JVC MX-GC5 stereo system

Alritey im bored so heres my first review on neowin. Here goes!

OK so I bought this yesterday at Dick Smith Electronics (you Aussies probably know what I mean) for AU$497. I wanted so know what a real serious system they had was and the guy was like yeah this one is pretty intense. And he certainly wasn't kidding! The box was huge and I was like wow but yeah when i opened it up I realised why it had to be so big.

Anyways to the point...setting it up was pretty easy...more or less like your standard stereo system no worries there. At first I plugged it into my computer through it's AUX plug which I find pretty cool. It also has a USB port which I have yet to try. Anyways I turn it on, start playing some music and damn this guy wasnt kidding. The bass is really incredible with high quality mid-range and tweeters. I personally found the bass too much but the subwoofers can be adjusted if its too much to handle.

SO I wanted to see how loud this thing actually goes...I started turning it up to about 15...by then everything on my wall was shaking, my windows rattled and even downstairs rattled. The air blasting out the top is rather refreshing too :p I was like wow this is pretty damn loud until i found out it goes up to 32! And there is no loss of sound quality as it gets louder. I watched a couple of movies too and it is just great! Can also be connected to iPods etc which is aslo handy as I bought this to replace my old speakers. The remote has just about everything a normal remote has which is alright. Anyways thats all I can think of for now as its getting late. I personally think this was well worth the money and I highly recommend. Questions or comments are welcome!

Details:

? 3-CD changer with disc exchange

? 32-track programming, repeat and random play

? plays CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and MP3 CDs

? 15 AM/30 FM tuner presets

? 3 Live Surround modes (Dance Club, Hall, Stadium)

? 3 EQ presets (Rock, Pop, Classic)

? 3-step subwoofer level control

? USB input

? front-panel (stereo mini) aux input

? remote control

? 3-way, ported speakers with 6-5/16" subwoofers, 4-3/4" main woofers, and 2" cone tweeters

? 460 watts total power (160 watts x 2 for subs, 70 watts x 2 for woofers/tweeters)

? component block: 10-11/16"W x 12-1/16"H x 19-1/4"D

? speakers: 9-1/16"W x 17-7/8"H x 12-7/16"D

? warranty: 1 year

Edit: Ahhh ok i've done something wrong with the pics. Sorry but I'm TEH BIG NOOB LOLZ.:blush:o I do? :blush: Anyways in the meantime have a website....Clicky clicky

Edited by shorn