Aero Glass Express and Aero Glass

Hi friends, put here all information about AERO GLASS EXPRESS and more...

Aero glass and Aero Glass Express! screenshots, and more!

How activate?

What is the diference?

I don't know why they are using that amazingly ugly grey color for the Aero Express windows. Black like the taskbar would actually look pretty slick. Even the caption buttons are ugly. Why didn't they use the same ones ass Aero glass, just without the transparency?

Weird, in my instalation of Vista (5308) I have the same buttons (close, minimize...) for the both themes, with and without the transparency :o

I don't know why they are using that amazingly ugly grey color for the Aero Express windows. Black like the taskbar would actually look pretty slick. Even the caption buttons are ugly. Why didn't they use the same ones ass Aero glass, just without the transparency?

While most of the UI bits are in place, I would bet coloring and such are yet to be finalized. Look at the coloring changes in the WLM 8 beta and in the Office 2007 beta.

used on systems that support it in Home Premium or higher

glass:

vista_5308_237.jpg

used on systems that dont support glass

aero express:

5308_tablet_01.jpg

Eeyuck...old shot. New express theme in 5342 :)

While most of the UI bits are in place, I would bet coloring and such are yet to be finalized. Look at the coloring changes in the WLM 8 beta and in the Office 2007 beta.

That's true and I'm sure that's the case. Another thing though is why don't they just use a simulated glass similar to windowblinds 5 for those that can't run full glass. My PC is ancient but can run WB5 with glass no problem.

I guess Aero Express its the same Aero Glass without transperency like www.winsupersite.com screenshots of Vista Home Edition.

I don't think that Vista scrap metal they will denominate Aero Express. so i guess...

Examplepost-114481-1143689511_thumb.jpg

Thats an interesting thouht but the fact is the colors haven't changed in the last few builds.

I guess Aero Express its the same Aero Glass without transperency like www.winsupersite.com screenshots of Vista Home Edition.

I don't think that Vista scrap metal they will denominate Aero Express. so i guess...

Examplepost-114481-1143689511_thumb.jpg

That is not Aero Express that is Aero Basic. If you have a DX9 video card that will run Glass but have

Home Basic that doesn't support Glass, Aero Basic is what you get.

Blah. See what I meant when I said I was very disappointed Glass couldn't run on my laptop.

I truly hope MS makes a better theme for those without Glass-capable cards. The current Aero theme that has glass isn't too bad; it needs refining and cleaning up and maybe a few minor changes here and there, but it truly has potential (yes, it has grew on me!), but the Scrap Metal theme is truly horrible. Even Classic looks better than this.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Microsoft keeps Aero as the final theme (I know it's been official-ized, but you never know what they could have up their sleeves, and no that's not a hint because I recently joined the beta team; I haven't even found out how to file a bug, I'm still new to all this) but I also wouldn't be too surprised if MS replaced this Scrap Metal with something better because even Paul Thurrot opposes it.

That's disgusting:

5308tablet014hl.jpg

Yeah, try looking at the sky or somthing, or maybe go out some more? They are buttons for christ sake.

because even T3h Paul Thurrot opposes it!!!!111one

OMG Teh 1337 P4u1 T|-|urr07?!?! zOMG

I read some crap, I really do. :rofl:

People need to stop acting like what he says matters. People act like he's a Microsoft God :rolleyes:

Hahahaha that's my point. :shiftyninja: Microsoft KNOWS his reaction helps market their products, and he's handed more credibility. I don't like it as much as you do, but he does have an effect...

That's true and I'm sure that's the case. Another thing though is why don't they just use a simulated glass similar to windowblinds 5 for those that can't run full glass. My PC is ancient but can run WB5 with glass no problem.

Because that isn't "glass" - that's just transparency. And transparent windows are extremely distracting. It makes titlebar text hard to read and just generally gets annoying.

The "glass" in Vista is designed to improve useability, not just look pretty.

Yeah, try looking at the sky or somthing, or maybe go out some more? They are buttons for christ sake.

Yeah, try wiping your mouth with my ass...I think it's about that time again. What? I can't make a comment on the appearance of the current Aero Express caption buttons? As a professional designer, I just didn't expect weird looking buttons where there should have been consistency throughout the entire UI regardless of the version.

Edited by aladdin610

Yeah, try wiping your mouth with my ass...I think it's about that time again. What? I can't make a comment on the appearance of the current Aero Express caption buttons? As a professional designer, I just didn't expect weird looking buttons where there should have been consistency throughout the entire UI regardless of the version.

Anyone can be a professional designer these days. All they need is PS. And what's weird about them?

You can see them, they do their job, they are not so 'ugly' as you so put it.

Consitency? I never noticed that it was different for every window you opend.

And as for your first comment. LOL. - No, it wasnt funny, the fact that your 'joke' was pathetic is.

The "glass" in Vista is designed to improve useability, not just look pretty.

Hmm, I can't really see how usability is improved by having something blurred you can't make out behind the titlebar. :huh: It mostly seems to be a gimmick to offer something "fresh" with the top Vista editions to me, further emphasized by not including this theme in the more reduced versions. Why would MS want to make Vista Home Basic less usable?

Obviously, this is a point of view thing though, not a fact.

He said consistency regardless version of theme, so I assume he meant cross-theme consistency, as in the look & feel of Aero Glass. That is, that Aero Express should look more like this "Aero Basic" of Vista Home, not consistency within the same theme. You don't really expect him to have seen all windows different, do you?

As for that opinion, I have to agree, and don't understand why Aero Express have to look anything different than Aero Glass with glass effects turned off and without highlighting effects. Why not?

Edited by Jugalator

Aero express looks nice, needs some polish though.

The title bar etc are some gradient, that should be removed, instead just a single metal like color will be better. Big close minimize buttons, & smooth edges (PNG based) will be a nice thing to add, I guess this will run fine on a DX 8.1 or even DX 7/onboard graphics

Aero Express looks rubbish compared to Luna\Royale I would rather use that than a poor man's Glass. It would be better if Microsoft made poor man's Glass more like Glass.

Anyone can be a professional designer these days. All they need is PS. And what's weird about them?

It's different when you're a professional designer. Your job depends on how skillful you are by putting to use the years and years of learning to polish your designs, honing your designing judgments, trials & errors, advices given...overall professional experience is one thing. The way a professional designer thinks is different. Messing around with PS to make cool stuff is another thing.

I never said they didn't do their job. I commented on their appareance and not their function.

I did not say they were "ugly," I said they were "disgusting"...a much stronger word. I used that word in comparison to the Aero Glass caption buttons. The Aero Glass buttons are very slick and the Aero Glass Express buttons are a visual step back...they aren't as aesthetically pleasing...higher standards for the new OS.

Jugalator got it. I meant consitency throughout all of the operating system versions. Why couldn't Aero Glass Express look exactly the same as Aero Glass just without the neat effects?

And as for your first comment. LOL. - No, it wasnt funny, the fact that your 'joke' was pathetic is.

At least I made you type "LOL"

Obviously, this is a point of view thing though, not a fact.

Correct. I never said "This is a fact." It's why I asked "I can't make a comment on the appearance of the current Aero Express caption buttons?"