Zizou Provoked by Serious Taunt?

I am sure , the explusion of Zidane was perfectly wanted, Italy perfectly intended to provoke him before the end of the match, to destabilize France. For France without Vieira & Zidane it's very difficult to shoot penalties at 100%.

Italy don't have the Maestro. :whistle:

To be honest Materazzi is a bit of a filthy player and very much a cheat. You just watch some of the tackles he has done in his career on the internet and you'll realise that he's not much of a sports man, He plays to win and he uses his caniving ways to get things in his favour. The incident that happened was something which everyone has different opinions on. I think he got what was coming to him. But at the same time... was Zidane playing for the team or playing for himself because the way he went about it seemed very self centered and not very teamly, he could of opted to ignore the comment and maybe lifted the trophy. But we do know Zidane has a feary side, the comment must of really got to him for him to be so drastic and nut Materazzi.

Anyway, Zidane - Legend. No denying that.

Materazzi is a well documented punk player who shouldn't have even been allowed on the Italian squad. He insulted his team and his country by instigating what Zidane finished. If FIFA wants to take Zindane's sportsmanship award, then Materazzi should lose his Gold medal, SIMPLE AS THAT.

The excuse of beign insulted by Materazzi wont change anything.

Zidane acted like a jerk, because he knew they couldnt win against Italy.

How many time ppl bad mouth the referee's mother during the games. Still i dont see them shooting at the crowd.

Because refs can lose their jobs permanent while players might be temp banned but still be able to play in the next games.

If you really think that Materazzi is the first person in the history of soccer to mouth off to another player than you're really living in a dream world. The difference is, you don't usually see players reacting like Zidane did. He is the captain, the game is tied in overtime, and it very well looks like it could go into penalty kicks which he is excels at. What a stupid decision it was to headbutt the Italian player. I'll admit it right now, what very likely would have happened is France would have won in penalty kicks (considering Italy's record) if Zidane hadn't gotten himself kicked. What I see in this thread is a bunch of sore loser France fans that need someone to blame for France's loss. And yes, I'm saying this because I take offense to my country's players being called Fascist and dirty Italians.

What's worse is that some of you in this thread are assosciating the so-called "cheating players" with the max-fixing scandal. What you guys fail to realize is that has nothing to do with the players. Need me to repeat that for you? It is solely the referees and coaches involved in the scandal. It's funny that you do that because Bam, you've just shown me you don't do your research and talk out of your [nasty place].

I'll also add one more point before being quiet. No matter what somebody says to you, it's not right for you to physically attack them. Now, if somebody attacks you physically, than sure, start something but not at a common Your mom insult. Let's use some common sense here ...

Edited by SadJoker

If you really think that Materazzi is the first person in the history of soccer to mouth off to another player than you're really living in a dream world. The difference is, you don't usually see players reacting like Zidane did. He is the captain, the game is tied in overtime, and it very well looks like it could go into penalty kicks which he is excels at. What a stupid decision it was to headbutt the Italian player. I'll admit it right now, what very likely would have happened is France would have won in penalty kicks (considering Italy's record) if Zidane hadn't gotten himself kicked. What I see in this thread is a bunch of sore loser France fans that need someone to blame for France's loss. And yes, I'm saying this because I take offense to my country's players being called Fascist and dirty Italians.

What's worse is that some of you in this thread are assosciating the so-called "cheating players" with the max-fixing scandal. What you guys fail to realize is that has nothing to do with the players. Need me to repeat that for you? It is solely the referees and coaches involved in the scandal. It's funny that you do that because Bam, you've just shown me you don't do your research and talk out of your [nasty place].

I'll also add one more point before being quiet. No matter what somebody says to you, it's not right for you to physically attack them. Now, if somebody attacks you physically, than sure, start something but not at a common Your mom insult. Let's use some common sense here ...

great post.. its about time someone with some common sense has something to say

this whole zidane/materazzi situation has become a joke. materazzi was labelled a racist all over the world by monday morning. the whole world wants to find an excuse for zidane.

if it had been an italian player doing the headbutt, no one would give him any chance to explain

its pretty sad, that everyone was calling materazzi a racist, when zidane confirmed that it wasnt even a racist remark... now most of the comments i hear discriminate against italians.. "cheaters, facists, racists, slimy" everyone speaking against us are starting to sound like the racists

the fact that people are trying to use the scandal as another excuse for italy to have been disqualified from the WC is an even bigger joke. many executives,referees, and some coaches caused a lot of garbage behind the scenes politically, and in the end have screwed the league for the fans and for the players.

Exactly, but he is Italian it's normal, Italy know very well cheating....

easy there man.. you talk about materazzi verbally bothering zidane, yet you just made a stupid generalization of a whole country!

wait, cheating? lets think back to the round of 16 - spain vs france, 1-1 in 84th minute.. did henry not take a complete dive, clutching his face as if he had been elbowed? great to see france go ahead 2-1 with 5 minutes left from that free kick and puyol a yellow after the replay clearly showed no elbow.

people on here are too thick.

Verbal insults can be just as affecting as physical.

Point is, smack talk is also wrong.

So are insults.

Thats why you get warning levels or bans on forums, you can't do such things in official situations and so on.

People are such hypocrits, they say "yes what materazi did was wrong, but zidane was wrong too" well guess what?! Materazi was wrong as well as mentioned!

If zidane is punished, I think materazi should be too, even if it's a tiny itty bitty bit.

zidane doesn't lose @iconoclast, as said, he has no regrets.

I'd give up the world cup to defend my mother thats for sure.

(not saying I'd do the same in a similar situation)

So are insults.

Thats why you get warning levels or bans on forums, you can't do such things in official situations and so on.

People are such hypocrits, they say "yes what materazi did was wrong, but zidane was wrong too" well guess what?! Materazi was wrong as well as mentioned!

If zidane is punished, I think materazi should be too, even if it's a tiny itty bitty bit.

So you reckon they should have moderators following the players around like they do on forums? :p Seriously, foul language is a part of all sports and Zidane, haivng played for Juventus, well knew this. Hes soley to blame for his actions.

SadJoker your post is the best in this thread.

the italian probably told him to flee... like the french do! zannadooo then sneazed saying chaque le blu and it appeated to be head butt. But it was a sneeze. IMHO... france blows

So are insults.

have you ever played competitive football...???

Verbal insults are part and parcel of the game, and every proffessional footballer would of had very insulting remarks said to them during many instances of the playing career, however its their duty to deal with it and take it with a pinch of salt...

The exact reason these things are said is to get a rise out of you, and the people actually saying them know they arent true (they dont even know you), but if it wins you the game, meh...

I'm not condining these remarks, but please get in the real world, because people dont have to be nice to everyone....

(i'm sure this has all been said elsewhere in the thread, but Amnesia's comment refers to a situation that is rediculously implausible)

Italian soccer in general is quite sad. I mean the players go down for the simplest of challenges. The divers really kill the game. A good balanced match can be ruined by one idiot who decides he needs to cheat and win a penalty. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fifa should make diving red card offences and encourage refs to show more red cards to divers...

I believe Materrazzi should have been given the harshest possible punishment. Because he not only caused a blemish on one of the greatest soccer careers, but also ruined a good WC final.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the petition guys know the meaning of premeditated, the incident seemed to be the exact opposite to me.

gosh darnit i think the 'zizou thing' has finished.... :pinch: ....way to bring up old news....soccer has moved forward from this :rolleyes: