Official NHL 2005-2006 Playoff Thread

it's still a series. yeah, the oilers were down 0-2, but it doesn't start until the other team gets a home game.

i didn't get to watch the game though :( parents were in town. so, i don't know how the game went, but carolina needs to create havok for jossi.

Who cares they win! Back to Carolina for Game 5 and the series ender! At least I hope so. Would be so nice to be at the game Carolina wins the Cup!!!!!!

That was intense, as usual. After watching nearly every World Cup game in the last 2 days, I got desensitized to hockey. I remembered why I love this game so much after watching 8 soccer games in 2 days. Excellent game from begining to end.

I loved how all the newspapers here were celebrating the Oiler victory, and hailing it as a turnaround point so that the Oilers would win; naming heroes. I knew the 'Canes would win Game 4, and crushed everyone's spirits. I wish that less penalties were called, though. Makes for a boring game, as the last half of the first proved to be.

Man, it is absolutely POURING here. We've had like 5-7 inches of rain so far this morning from the reminants of Alberto, and we're just now getting the hardest of the rain right now. Hopefully this will get out of here sooner rather than later. The Weather Channel says 6pm but locally they are saying around 3 or 4pm. We planned to be out there tailgating at 5pm (game at 8pm) so it better not still be raining!

I can't wait for tonights game. Row 2 tickets and a chance to finish it up. If we win it'll be a once in a lifetime opportunity to be that close to the cup as it's skated around :D

LET'S GO CANES!!!!

Wow turned that game on at the perfect time. My Mets just wrapped up their game so I tuned to channel 4 about five minutes before that goal. Edmonton deserved it based on the way I saw them play in that OT. And did Ward slash an Edmonton player after the game as he was leaving the ice?! I though I saw somehting but they didn't show any replays. Looked like an Edmonton player skated right by him and he brought up the stick but I'm not sure.

:crazy: Gah what a load of crap :p Carolina had a freakin power play and Ward was playing pretty well too, just a stupid pass across the ice like that... Soon as that guy got it and no one to help on defense I knew it was over. ah well props to the Oilers for being a tough team it will make it all that much better when we win on their home ice :shifty: :D :p

And did Ward slash an Edmonton player after the game as he was leaving the ice?! I though I saw somehting but they didn't show any replays. Looked like an Edmonton player skated right by him and he brought up the stick but I'm not sure.

I just watched the goal again on www.nhl.com, the recaps, and he did. Oiler skates past him, and looks like tried to him him with his stick. Missed the first goal, so had to go see the 16 second goal lol Awesome game

Pisani did get a great bounce, I mean it hit him in the chest and found his stick really quick. Great shot though.