[release] Windows Server 2003 - XP Conversion Pack

Well, I'm working on Vista Transformation Pack also :p

Good to see you guys like it. Now I can prove it's really OS made for workstation also.

well seeing how server is based on xp....and vista/pro x64 on Server...that alone should prove server can make a good desktop.

Sure its over kill...but a desktop none the less.

I tried running Server 2003 as workstation only to find that it crashes so freakin much.

Surprisingly XP works fine.

I have no idea why DEP kicks in on 1/2 of the apps I run.

I've been running it on my laptop for alittle over a year and found it to be very stable. I even put Office 2007 Beta 1 TR on it..I teach it, so its nice to have it to show the class.

R2 is just an add on package of tools, its not a differnt OS as all, as far as i can tell it just adds tools.

Hi

Has anybody actually been able to download this program, cos all it does while downloading is take me to West Byte Internet Download Accelerator page, have been trying from the past 3 days no luck, dude provie mirrors or a rapid share link, no good if ppl cannot use it...

Hi

Has anybody actually been able to download this program, cos all it does while downloading is take me to West Byte Internet Download Accelerator page, have been trying from the past 3 days no luck, dude provie mirrors or a rapid share link, no good if ppl cannot use it...

Downloaded - 20:00 +10 GMT 23rd March 2006.

One question WindowsX? Would this work with VLK Edition of Win 2k SP1?

A quick check on the windows site for some support showed it as RC2 via the PID check.

A quick check on the windows site for some support showed it as RC2 via the PID check.

Still not able to download, please any kind hearted guy can mirror it or upload to rapid share

Thank you

It's highly recommended to get SP1 RTM build 1830 for proper conversion (Beta or RC might not satisfies you after conversion) and it needs to be retail not corp for OS Identifier conversion (Make it real XP) or use cr...cough...cough winlogon.exe to fix logon bug.

I tested download link. It works fine. btw, I wish I could be Gates so I can encourage everybody getting the new XP easier.

Hi WindowsX!

Very nice work! I have experimented with your conversion pack with Windows 2003 Corp SP1 on VMWare 5.5. It would be nice to have all the benefits of the new kernel and other stuff, like IIS 6.0. But I would also like to be able to use Fast User Switching, aswel as using Remote Desktop. In the past I managed to get this working on XP ( :cool: I was the first one to do this: Activate Concurrent Sessions on XP SP2)

I was wondering if this was possible with this conversion pack too. So I tried it. I couldn't do the OS Identifier, because I have corp. version of windows. But I don't want to do the OS Id switch anyway, because I would then have to patch winlogon and termsrv, like on XP. If I don't choose OS id switch, your conversion tool still asks me if I want to use XP shell-functions like FUS. But it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong or is it only meant to be working if the OS id is switched to XP??

This is what I've tried after running your tool (without OS id switch):

- gpedit.msc

Local Computer Policy / Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / Logon

Don't display the Getting Started welcome screen at logon -> Disabled

Always use classic logon -> Disabled

- secpol.msc

Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options

Interactive Logon: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL -> Enabled

- nusrmgr.cpl

Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer -> Uncheck

- regedit.exe

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server

TSUserEnabled -> 1

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

AllowMultipleTSSessions -> 1 (Value was already 1)

Cya! Heathcliff.

If you really need real Windows XP, you have to apply OS Identifier to get XP shell services like logon, fast user switching, home networking wizard, some settings optimized for workstation, etc. If you apply this, you won't need to do most of these after conversion. If you're using corp but still want to do it, you have to modify winlogon.exe to by-pass WPA checking. btw, I wonder if stuffs in regedit exist in XP.

server 2k3 + XP conversion + tuneXP and other small tweaks + Windwos Blinds = ONE SWEET OS!!!!!!

How do you uninstall this, I tried doing this without the OS identifier being replaced but it screwed up anyway. I did it in safemode as well.

R2 just adds certain things to the OS, it doesnt replace it. SFU is included, distributed file system etc. If you are using 2003 as a Workstation you dont need the stuff.

BTW, what can we add from this pack without the OS identifier having to be replaced?

Can anyone tell me if ATI's Video Capture works when this conversion tool is ran? I tried to do it manually with MSFN's guide, and all worked A1, except for my ATI AIW x800XT's TV Tuner features. From what I read by googling, MS and ATI recognized the issue with Win2K3 but neither plan on doing anything to solve it. So can anyone confirm if this conversion tool actually does something that could (unknowingly, maybe) solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

R2 just adds certain things to the OS, it doesnt replace it. SFU is included, distributed file system etc. If you are using 2003 as a Workstation you dont need the stuff.

BTW, what can we add from this pack without the OS identifier having to be replaced?

Like the first page, everything except shell services and stuffs only XP has. Otherwise, you'll get good workstation OS.

Can anyone tell me if ATI's Video Capture works when this conversion tool is ran? I tried to do it manually with MSFN's guide, and all worked A1, except for my ATI AIW x800XT's TV Tuner features. From what I read by googling, MS and ATI recognized the issue with Win2K3 but neither plan on doing anything to solve it. So can anyone confirm if this conversion tool actually does something that could (unknowingly, maybe) solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this can solve but if you convert it to real XP. It might work out somehow and you can try XP compatibility mode on installer or try manually install driver.

Well, video capture works great, so I guess the reason why it doesn't work on 2K3 stock is related to what's modified by the program.

However, I noticed something I didn't quite like: I cannot switch back to classic login, the welcome screen won't go away through normal means. I googled a bit to find solutions, but none work. Any idea what that might be?

Nice work!, i patched Windows 2003 Server R2 with it, worked perfect, it feels smothly than xp maybe cuz is a fresh install,nice work again!