Windows XP Boot.ini edit

I need to add another OS to my bootloader, So that i can have a menu to select between the two.

This is my current boot.in

[boot loader]

timeout=1

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

I have highlighted in the screenshot what partition i want to be able to boot to.

Could someone please post the boot.ini lines i need to add to make a OS selector screen.

post-55239-1138057124_thumb.jpg

Edited by toxictoaster_737

No im trying to add another xp to my ini

if you boot from the xp cd it should offer you the choice to install a new install then you pick the partition or hdd that you wish to put it

this would set up xp's own boot manager to set up the ini

Right click on the My computer, go to Advanced tab, then select startup and recovery. Then it will give you option to manually edit your boot.ini and create

multi(0)disk(3)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

i think thats what you need, add that line in and change whatever else you need, say xp title and all.

Assuming it's going onto g:\

multi(0)disk(3)rdisk(0)partition(PARTITION NUMBER)\WINDOWS="WHAT APPEARS ON THE OS CHOOSING SCREEN" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(3)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="XP" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

edit: bah beat to it.