Windows Vista build 5381 screenshots

Interesting little discovery of mine, and perhaps is a sign of things to come for the boot screen...

If you go to msconfig's boot tab and check No GUI boot, you get the following:

post-11001-1147206758.jpg

what looks like a full coloured (but dimmed, had to blast up monitor's brightness to see it better) aurora background. Not to say this is a boot screen, but just the portion of it loading up system files after POST, then the monitor turns off where the "boot screen" would normally show and pop back on when Vista is done booting.

Well... He had a "basic" version of it i think. THe only reason i didn't like that much is because he had no aero on his. THE transparency is awsome.

Sounds like it might be a 15" wide screen....my 15" laptop wide screen runs 1680x1050. It's one of those

WSXGA+ screens with true bright

:alien:

oh ok, now i learned something about widescreen wallpapers. :blush:

BTW, whats 1600X1200 on monters? is that the 17" or 19" ?

Interesting little discovery of mine, and perhaps is a sign of things to come for the boot screen...

If you go to msconfig's boot tab and check No GUI boot, you get the following:

post-11001-1147206758.jpg

what looks like a full coloured (but dimmed, had to blast up monitor's brightness to see it better) aurora background. Not to say this is a boot screen, but just the portion of it loading up system files after POST, then the monitor turns off where the "boot screen" would normally show and pop back on when Vista is done booting.

Similarly, when you hibernate on 5365 and/or 5381.1, and then resume, a slightly dimmer version of the same appears; with more of a "splotlight-ish" effect.

Here's to my crappy picture taking skills ;)

p10100218hd.th.jpg

You can tell which one is in front because the minimize/maximize/close buttons are colored.

Actually, if you look closely there is another way to tell windows are up-front is the dynamic shade effect shown in the glass (even on the taskbar) running down and to the right. Also the window up front has a larger border shadow.

While border shadows were not present in the screenshot of Paul, the shade effect in the background was still there.

edit: background windows appearantly have the shade effect while they have a more narrow shadow, making the window to appear closer to the desktop while the up front window has a much bigger shadow making it to appear that it is really "up front". Take a closer look, Paul.

Edited by Donovann

Actually, if you look closely there is another way to tell windows are up-front is the dynamic shade effect shown in the glass (even on the taskbar) running down and to the right. Also the window up front has a larger border shadow.

While border shadows were not present in the screenshot of Paul, the shade effect in the background was still there.

edit: background windows appearantly have the shade effect while they have a more narrow shadow, making the window to appear closer to the desktop while the up front window has a much bigger shadow making it to appear that it is really "up front". Take a closer look, Paul.

It's definitely not what you would call obvious, so Paul's statements are still valid. When you have 5 windows open, the shadow overlaps with the contents of other windows, and you will have a hard time knowing which window has less shade and which has more shade. It's absurd to have to inspect each window individually to know which one is the foreground window.

Active windows are more opaque than in-active windws, but the difference is not enough for one to be able to quickly distinguish it. Microsoft could make the difference more obvious if there was a difference in colour in the titlebar.

Can someone post 5381 walls or a link to the walls?

No, Microsoft has specifically said that you are not allowed to copy things from connect/newsgroups/Vista/etc. to the public. Get caught and you're kicked out.

So this means beta testers should NOT copy any newsgroup posts from Microsoft, no wallpapers, no binaries and certainly no CD images themselves.

• 1 month later...

No, Microsoft has specifically said that you are not allowed to copy things from connect/newsgroups/Vista/etc. to the public. Get caught and you're kicked out.

So this means beta testers should NOT copy any newsgroup posts from Microsoft, no wallpapers, no binaries and certainly no CD images themselves.

i have seen a few sites that have Vista wallpapers from the curent bulids.

don't have a link though, but i've seen them