Aero Glass Express and Aero Glass

People need to stop acting like what he says matters. People act like he's a Microsoft God :rolleyes:

ya i know, and most of the time, people get mad at him for expresing what he thinks a bit to munch, to make it sound like its true.

I never said they didn't do their job. I commented on their appareance and not their function.

I did not say they were "ugly," I said they were "disgusting"...a much stronger word. I used that word in comparison to the Aero Glass caption buttons. The Aero Glass buttons are very slick and the Aero Glass Express buttons are a visual step back...they aren't as aesthetically pleasing...

Yes, this is why I say are you really this botherd?

Have you not noticed, the whole entire Aero Express skin is no where near as pleasing as Aero Glass?

So what difference do a few buttons make?

used on systems that support it in Home Premium or higher

glass:

http://winsupersite.com/images/showcase/vista_5308_237.jpg

used on systems that dont support glass

aero express:

http://winsupersite.com/images/showcase/5308_tablet_01.jpg

Sigh you people dont read anymore. Its terrible.

Aero Glass=DX9=Vector based (comming beta 2)

Aero Express=DX8=pngs (all we have had in every build, we have never got Aero glass, only express. We have only had Express since beta 1) So this means if anyone tells you that a public ctp or public build thus far has Aero Glass they are lying to you. Period. Aero Glass is not even present in the winmain lab.

post-24166-1143962642_thumb.jpg

post-24166-1143962634_thumb.jpg

Slides from winhec 2005. believe me now folks?

So what is the grey stuff then? Well I'm really not sure what the official name for it is but its basicly classic with theme service turned on. Wait classic was the windows 2000 look right? Yeah well the windows 2000 look is called classic but with that the theme service is turned off not on. When its on you can achive the grey theme. Microsoft usually uses the word classic to also mean legacy and thus when vista shows up the grey theme is using the legacy theme service and not the DWM/DUCE theme engine thus why I think its officialy known as classic, I may be wrong on this thought tho and someone else will of course come correct me.

More Aero Glass below :)

slide0156image0223cr.png

So what is the difference between glass and express you ask? Well the difference is hard to see visualy in screencaps. Its more of what your experiencing in the way it works. Also its not going to look exactly like Express. Aero Glass is locked away in the UX labs and they have a few suprises in store for it to make it a real treat for dx9 users over what express is giving us. Basicly Express has hit as far as it will go and you wont get a better look when using Express come rtm.

Edited by Nexus-

Umm I've see transparency since 5308, isn't that glass? I'm confused about what you said above on how glass isn't in it yet when it seems it is.. lol

Nexus -

If that is true, my video card must really suck. =/ I get the "scrap metal" look, which must actually be classic, according to you...

I thought M/S said the look was final? But you said they have a real treat coming up... so you must know something.

C'mon, man, spill... :-P