[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Just a really minor bug I noticed:

20070629092242wh9.png

Shouldnt those two icons be switched?

Bit off topic, but which visual style is that? The ones I have had looked a bit different than yours.

Alright.. A while back, I found a Tango iPod icon set here somewhere. I have since lost it in a reformat :(

Does anyone have these icons anymore?

post-102394-1183597146.png

Are there any vista Tango Icons?

Edit: And a tut on how to change those icons to? :)

Edited by Guest

ok i've got 2 questions,

does a higher resolution png exists ? (preferably 128x128) - 803671_05072007_ooo_writer.png

i only found a 16x16 version of this icon - 882199_05072007_media_playlist_shuffle.png

is there a 32x32 one ?

Alright.. A while back, I found a Tango iPod icon set here somewhere. I have since lost it in a reformat :(

840315_05072007_multimedia_player_ipod_nano_black.png

681985_05072007_multimedia_player_ipod_nano_white.png

758363_05072007_multimedia_player_ipod_shuffle.png

368350_05072007_multimedia_player_ipod_standard_color.png

Alright.. A while back, I found a Tango iPod icon set here somewhere. I have since lost it in a reformat sad.gif

post-102394-1183597146.png

It's from Tango-icon-theme-extras (http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Library) and I still have the ICO-converted and partially 32x32-ified version up (http://tango.benpbrown.com/?page=apps&app=shellicons)

Are there any vista Tango Icons?

Edit: And a tut on how to change those icons to? smile.gif

It's a work in progress. If somebody has an IP theme together, then there's that, but the Patcher for Vista isn't anywhere near ready for general public usage yet.
ok i've got 2 questions,

does a higher resolution png exists ? (preferably 128x128) -

i only found a 16x16 version of this icon -

is there a 32x32 one ?

I'm sure it's around, but the SVG for it isn't in Ubuntu, so it's not something I have. The media-shuffle icon isn't one I recognize, it's not in Tango-icon-theme or Gnome-icon-theme either. It looks like it's the same shape as the one from G-I-T, but with the lighter glassier look from T-I-T. The one in G-I-T only goes up to 22x22. Edited by vertigosity

thanks for reply vertigosity ;)

are there any tango icons for "random" or "shuffle" (to use in a audio/multimedia player) ? i'm using 'view-refresh' atm but it looks 'out of place' ...

Sorry, but I must disagree, the icon may not be "hot" but it is cool.
Well, yeah... but I don't like it that much, and if I don't like it, I don't expect anyone else to be enthralled either. Something that bridges the gap between the two seperate worlds would be nice. Something like... this!

post-52710-1183840729.png

They could still use a little tweaking here and there, but I'm at least happy with the basic idea, and it seems to work fairly well.

On a completely unrelated note, it'd be really neat to say I released this on 7/7/7, so I'll throw together something half-assed to have up by 7PM (Central) :p

Edited by vertigosity

Well, yeah... but I don't like it that much, and if I don't like it, I don't expect anyone else to be enthralled either. Something that bridges the gap between the two seperate worlds would be nice. Something like... this!

[snip]

They could still use a little tweaking here and there, but I'm at least happy with the basic idea, and it seems to work fairly well.

On a completely unrelated note, it'd be really neat to say I released this on 7/7/7, so I'll throw together something half-assed to have up by 7PM (Central) :p

I wet myself a little when I saw those folders. Especially the Tangerine one! You're really going to release the Super Turbo Tango Pathcer for Vista: Half-Assed Version today? AHHH! MUST RE-INSTALL VISTA.

Our lives are simply meaningless without STTP.

post-52710-1183840729.png

Lookin great, I can't wait.

I wet myself a little when I saw those folders. Especially the Tangerine one! You're really going to release the Super Turbo Tango Pathcer for Vista: Half-Assed Version today? AHHH! MUST RE-INSTALL VISTA.

Our lives are simply meaningless without STTP.

:blink: :whistle: :unsure: :blush:

hey vertigosity how can I get the STTP reloader to ignore a file?

and btw I look foward to testing STTP 6000. Finally an escape from the Vista icons.

It'd be some serious effort to get the sideways folders set up for XP; I'd have to do a few more sizes (I've only done 48x48/scalable at the moment, which is all Vista uses 90% of the time) and folder-types, and come up with a reasonable scheme for choosing between the sidewaysed gene-spliced abominations and the original Tangoid variants. Still, STTP 2600 needs some love sometime soon, GIT2 has had some major changes, and the patcher still needs more one-shots so that category isn't just "hey, look at me, I drew a mouse icon!"

hey vertigosity how can I get the STTP reloader to ignore a file?
Delete its copy from the backup directory - the reloader only works on files that were around when the installer ran, and if it doesn't have a backup file, it must not have been around ;)
Hmm, the zip containing the Media Player icons seems to be corrupt or something. It won't open.
It's really not my week for archive integrity... reuploaded. Edited by vertigosity

hello

i think i ve got a problem here^

im using own icon for opera

i ve added in *Opera\profile\opera6.ini 2 lines

Icon=C:\program files\opera\Opera.ico

Application Icon=C:\program files\opera\Opera.ico

under [user Prefs] section

the problem is, when i use 16px icon my alt+tab looks ugly

when i use 48?px icon the whole icon in taskbar and titlebar is smashed due resize

anyone knows the salvation? thx

i think there sould be ways to define 16px icon for 48px icon, icon inside icon? (like it will be drawing it another way)

what app do i need for this? any freeware?

opera_16.ico

opera_48.ico

In case somebody didn't notice (I did not till yesterday):

There is a Tangerine theme for OpenOffice. It is included in Feisty (7.04).

Is that Tangerine or Human? The folder thing on the left side of the toolbar looks like it comes from the Human set.