[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

http://kotaku.com/gaming/update/xbox-360-o...date-315864.php

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=596771

Still had lag troubles earlier when I tried it :( Not sure if that was because of the host's connection though..

Yeah, I was posting in here since it was the official stickied topic :)

I'm not having much lag trouble, even on my crappy connection at my dorm. Runs nearly perfect now.

Yeah, I was posting in here since it was the official stickied topic :)

I'm not having much lag trouble, even on my crappy connection at my dorm. Runs nearly perfect now.

Yeah not having a dig at you or anything. Just posting links to where there is more discussion and official news what was included in the update :p

Perhaps it's possible I was still playing someone who is unpatched? I'll give it a try later. Such a shame the game suffered from these problems though, it's almost like another Shadowrun :p Game is almost the same idea and both have troubles playing online.

http://forums.xbox.com/16420524/ShowPost.aspx

There is some information coming out via a pamphlet that comes with a Guitar Hero 3 keychain, that the rumored Family Timer, which lets parents limit how much time their children can spend playing their Xbox 360, will be available in December 2007. Now, considering most major Xbox updates are done in either the Fall or Spring update, this feature would probably be a part of the Fall update. This could be an indication that the Fall update will hit in December. Fall does carry into December, after all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98939480@N00/1796964557/

Why pick out my post :s I'm not the only one disappointed. Plus, it's a whole month extra on top of the past months already waiting (N)

I didn't really single out your post. You just made it sound like it's another 6 month wait.

I didn't really single out your post. You just made it sound like it's another 6 month wait.

Well technically we've had an 8 month wait :p So yeah it is a long time. I think MSFT should maybe step up a gear and release more than just two updates per year. Maybe not as often as Sony and their updates, but more regular at least.

Well technically we've had an 8 month wait :p So yeah it is a long time. I think MSFT should maybe step up a gear and release more than just two updates per year. Maybe not as often as Sony and their updates, but more regular at least.

I'm not sure, I like having all the new features crammed into two big downloads. It's like Chritmas and your birthday :p

I'm not sure, I like having all the new features crammed into two big downloads. It's like Chritmas and your birthday :p

Well who says they would need to cut down on features released in each update. Just crack the whip and get those MSFT chimps working double time :laugh:

In Game Content: Guitar Hero III

Content: Velvet Revolver Pack

Price: 500 Microsoft Points

Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "She Builds Quick Machines" Off of the "Libertad Allbum", "Slither" Off of the "Contraband Allbum", & "Messages" Off of the "Libertad (deluxe version)". As performed by Velvet Revolver. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Foo Fighters Pack

Price: 500 Microsoft Points

Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "The Pretender" Off of the "Echoes Silence Patience & Grace", "All My life" Off of the "One by One", & "This Is A Call" Off of the "Foo Fighters (self titled)" as performed by Foo Fighters. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Note: there are also two free trailers now available that preview this content.

Source: MN

Not sure I want to pay that much for a few extra songs. Will have to think about this one.

^ Just maintenance. They're saying it's not Fall Update related, but I think it is some sort of preparation for it. Either that or just adding more server capacity/upgrades to current servers to handle the growth of Xbox Live since Halo 3 launched.

Dashboard update revealed - December 4th is the release date.

The Fall Xbox 360 dashboard update has been revealed to our colleagues at OXM from Microsoft and it's looking very good indeed with gaming classics and films on demand.

December 4 is the date you'll need to watch out for; that's the day you'll be able to download and play Halo. Yes, Halo as in the Xbox game, through Marketplace, on your Xbox 360.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175527

Unfortunately, all I can say is that I'm a little disappointed. I don't particularly care for renting films at inflated prices or buying games I either already own or could buy a hard copy for cheaper.

I just hope there's more to this update than the article reveals :(

Oh, well in that case....

The Fall Xbox 360 dashboard update has been revealed to our colleagues at OXM from Microsoft and it's looking very good indeed with gaming classics and films on demand.

December 4 is the date you'll need to watch out for; that's the day you'll be able to download and play Halo. Yes, Halo as in the Xbox game, through Marketplace, on your Xbox 360.

Microsoft is introducing games it has published for the original Xbox on XBL Marketplace, with the eventual plan to bring as much of the back catalogue across as possible.

Games cost about 1200 Microsoft points (about ten quid), which according to us puts them a little over what you'd pay for them second hand.

Advertisement:

The initial list of downloads includes Halo, Fable, Fahrenheit, Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex and Burnout 3. All good then, apart from maybe Crash.

And if that wasn't enough, films on demand, though not confirmed for the December 4 date, aren't far away. Studios such as Warner Bros are potentially lined up for the service, so we can look forward to films such as The Dark Knight, The Assassination of Jesse James and I Am Legend appearing eventually.

Films will cost less than a fiver and come in 720p resolution. You have 14 days to start watching a film once it has downloaded. Once you started watching a film, you have 24 hours to finish it. After that, the film deletes itself from your hard drive. It's basically an online rental service then, like the US Video Marketplace.

What do these new additions mean for the future of Xbox Live Arcade? Does the PS3's PSOne download service now look horribly dated? It's going to be an exciting 2008 in the download space, for sure.

this is what i found out about it

Today saw the release of the first content update for Microsoft Game Studios? Project Gotham Racing 4. It?s free and offers four new tournaments to compete in: Daily Tournaments, Super Saturday, Simulation Sundays, and the Global Cup. Each is said to be unique and you?ll find much more info on the new modes over on BizarreCreations.com

The update was also set to include a new Cat & Mouse mode, but this will now be released in the next few weeks. The team at Bizarre has listened to the PGR community and has created an all-new Cat & Mouse mode which will be in addition to the current mode.

The biggest change is that players are no longer restricted to circuits, now able to roam freely around cities. You find full info over on BizarreCreations.com

Source: http://www.videogamer.com