Windows Vista Build 5456 Released

Hmm, I wonder if the DWM changes takes down that process' memory usage below the ~60 MB or whatever it was in Beta 2.

Nice. If anyone has it installed already, can they share some stories about whether or not it's more stable, quicker to load, etc? I'm looking for performance stuff ... :D

Well, i'm still installing, but so far it's much faster than it has been. I'm 15 minutes into the installation and at the first reboot, and on my laptop with it's mediocre DVD drive. This normally this takes about 30-45 minutes. :)

That's how it should be.

hmmmm, i dont see why it can be that way. Black when maxmize. and then switching to Windows basic mode for like 5 seconds then back to Aero.

ok thanks for the answer :)

I think I remember reading on someone's blog, that he upgraded Vista builds...?

It may be possible but I'm sure it's not through convential means.

I got nothing substantial because i somehow broke printscreen function :s but here's a funny bug i just found... someone's trying to be leet y0 :p

bugrofl2zw.png

I got nothing substantial because i somehow broke printscreen function :s but here's a funny bug i just found... someone's trying to be leet y0 :p

not a bug...they're testing non english characters...they know about it. Check the newsgroups

not a bug...they're testing non english characters...they know about it. Check the newsgroups

Hmm... guess i should setup NG on vista now before i file anything else :unsure:

New pointers folks. I ain't uploading them... someone else who feels like distributing them can ;)

5456newpointers0lc.png

They're preddy (Y)

New pointers folks. I ain't uploading them... someone else who feels like distributing them can ;)

5456newpointers0lc.png

OMG. it's about time we have new pointers. I just don't know why they didn't add them in the plubic bulids.

any chances the plubic can download this bulid?

Sources will be great.

As a matter of fact you can do an upgrade from Beta 2

Can more people confirm this? I'm running Vista Beta 2 pretty much as primary with backup pre-existing XP dualboot for backup. Want to avoid pain if I can. :)

5456newpointers0lc.png

I knew it! That spinning circle was in IE6 and in the driver installation icon in the taskbar!

Screenshots ;)

This build contains many bug fixes over Beta 2, and infact over 30 of the top 50 complaints in beta 2 are fixed in this release. The biggest change, however, is most definitely in the UAC (User Account Control) which has under gone a major design change to keep from intruding in the user's daily activities. This means you can now successfully delete a shortcut off of the desktop in 5456.5 without having to worry about having to say 'Yes' to 3 prompts!

:cool:

I think that the question about the public using it and public keys would be best answered if someone confirms that they cannot only install but activate windows using a public key. Those who are eager to test the next build can worry about getting the ISO on their own, but they are probably looking for an answer or confirmation about activation.