Windows Vista build 5381 screenshots

There was a link floating around on Neowin a while back... I grabbed it and the picture is in it - it's a regular 4:3 image (1600x1200) that he's stretched for widescreen. Is sharing the picture even allowed? I won't post it just to be safe.

There was a link floating around on Neowin a while back... I grabbed it and the picture is in it - it's a regular 4:3 image (1600x1200) that he's stretched for widescreen. Is sharing the picture even allowed? I won't post it just to be safe.

I have the one in the picture, I just wondered if there were any new ones since the last build? And if they can be posted, then would some please do so? :p

I have the one in the picture, I just wondered if there were any new ones since the last build? And if they can be posted, then would some please do so? :p

I'd wait for Beta 2, as they'll probably have a few new ones in that.

MS did release an Unstaged build and quickly removed it then replaced it with the Staged build.

If you have a Unstaged version i'd recommend you to download the Staged one. Its the same build number btw. I haven't had any issues at all with this build, best so far :) Atleast on my end.

So that flower wallpaper, is only in Widescreen? they didnt make one for standard screens? like 1024 X 768 ?

1600X1200 is not for Widescreen. Widescreen is 1600X900. For Vista many of the Wallpapers are now 1600X1200.

Somone said the differentiation between windows problem has been 'fixed'. But im looking at thurrots latest screens, and I cant see any difference.

Could you explain what you mean?

look this!

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_5308_05.asp

go to: GLASS WINDOWS

and look the part: How about a screen with more windows? Go ahead, I dare you: Press DELETE. I'm sure you'll get the right window. (It's the one in the lower left, by the way.)

vista_5342_rev5_08.jpg

AND :)

in this build the problem is fixed!

You can tell which one is in front because the minimize/maximize/close buttons are colored.

You can tell which one is in front because the minimize/maximize/close buttons are colored.

Well the changes are pretty minimal between active and non-active windows. Other than the red close button there isn't an (obvious) difference.

1600X1200 is not for Widescreen. Widescreen is 1600X900. For Vista many of the Wallpapers are now 1600X1200.

oh ok, now i learned something about widescreen wallpapers. :blush:

BTW, whats 1600X1200 on monters? is that the 17" or 19" ?

SO the one I am downloading now is buggier than 5365?? Im am getting the one that created a folder named "Vista 5381 X86 & X64 Downloads"

Is this worth the 4834.3mb to download?

nice download speed belgium :D

is this build stable ?

Lucky man... Im downloading it at 213kb/s and have 6 hours left :cry:

IDK where my friend got vista, but i tried it out, and it was craPPPPPPPPP... ( 5381) i have xp pro with a transformation pack that looks MUCH better then this. OMG. and all this time ive been wanted THIS?. HAHA

IDK where my friend got vista, but i tried it out, and it was craPPPPPPPPP... ( 5381) i have xp pro with a transformation pack that looks MUCH better then this. OMG. and all this time ive been wanted THIS?. HAHA

Nothing nice to say? Go away!

Looks nice. Getting closer and close to the finish line :cool: .

PSG22

BTW, whats 1600X1200 on monters? is that the 17" or 19" ?

My 19" CRT monitor has an "ergonomic" resolution of 1600x1200 pixels, although it is able to display a maximum of 1920x1440 pixels.

lol 2 newbies fighting, lol,

just kidding

Lol. This build is really nice. Something fun to play around with.