FiFa or NFL?

I was wondering who made more money, the NFL or FIFA World Cup Soccer? If I had to guess I would say the NFL since they are a billion dollar company but I don't have any facts on it. Does anyone know?

The World Cup is a big money maker.

I know its huge but I am looking for some real set numbers. Like what the NFL makes a year compared to what FiFa makes a year.

I know its huge but I am looking for some real set numbers. Like what the NFL makes a year compared to what FiFa makes a year.

I'd say a better question would be how much does NFL make compared to UEFA or Concaf or something like that. Fifa is a world soccer organization while the NFL is only north america.

Stevan has a point. You cannot compare the NFL to FIFA at all simply because they differ in what they do. FIFA is the governing body of all soccer leagues and tournaments across the globe while the NFL is just a league of teams playing football in the US. Nonetheless, unless you get specific enough with what you are looking for, you may not get an exact amount of money they make, though to be honest, FIFA, UEFA, CONCAF, etc. make more money than the NFL does per year.

Even though, I like NFL but my heart will always belong to FIFA World Cup thats one of the events which only happends after 4 years. In World Cup players play with passion for their countries not because they're getting payed millions but for the pride of the country.

Even though, I like NFL but my heart will always belong to FIFA World Cup thats one of the events which only happends after 4 years. In World Cup players play with passion for their countries not because they're getting payed millions but for the pride of the country.

I think you failed to read the thread :ninja:

Stevan has a point. You cannot compare the NFL to FIFA at all simply because they differ in what they do. FIFA is the governing body of all soccer leagues and tournaments across the globe while the NFL is just a league of teams playing football in the US. Nonetheless, unless you get specific enough with what you are looking for, you may not get an exact amount of money they make, though to be honest, FIFA, UEFA, CONCAF, etc. make more money than the NFL does per year.

Not trying to be rude but these are all opinions. I am looking for the revenue of NFL and the revenue of FIFA. Thats clothing and everything. I mean the salary of one player on an NFL team can pay for one whole soccer team. Thats why I am wondering.

I know what kind of stats you are after but I don't think you'll be able to get them. You can get FIFA's Financial Report from here (page 18 is the one you want) and I was suprised at how little it was, but like has been mentioned before, it doesnt account for everything you want to know. For example, all the merchandise that clubs sell isn't anything to do with FIFA. The FIFA report only deals with things such as travel costs or renting property for FIFA personnel and officials, not clubs etc.

FIFA is currently made up of 205 member associations with over 300,000 clubs and 240 million players from around the world. NFL has 32 teams.

That being said:

FIFA functions as a non-profit organization with an annual income over US $700 million. According to FIFA's 2003 financial report, event-related revenue generated 96% of the income for FIFA, with over US $30 million coming from TV broadcast rights and advertisements for the World Cup. Marketing rights accounted for approximately US $140 million and Hospitality events generated over US $50 million.

For the NFL, revenue totaled an estimated amount of nearly $2 billion or between $51 to $55 million per team between the 2001-2002 season.

So, by the looks of it, the NFL by far makes more $$$. But that's due to FIFA being non-profit.

FIFA is currently made up of 205 member associations with over 300,000 clubs and 240 million players from around the world. NFL has 32 teams.

That being said:

FIFA functions as a non-profit organization with an annual income over US $700 million. According to FIFA's 2003 financial report, event-related revenue generated 96% of the income for FIFA, with over US $30 million coming from TV broadcast rights and advertisements for the World Cup. Marketing rights accounted for approximately US $140 million and Hospitality events generated over US $50 million.

For the NFL, revenue totaled an estimated amount of nearly $2 billion or between $51 to $55 million per team between the 2001-2002 season.

So, by the looks of it, the NFL by far makes more $$$. But that's due to FIFA being non-profit.

Nice info, BOOG (Y)

Might want to add a source for the doubters.

FIFA and NFL, is like comparing oranges to apples. FIFA in simple terms is a governing body. NFL is a league. If you want to make a more adequete comparison, you might want to compare the NFL to the EPL (English Premier League), Bundesliga, Serie A etc... Those are leagues.

/\ yea thats the main objective of football..."show boating" :rolleyes:

Don't soccer players rip their shirts off and **** when they score a goal? Thats kinds like show boating isnt it?

Back on topic: My answer probably the NFL (compared to the soccer leagues...not FIFA, because they are too different). Don't have any numbers for ya though.

Not trying to be rude but these are all opinions. I am looking for the revenue of NFL and the revenue of FIFA. Thats clothing and everything. I mean the salary of one player on an NFL team can pay for one whole soccer team. Thats why I am wondering.

I think you should go study soccer for a while before making a statement like that. There isn't a single NFL player that makes enough to pay for a salary of a UEFA soccer club.

Elite soccer players make as much, or more than elite, top tier football (NFL) players.

Here is a list of the top NFL'ers:

Chad Pennington $19m

Brian Urlacher $15m

Peyton Manning $14m ($98m over 7yrs)

Michael Vick ($13m)

Antoine Winfield ($12.4m)

Source: http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Who_is_the_highes...ayer_in_the_NFL

Here are some of the top paid Soccer players:

David Beckham ($28m)

Ronaldo ($19m)

Zinedine Zidane ($16m)

Think I have an answer for you:

Note: This is the Premiership (most valuable soccer league) vs. the NFL. I didn't compare NFL vs. FIFA because thats kinda like comparing apples and hand grenades...

Premiership League Team Value Total: 10,401 ($mil) Source at Forbes.com

NFL Team Value Total: 26,207 ($mil) Source at Forbes.com

More information...

soccer's about the game, thats why its so popular all over the world. its not about looking good and show boating.

baseball, and (nfl) football, cost more to make a team(you need football(NFL) gear you will not run fast if you dont have it to practes with.

basketball, soccer all you need is a ball

this might be why soccer is more popular in other places and how old is soccer then football(nfl)

i dont know about hockey

/\ yea thats the main objective of football..."show boating" :rolleyes:

Don't soccer players rip their shirts off and **** when they score a goal? Thats kinds like show boating isnt it?

Back on topic: My answer probably the NFL (compared to the soccer leagues...not FIFA, because they are too different). Don't have any numbers for ya though.

Actually with the revised rule book this year, if a players shirt goes above their head (basically they're neck actually) they're immediately cautioned, and they are fined if anything is written on their shirt underneath. In fact many 'celebrations' are now frowned upon and you can be cautioned or fined. Lets compare that to say, T.O. or Chad Johnson.

you might want to check the revenue of the spanish soccer league (la liga espa?ola) since its the most important one of the moment, but as it has been said before, football (dont know why people name it soccer) its not going to be so much about money, players already get their moneys worth from sponsors

/\ Doesn't matter...The NFL is worth over double the Premier League. La Liga Espanola couldn't touch it either...

Actually with the revised rule book this year, if a players shirt goes above their head (basically they're neck actually) they're immediately cautioned, and they are fined if anything is written on their shirt underneath. In fact many 'celebrations' are now frowned upon and you can be cautioned or fined. Lets compare that to say, T.O. or Chad Johnson.

oh...so the celebrations of two or three players speak for the entire NFL? Typically they just spike the ball and run off the field. The reason why those players you named are famous for their celebrations is because they are the only ones that do crap like that regularly.

It seems to be turning into some kinda competition, whoever is worth the most must therefore be the best, most popular, more exciting etc etc... which isn't the case.

As for showboating, hell if I scored a goal in the Premiership or La Liga you'd never hear the end of it lol.