Does your school allow hats?

Are you allowed to wear hats in school?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Allowed wearing hates in scool?

• Yes/Did when I went to school
    • No/Didn't when I went to school.

I can wear a hat in the winter, but it has to be a ski hat.

Girls get away with dresscode infractions so easy in private schools. Sounds like a public school your talking about, just tell them to STFU - your paying taxes or something - be a hardass.

Yep, it was a public high school school in Alabama. Yeehaw..

Hehe, that was my main problem. I was a hardass. Got me in a buncha trouble. But that was 11 years ago. There isn't much I can do now..

What ever happened to manners where gentlemen take their hat off indoors? I don't always do it in a store or anything, but I do when I'm entering a building in which I'll be staying for a while.

it depends on the teacher really but earlier in highschool i used to leave it on.. teacher says to take it off, then they look some where else i put it back on lol.. but in my last few years of highschool i thought it was more gentlemen like and i took my hate whenever i entered class :) good boy i am.

No theyd kick out for the day if you brought a hat in class at my highschool.

What ever happened to manners where gentlemen take their hat off indoors? I don't always do it in a store or anything, but I do when I'm entering a building in which I'll be staying for a while.

Who knows... I think those days are long gone. It's ingrained into me from the Army. We were required to drop cover when going indoors unless we were under arms. I've been out for 3 years and it is still a habit.

Yeah exactly.. it's showing some respect towards the teacher, you know.

During class were teachers would say "take it off", but not because it's a rule, it's just a matter of education, beeing a gentleman, and that things.

Schools and teachers are so anal about uniform don't you think? They can be so over-the-top just because they want to make everyone the same and opress their individuality.

In the real world it doesn't matter. Of course it's good to know about dressing smartly and how to conform to a uniform when necessary i.e. in hospitals or a factory. I do not see how measuring the length of girls skirts to make sure they are the same is helpful. Especially in girls who are constantly growing (we had this at school and they only picked on girls they didn't like).

My school doesn't have a problem (aside from the French teacher), and I sometimes (quite often) wear a hat since my hair is awful.

Last year they tried to ban hats. That lasted for like a day and when everyone yelled at the administrators they brought them back (although bandanas are banned, which I agree with).

School Handbook

Article XI

i. _____ High School does not allow the wearing of any headwear within the school building during regular school hours without the permission of a school administrator

a. In violation of this rule, the violator will be given In School Detention for a minimum of one (1) lunch hour or as an administrator deems necessary.

:no: It's like prison.

When I was in school they did, but in my last year they stopped it.

Apprently it can be in relation to gang symbols and colors.

Personally I think its stupid, your in school. Not at work.

Kids are kids, and should be allowed to wear what they want.