[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

The Vista icons aren't all that bad. I'll be fine with them until Vert releases the Vista pather. It'll be interesting to see what new things it will do.

Why, Vertigosity, must you constantly keep changing your avatar to something cool. That new one you have looks awesome! Where are you getting all of these? And you shouldn't be putting teasers in your Sig. It'll make us go crazy :p

The Vista icons aren't all that bad. I'll be fine with them until Vert releases the Vista pather. It'll be interesting to see what new things it will do.

Yeah, they're not bad... but, you know, everyone uses them. As there won't be any themes for Vista that aren't just mods adjusting aero's transparency, the patcher will be the only opportunity to give Vista some personality.

Oh, hm... give operating systems personality... oh my :pinch: They gonna take over the world one day.

Yeah, Vista's icons are actually pretty nice looking, but I've gotta mod it just because I can :D On the flip side, anything for which there isn't a good Tangoid replacement will look less out of place in Vista than XP.

Why, Vertigosity, must you constantly keep changing your avatar to something cool. That new one you have looks awesome! Where are you getting all of these?:p
http://www.quantum-bits.org/tango/ - he's got quite a few nifty icons there.

I'd just like to say that I really don't like Resource Tuner Console (which, TBH, is probably going to be necessary for Win64 support).

It's got to be installed (presumably to register bits of itself as COM components or some such), so that it can be accessed by the Windows Script Host, since it uses VBscript as its scripting language. You have pretty much write a miniature program to handle the logic of modifying the binary, which just feels way more complicated than the nice simple declarative comma-seperated list of parameters that ResHack uses. Moreover, maybe I'm just being stupid and missing something that should be painfully obvious, but I can't get it actually... open a file outside of its installation directory. This... this must be what going insane feels like.

Edited by vertigosity

Woah! Thanks for that link; there is some sweet stuff on there :D But none the .tar.gz files will open correctly in WinRAR.. Any suggestions?

Edit - Nevermind, they opened with 7zip.

They opened fine for me using WinRAR

Unfortunately it was impossible to create a patcher in this case.

Yeah, for some reason the IZArc program is compressed. I can't figure out how to un-compress it.

Well, damnit.

I'll email the IZArc creator, and see if he'll make a patch for the icon to be used in IZArc.

IZarc is easy to decompress.

decompressedgq7.jpg

all thats needed is an ASPack unpacker.

or my favorite... quick unpack (use google)

after that just use your resource hacker to change stuff.

reshackrl8.jpg

Edited by Bi0haZarD

IZarc is easy to decompress.

all thats needed is an ASPack unpacker.

or my favorite... quick unpack (use google)

after that just use your resource hacker to change stuff.

And after that for optimal performance it would be best to repack it.

Does any of these support packing

P.S.

I guess there's no freeware unpacker or packer, is there?

And after that for optimal performance it would be best to repack it.

Does any of these support packing

P.S.

I guess there's no freeware unpacker or packer, is there?

doesn't matter if ya pack it or not, packing just makes the file size smaller and doesn't offer any performance upgrades (well.. none that i've seen).

The most popular freeware packer/unpacker is UPX.

but one thing about unpacking is there is no definite unpacker that works with all types..

Any progress on the Nano (2nd gen) theme?

From what I recall, the 2nd gen Nano's got an encrypted firmware, so no theming for it just yet.

I think they're cracking it soon though, just keep an eye out on iPodLinux's webpage and iPodWizard.

any1 has a pidgin png???

Fresh from my Pidgin 2.02 on Linux:)) (Icon also has changed in this version... not on windows though)

If you need a different size.. I also have 16x16, 24x24 and 32x32

post-165530-1182245464.png