Suggestion/help needed

Question

Suggestion

Ok so I have this design for a page. It's about a student and his profile. Things he wish to express, things about him, and plus a lot of photos that he wants to put on. This page is going to be published in a school yearbook, so basically it's like a page for each graduating student. And here is one.

For the design, I wanted to try simple vector shapes. Just to make the page look clean and simple, but in a cool and stylish way.

So please, if you could just view the page and leave your suggestions here. Comment on the color combination, the overall layout, and anything you would like to add. I still have no idea what to put on the center as well as the upper right corner. I would very much appreciate it if you could help me out with this, thank you.

profile%20copy%20(Medium).jpg

7 answers to this question

I like the idea of the layout but I don't see it working. For example, there's a big gap in the middle of the page that I feel could be better used with information or more pictures in that space. It seems that your content is magnetizing to the edges and moving outwards and thus tends to confuse the eye as it has to move around in an 'unnatural' way to read the content. You may want to reconsider your layout. However, I do like the flow of the black side rectangle into the black/dark-tinted picture, very nice effect. I also like the two line (bottom and left) border that intersect at the corner with some margin space, very nice effect. I do not like the color, hwoever, the black and grey is fine, but I don't like the dark red-orange hue on the bottom right box, consider using a shade of blue or green in stead.

Well done. I agree about the white space that there should be something there. I wish you the best of luck on this. However, there is something that could be a deterant to making this. It appears that this will cause most users to scroll to see the rest of the content. Why not move some of the content and images up and into the white space. Just an idea. Good luck in making this.

Im thinking that its should all be on black, like underneath everything, and also, do something to the little gray area up in the top, the font as well as the picture look strange, otherwise, really good.

i like how u made the bg of the 2nd one which sorta helped to close the gap however i dont like the colors some how it looks dead (to me atleast) however the first looks more live

thanks guys, those comments and even the picture were of great help. Here is what I did to it, I really liked the idea of having pictures at the background tho, but since I found several more photos, I just added them in. This is getting to the final step now, just let me know what more I can improve, thanks again.