Official NHL 2005-2006 Playoff Thread

Yup, a well played game by Buffalo too. They deserved it. Ottawa just didn't play with any urgency. They really let their fans down too. Alfredsson was a complete pylon on that OT shorthanded goal. Chara is good but overrated for what he really is.

Congrats to Buffalo and Anaheim for moving on to the Conference Finals. OMG i cant belive there are still another 2 rounds of hockey!!!

Like I said, Buffalo is going to win the Cup. They just haven't been noticed all year. I really love how I've been beating the hockey experts.

It looks like OLN made a big mistake. They are not showing the canes/devils game 5. They are showing canes/wings finals game from a couple of seasons ago. dumbasses

edit: they finally announced due local blackout, they won't show the game. oh well, there's always xm.

Edited by Steffan

TSN has it in Canada. Cory Stillman is writhing on the ice, at the moment.

Edit: He's skating off with help.

NJ has to pick it up or it's bye-bye time.

Yeah to bad for New Jersey, I have been rooting for Carolina through this series although i don't think they will beat Buffalo. I don't think anyone will this post season to be honest.

Ya, i don't get it. I miss the old days where games teams played every 2nd day. Now some teams play consecutive playoff games, then get 2 days off... boooooooooring. Lets get the Edm-SJ series over with so those Ducks still have their legs. Buffalo-Carolina is going to be an incredible series

Yeah im looking forward to the Buffalo Carolina series as well, i think Buffalo will take that in 6. In the west i would love to see a battle of California series. :D

I am loving this Edmonton series! Now that Ottawa and Colorado are gone, the only team I care about is really the Oilers...

Can't wait until Saturday.

I had been saying all along that I thought that the Eastern Conference Final would be a better series this year than the Stanley Cup Final because of how weak the west has been, but Anaheim has made me wonder recently. Still, Carolina and Buffalo should be one of the best series in this year's playoffs. Until then, Edmonton and San Jose are quite a series as well. I must admit, I didn't think Edmonton would be able to put up much of a fight against San Jose but I'm glad they are for their fans.

I don't think the Cup Finals will be a bad series. Out of Edmonton/SJ, Anaheim, Carolina and Buffalo, you have 4 hard working, extremely talented, fast skating teams.

Edmonton has a good system, they shut down the fastest and best players with ease. They play a good team game.

Anaheim, another group effort. Fast skating, exteremly well passing, offensively potent team with hot goaltending and arguably the best defensive tandem in the playoffs (Niedermayer and Beachemin)

Buffalo. This team is such a pleasure to watch. They're like Anaheim in that they can pass and skate really well, they just lack some size. They have an incredible goalie who's only going to get better and have the most heart out of any team in the playoffs.

Carolina is a stacked team, hot goalie, they play the speed game and defensive game really well. Watch out cause once these guys get rolling, theres nothing stopping them! Unfortunately once they sit back, they have a hard time digging themselves out, although they have shown last minute heroics (how about that 3-2 win against NJ in OT where they scored with 3 secs left to tie it up!).

This is what makes the NHL playoffs so great. Teams must win 4 series to win the cup, 16 games in the most gruling and demanding competition!!! That doesnt include the overtimes, double overtimes and triple overtimes!!

Oh, I by no means think the cup finals will be a bad series. It never has been and never will be. I just think that unless Anaheim keeps up the pace like they are now, the Carolina vs Buffalo series will be much better than any East vs West series could have been. I think pretty much Carolina, Montreal, Buffalo, Ottawa, and New Jersey would all be able to beat just about any West team.

Buffalo has been a solid team all year, Carolina was the best team in the NHL, bar none, for half the season, then slacked off after the olympic break for who knows what reason. The President's trophy should have easily been theirs, but they blew that. Luckily they are back to their original style of play and strong as ever, and not a second too late. Anaheim has been a good team all year, but has really been even more impressive in the playoffs. Edmonton has been a surprise to me, and San Jose was never what I would have considered a cup contender either.

Of course, in the end, it will all work itself out and we'll have a great Cup series. I'm just very impatient right now. Thank goodness hockey is on tonight so I can at least have some to watch.

Carolina had some serious problems with the team after Cole's unfortunate injury. I remember watching them on Center Ice pre-Olympic break and telling myself that these guys are the best hockey team I have seen in a few years.

Unfortunately Cole was a big part of that success, as was Gerbers play. I always knew Gerber was streaky. With Cole out and Gerber playing average hockey near the last months, Carolina settled into a groove of mediocrity. Seems with Ward proving himself and the team finding its groove back, they're pretty dominant.

But as for Buffalo, I'll never count out a team that always gives it 110%, even in some meaningless regular season games. These guys are a great, hard working team. Unfortunately for them, Connoly and Kalinin might miss the rest of the playoffs with injuries.

Edmonton has won the game. WOW what a game, thank god there still is a canadian team still in these playoffs :D 2 - 0 The sharks put up a good fight and in the end they all got their asses kicked. Good going guys you deserved it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ya, i don't get it. I miss the old days where games teams played every 2nd day. Now some teams play consecutive playoff games, then get 2 days off... boooooooooring. Lets get the Edm-SJ series over with so those Ducks still have their legs. Buffalo-Carolina is going to be an incredible series

Once upon a time hockey used to be the only draw for an arena. Now they can book Disney on Ice and make a pile of change. Plus modern areas are more adaptable for concerts and other non-ice events.

I know... but I dont like it.

Anyways, heres the round 3 breakdown:

Buffalo vs Carolina

Edmonton vs Anaheim

I seriously don't know what to expect!!! This is going to be great hockey :)

Once upon a time hockey used to be the only draw for an arena. Now they can book Disney on Ice and make a pile of change. Plus modern areas are more adaptable for concerts and other non-ice events.

Indeed, the RBC Center (where the Hurricanes play) is also used for a local university's basketball games along with many other events such as concerts. I actually know someone who works on the changeover crew, swapping it from ice to whatever and back.

And congrats Edmonton! Edmonton is actually going to end up being a tough team to beat, even if they aren't as good on paper, just because of emotion right now. It's going to be hard to slow them down.

We're all set now! ONTO THE CONFERENCE FINALS! :D

And congrats Edmonton! Edmonton is actually going to end up being a tough team to beat, even if they aren't as good on paper, just because of emotion right now. It's going to be hard to slow them down.

You'll need to beat Buffalo first.. Don't get ahead of yourself now. :p