Get your @Live.com email address today!

Hey, is it possible if you get a really big company name for your @live.com, that maybe down the road, that company'll pay you a lot of $$ for the name you got?

Looks like it's been fixed. The change name page has been removed.

I can't get into it now, either.

Dammit. I was almost there, too!

Right, is it possible for me to migrate back to my old passport account?

For example, moving my profile and old contacts back from the new @live.com account to the @gmail.com passport?

lol, it's not like buying the domain a.com and selling it for 1million.

In asense it's an upscale new version of hotmail, I doubt anyone would fork over big dollas for a hotmail account. :|

Never know though, people are stupid.

NOTE: Has the page for registering been removed? If so im glad i got my 2 accounts lol. Hope they don't decide to remove all the new .@live.com names, they should just let us pass and consider it a "beta" leak and take advantage.

I wonder when live.de and the others will be active with the live.com interface. The live.de domain has the name i want but the classic hotmail view.

when you change your account to a @live.com account, the "first email address" you signed up with is automatically "deleted". (i.e. its automatically dissasociated with the passport account)

it wont let you delete it because it doesnt exist :p

(or it does, but its not associated with a pasport)

Ah makes sense.

only new @live.com registers who comes from United States can use Live mail interface and 2G space

I have registered @live.cn, but the mail space is just 25M, dammit~!

Update: It appears that Microsoft has fixed the exploit and the Email Change page is no longer available. If you have not gotten a new email address, you will have to wait until they are publically available. We will make sure to post that news when it happens.

Source: LiveSide.net

WHooo toook my NAME!? Give me back Ian! Also - any ideas when australian hotmail/live.com.au will use the WLM interface and 2gigs space? Also, anyone want SAA@live.com only I accidently registered it...

Hey, is it possible if you get a really big company name for your @live.com, that maybe down the road, that company'll pay you a lot of $$ for the name you got?

No Numbnuts, because they use their own domains and servers, not freebee address'

only new @live.com registers who comes from United States can use Live mail interface and 2G space

I have registered @live.cn, but the mail space is just 25M, dammit~!

@live.co.uk addresses can use the live mail interface too, if you were quick enough ;)

I registered BenC(at)live.com & Spook(at)live.com. For those who missed out on this, you'll have to wait till tuesday when publically released (June 20th).

Coming Soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com domains

On June 20th, two new domains will be available for customers signing up for a new Windows Live ID: @live.com and @windowslive.com. These new domains will be available when you sign up for a new account with Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Family Safety Settings, and www.live.com.

You don't have to sign up for a new account...

but if you do, you will be able to use the account to sign in to any MSN or Windows Live service. The new account won't contain your old mail and contacts, but we are working on a migration process that will allow you to transfer your current information to a new account.

Should I sign up for a new account?

If your current mail and contacts are more important to you than getting a new domain name, we recommend you stay with your account. Even if you do sign up for a new account you won't lose your info, but we know it's tought juggling two accounts.

If you are excited about the new domains names (we sure are!!) then definitely sign up and let your contacts know about your new address. This is a great opportunity to make get the account name you have always wanted (no more mailaccount283904938@msn.com).

Damn you Steven Parker! :angry:

If it wasn't published as news on Neowin perhaps this thing would have been available a little longer.

I hate Microsoft! Of course, they could've released the @live.com e-mail addresses ages ago but of course they want to see how long we can last, and we have some smart people who figured it out and here's Microsoft saying "Bravo" then taking down the change name page so we can wait longer and longer and see delays come by and they'll give excuses that aren't true probably "Oh we forgot to make a logo for the Window Live brand" "Oh we forgot to create a signup page for the @live.com e-mail address" "Oh we found a terrible bug thats called Micro****" "Oh you just hurt are feeling were gonna put you in Prison" Maybe one day there won't be a word "beta" for Microsoft or should I say Micro**** and we will all wait serveral years until we get what we want!

but if you do, you will be able to use the account to sign in to any MSN or Windows Live service. The new account won't contain your old mail and contacts, but we are working on a migration process that will allow you to transfer your current information to a new account.

Quite good ~~~

Anyone have any live invites? I got my name under Live.De but not Live.Com :(... If anyone has a Live invite can you please send it to Jordan@Live.de? :)

I hate Microsoft! Of course, they could've released the @live.com e-mail addresses ages ago but of course they want to see how long we can last, and we have some smart people who figured it out and here's Microsoft saying "Bravo" then taking down the change name page so we can wait longer and longer and see delays come by and they'll give excuses that aren't true probably "Oh we forgot to make a logo for the Window Live brand" "Oh we forgot to create a signup page for the @live.com e-mail address" "Oh we found a terrible bug thats called Micro****" "Oh you just hurt are feeling were gonna put you in Prison" Maybe one day there won't be a word "beta" for Microsoft or should I say Micro**** and we will all wait serveral years until we get what we want!

Whoa.

You remind me of methanphetamines.

Edited by AutonomousMachete

Wow, i can almost actually see the vain exploding out of your forehead from here on that one. It's 4 days...I think you can last. It's just a new domain...Sign up for the hotmail live beta, it has the same features...Minus the 2 gigs of space.

:D I got mine, just got back from the cinema and noticed the page was down when i was going to register one for my first name and get my dad one too with his first name. Does anyone know if it will be possible to merge both accounts of e-mails from my "@hotmail.co.uk" address will be forwarded to my "@live.co.uk" account and all my existing e-mails will be sent too? I've got some important e-mails that I need to keep.