dedicate myself to spending hours working on getting a jazillion modules and their configs set up, and they're so basic by default.

I know WiMP's patchable (although I might need to account for version differences) and I'm pretty sure Winamp is, and if they are, they'll be in the next version. I think Foobar might be executable-compressed, but I don't have a copy of the installer handy.

I think Foobar might be executable-compressed, but I don't have a copy of the installer handy.

It ain't. I used the following icon with reshack:

ClipBoard-1-14.png

Works fairly well :yes:

It ain't. I used the following icon with reshack:

(image removed from quote)

Works fairly well :yes:

See, that is EXACTLY what I want from a Media Player....album art, nice columns that aren't obtrusive, and everytihng in one window. It even has native support and a Tango button theme. May I ask how you got your setup like that? This is probably not the right place for it but if you could PM it to me or point me to the place with instructions on what to do I'd be most obliged :D

Those icons are beautiful vertigosity...

Have you made lower res yet, or do I have to keep dreaming?

Also, I was poking around some Photoshop files looking for the control (to tango-art-libre-ize) and look what I found :p

PSART.dll --> PNGF --> EL_SLPASHART.PNG

zaufyslwq.png

w00t!

cmvcetxtr.png

Edited by bobp

What does everyone think about this? Again, I suck big time when it comes to icon making but I figured I'd give it a try since so many DO use Foobar and I may or may not depending on how the customization goes. Is this Tango enough?

media-app-foobar.png

If it sucks maybe vertigosity will make the icon like he did with the WMP one which sucked even worse :p

Yep. Also, you might want to go for just the severed rat-head, and not the severed rathead with the box around it. If you get stuck or something, toss me your SVG, and I'll have a go at it. For that matter, send me the SVG when you're finished anyways, I'll scale it up and include it (Y)

Edited by vertigosity

looks good Doode, but his eyes are a bit small. :p make it bigger

button.png

The eyes were such a pain but I'll attempt to make them slightly larger. I see they take up pretty much all of the face. Thanks for the props though!

Yep. Also, you might want to go for just the severed rat-head, and not the severed rathead with the box around it. If you get stuck or something, toss me your SVG, and I'll have a go at it. For that matter, send me the SVG when you're finished anyways, I'll scale it up and include it (Y)

That thing is a severed RAT head?! Okay, I think I've seen everything now. Anyway, very good idea. I'll remove the box and try just the head. I'll tweak it up a bit to folow the style guidelines a bit more since it'll be on it's own. Thanks for the advice! As soon as I finish with the PNG and figure out how to create SVg graphics (InkScpae doesn't like importing the right way for some reason) I'll send it on over :)

Those icons are beautiful vertigosity...

Have you made lower res yet, or do I have to keep dreaming?

Also, I was poking around some Photoshop files looking for the control (to tango-art-libre-ize) and look what I found :p

PSART.dll --> PNGF --> EL_SLPASHART.PNG

zaufyslwq.png

w00t!

cmvcetxtr.png

HELL YES!!!!

Is thta universal i.e. illustrator, go live etc...

HELL YES!!!!

Is thta universal i.e. illustrator, go live etc...

Erm... I doubt it, but I've already reverted to normal PS. It's kinda an all or nothing thing for me.

Anyways, it's in the Photoshop folder and is named PS_art.dll.

SO that kinda makes me think non universal.

Okay here is the problem. I tried blowing up the foobar2k tango "icon" I made to a larger scale and of course, being a PNG it exploded. I tried copying the selection and expanding it and it caused some major pixelization. I tried making the rat thing from scratch and I ended up with a friggin rectangle (don't ask). I can't seem to find larger icon anywhere so I'm stuck. Anyone know of a large icon or want a go at it?

Getting back into the swing of Inkscaping...

I haven't scaled 'em to the various sizes, and they'll likely get tweaked up a bit before they hit the patcher.

I'm REALLY not happy with the 3d perspective on the upper-right part of Winamp's trademark lightning bolt, but that's my take on it so far. I'll do its highlight stroke when I'm finished playing with it.

The gloss looks a bit too much on the WMP icon.

It won't let me edit my post, dangit.

Anyway, I officially give up. I need to stop trying to make these icons :p

Here is what I got. Anyone who is interested in using it as...whatever it is capable of being used for...feel free! I tried ;)

fb2ktango.png

SooperDoode, is that a raster or vector?

Er...well it isn't a vector. I don't think it's a rastor. In fact, I don't really know what it is. It's a bunch of lines smacked together in a horrible attempt to make a Tango icon! :p

It's raster. Raster=bitmap.

I didn't really think it needed to be said, but you're supposed to do the SVG first... making a PNG is irrelevant, you just generate the sizes you need upwards from the SVG :p

I use the STTP on my computer using the Tangerine theme from Ubuntu. I love it, it blends in well with my Luna Element 5 VS and Ubuntu Firefox theme. I was wondering though, can anyone make a reshack patch for AOL Instant Messenger versions 5.0 to 5.9? If you could, that'd be great; I use AIM 5.9 instead of Triton (Triton's too ugly) and I tire of the AIM icons. I know there were some made for Gaim, so you could just use them.

Also, good job on the Winamp Tango icon; include it and the AIM icons in the next patch if you will. Good job, and thanks in advance.