Cell phones cooks egg

Two Russian journalists managed to cook several eggs with the radiation and heat emitting from their cell phones. The results of this "unscientific" experiment were republished by Crorepixels with the authors stressing people be aware of phone radiation and potential health issues.

Vladimir Lagovski and Andrei Moiseynko from Komsomolskaya Pravda Newspaper in Moscow decided to learn first-hand how harmful cell phones are. There is no magic in cooking with your cell phone. The secret is in the radio waves that the cell phone radiates.

post-37120-1152762586.jpg

The journalists created a simple microwave structure as shown in the picture. They called from one cell phone to the other and left both phones on talking mode. They placed a tape recorder next to phones to imitate sounds of speaking so the phones would stay on.

After, 15 minutes: The egg became slightly warm.

25 minutes: The egg became very warm.

40 minutes: The egg became very hot.

65 minutes: The egg was cooked. (As you can see.)

post-37120-1152762624.jpg

Conclusion ..1: Cooking eggs with mobile phones is possible but very expensive ($4.55 or 123 Rubles)

Conclusion ..2: All this talk of danger is exaggerated; even if your brain gets cooked, it would take a couple hours of talking on a cell phone.

Conclusion ..3: We dont recommend carrying cell phone in your pants. :huh:

source

You guys do realise that this 'theory' was proven false a long time ago right?

I can't remember where I read the article. I'll try and find it again.

You guys do realise that this 'theory' was proven false a long time ago right?
So how did the eggs get cooked ? :laugh:

So how did the eggs get cooked ? :laugh:

The old fashioned way, by boiling the egg in water. You have all been fooled by their prank.

The old fashioned way, by boiling the egg in water. You have all been fooled by their prank.

So I assume that you volunteer to sit between two active cell phones for 65 minutes. :yes:

While I don't believe that an egg was cooked using cellphone radiation, the phones do emit some. Over time, the effects may lead to cancer, just as with overexposure to any other harmful level of radiation. You can even check how much your cellphone emits on Cnet.

So I assume that you volunteer to sit between two active cell phones for 65 minutes. :yes:

See that's where the theory starts to fall apart. Mobile phones are omnidirectional. When two phones "talk" to each other, the signal does not travel directly between them. The signal is sent to the nearest mobile phone tower, then to the receiving mobile phone. An object placed between two active mobile phones will not receive greater microwave radiation than if it was placed elsewhere.

Secondly, it is near impossible to heat up a 50g object with only bursts of microwave radiation at 2W. You might have a better chance if the microwave radiation was constant, but mobile phones transmit in bursts.

This is groundbreaking! Now I can throw out my easy bake oven! :D

Note: I do not have, nor have I ever used an easy bake oven

Brilliant. :rofl:

Nice to see the myth was busted.

nah this aint true

Mythbuster and also Brainiac (UK) both did that and they proved it to be fake....

Brainiac even did it with 100 mobile phones and still nothing

Put an egg in its shell in a microwave and cook it... see what happens... it BLOWS UP! this is a myth that cell phones could do this, because they dont emit enough energy to start with... and if they did the egg would of cracked at least or blown up if it got hot enough because the microwave would cause the inside to boil, not cook (like you get by a hard boiled egg, which doesnt boil the inside of the egg!)...