[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

I've finally gotten around to playing with Opera.

Looking back at what all I've changed, I think I'm probably going to pull a release Patch Tuesday anyways (despite what I said earlier) - if for no other reason, I've changed some code to further avoid the comctl32.dll "black screen of death" bug.

It won't have even half of the nifty/cool stuff I said it would, though :p

using clearlooks 2.2 vs that icon looks 'smahed' a bit for Opera

(after adding paths to INI file)

The VS is irrelevant (of course), but Opera does smash that icon. I've gotten around it by giving it a special 16x16-only version (just don't hit alt-tab, Windows'll scale it up :pinch: )
When using Opera, it sometimes conflicts with default .html icon, Opera's icon sometimes shows up or vice versa.

I'm a lazy negro slave so I don't have pics sorry

You're gonna have to give screenshots, otherwise I won't be able to figure out what the heck you're talking about, or decide if it's even my problem ;) Edited by vertigosity

Lucky. Wondering if theres a tangofied Xbox icon? Figured here was the best place to ask.
Not that I know of... original or 360? I might throw it on my list of stuff to try doodling when I'm bored.

hello vertigosity! Still using your set with loads of fun, it has almost become a standard where i live. Everyone who sees my desktop wants those icons to, and for me, after half a year of use, i still enjoy lookin @ my windooze :)

i have a a question, not specialy for you, but for all who can help me in the right direction :)

is there, or can somebody think of a way to slipstream this set in an install CD, so that its patched before i install it. (preferable automized, or semi automized). Its not that a big deal, but since i install lots of boxes for my friends and all, and they all want the TANGO set installed to. i was just thinkin out loud :)

further vertigosity, enjoy the month off, nothing needed what should urge a september release :)

again, thanx mr!

Not that I know of... original or 360? I might throw it on my list of stuff to try doodling when I'm bored.

Original, preferably. That would be sweet man, I've tried messing round in inkscape but it looked like a car crash at the end of it :(

I've finally gotten around to playing with Opera.

Looking back at what all I've changed, I think I'm probably going to pull a release Patch Tuesday anyways (despite what I said earlier) - if for no other reason, I've changed some code to further avoid the comctl32.dll "black screen of death" bug.

It won't have even half of the nifty/cool stuff I said it would, though :p

The VS is irrelevant (of course), but Opera does smash that icon. I've gotten around it by giving it a special 16x16-only version (just don't hit alt-tab, Windows'll scale it up :pinch: ) You're gonna have to give screenshots, otherwise I won't be able to figure out what the heck you're talking about, or decide if it's even my problem ;)

Untitled-1.jpg.xs.jpg

as you can see .htm aren't affected

... I've tried messing round in inkscape but it looked like a car crash at the end of it :(

I totally know how that is ;). My foobar icon looks like santa claus :pinch:

Those icons are beautiful vertigosity...

Have you made lower res yet, or do I have to keep dreaming?

Also, I was poking around some Photoshop files looking for the control (to tango-art-libre-ize) and look what I found :p

PSART.dll --> PNGF --> EL_SLPASHART.PNG

zaufyslwq.png

w00t!

cmvcetxtr.png

How exactly did you replace the resource?

resedit thing is weird...

Hey, Vert. What do you use to patch your icons? I tried using plain ol' Reshack, but it don' work so well. It bugs up the WinXP-style start menu, making right-clicks useless.

Yeah, ResEdit is pretty buggy, and even in places where it doesn't crash, it can be sorta awkward to actually use - the only thing I use it for is converting PNGs to 32-bit BMPs and back again. Plus, if I can make ResHack do something through its GUI, I can probably make a script to do the same thing, which means it can go in the patcher.

It bugs up the WinXP-style start menu, making right-clicks useless.
That's an interesting bug in its own right - what are you doing to produce that?
Untitled-1.jpg.xs.jpg

as you can see .htm aren't affected

Change the icon in the "folder options" control panel. That's all I'd be able to do for ya, anyways.

Well, nothing. I used Reshack to patch the icon to Winamp, then saved it. I tried using my WinXP Start Menu afterwards, and I couldn't right-click anything on there but my icon and my "All Programs" link.

Well, nothing. I used Reshack to patch the icon to Winamp, then saved it. I tried using my WinXP Start Menu afterwards, and I couldn't right-click anything on there but my icon and my "All Programs" link.

Sorry for the double-post, but I figured out what was wrong. Apparently, I disabled drag-and-drop on my start menu. My bad, carry on.

Anyone have a good icon for Tango YzShadow taskbar?

Also, NOD32 and nVidia taskbar icons!

Also, where is the volume control taskbar icon located? Creative Audigy driver replaced the standard icon with their own, and I want to resedit it back!

Thank you for making this awesome shellpack! Everytime I download a newer version it gets better and better!!!

Does the complete (orange/blue) shellpack realy have ONLY 2.2 MB (@ Dev-Art) ?
Yep... it seems like every time I go on a mad adding spree, I find a new compression algorithm that packs everything in tighter. Moving from Zip to a RAR self-extractor saved a bit of space when adding Tangerine, and NSIS LZMA blows RAR away. Heeeeey... that rhymed. Sweet.
Anyone have a good icon for Tango YzShadow taskbar?

Also, NOD32 and nVidia taskbar icons!

Also, where is the volume control taskbar icon located? Creative Audigy driver replaced the standard icon with their own, and I want to resedit it back!

The normal mixer icons are in system32\stobject.dll and also in system32\sndvol32.exe (earlier versions pulled it from there), but I'd bet the Audigy installs its own mixer software. If it is a seperate application, and you figure out what executable it is, send me the binary and tell me what path it's in, and I'll get it in the next release of the patcher in a manner similar to how I'm whacking the nVidia mixer.

If NOD32 is actually any good (as most NWers seem to think) it probably does a file integrity check on itself (so a virus couldn't infect it directly), preventing any modification. AVG and Steam both do this, I know, I've tried.

If the nVidia taskbar app works the way I think it does, it might be something I could convince myself is possibly worth prioritizing, as I use Ultramon myself for what IIRC is similar functionality, on my ATI card - and its XP-themed icon sticks out.

Thanks for answering the qestions vertigosity!

-I've located the Creative Volume Control app, do you have an email addy I could send it to?

-Yeah, I thought of the same thing when it came to NOD32... so A/Vs are usually no go.

-What about YzShadow? Got a good replacement for that?

-I don't know how the nVidia thing works, but it is the nVidia icon that gets installed by all drivers.

THANKS!