FA Premier League Thread

Liverpool won 4-0 today :D

The surprise result of the day has to be West Ham getting thrashed 4-0 by Charlton, it is funny though because last season Curbishley was managing Charlton and Pardew was managing West Ham! I thought it would of been a very tight game.

It was quite funny this morning I went into work and bet with a mate that Charlton would screw us 5-0 and he laughed and I said you just watch it will be at least 3-0 at half time...alas I was right...stupid Charlton 1 more goal would of banked me ?40 instead I lost ?4:laugh:h:

Edited by Rappy

Hopefully Pompey will get past Blackburn Rovers today to take 6th position in the Premiership. They deserve it after all their hard work!

Their away games record isn't that good tho :/ Hopefully, today that'll change :)

I've got no idea why Pompey are doing so poor this half of the season.

I might see if i can see Man Utd at fratton park this season. But it's a matter if they have any tickets.

We thumped Blackburn in the very first match of the season, we can beat them.

Ok pompey are 3-0 down.

I think the problem lays with the strike force.

Kanu can score but not enough

Lua Lua can score but not enough and is too greedy

Cole can score but yet to be fit enough to play. Only played a handfull of games but scored 1

Bejanni fantastic player but hardly scores is best suited to playing with kanu.

Toddy well he is soon on his way out, but he needs to play some prem games because he scored some vital goals last season to keep us up.

Edited by Shibby

watched the utd vs liver game today. liver dominated the game but utd took their chance and won the game. any one team can dominate the game and in the end lose, thats the beauty of football.

Happy that Man Utd Won.

I don't think both teams really had any shots that were really goals. Expect the offside and Crouch in the last few mins.

I just got back from getting bladdered after Liverpool lost. Unbelievable match, the Scum scored from there only shot on target. In that ten minute period after half time, Liverpool should of scored two or three goals and that would of killed the match off, Liverpool controlled most of the play for practically the whole match.

We deserved so much more, but we are going to win the Champions League and bring NUMBER SIX back to Anfield, and the team we are going to beat in the final is Manchester United.

It doesn't matter if you controlled the game. It doesn't matter that you deserved to win it. You Didn't win it. No matter how good you play, if you don't score, then you won't get rewarded for your good play.

Just shows how good we are lol. A pretty crap performance with only one or two shots on target, down to 10 men, with one of our best forwards off injured, and we still manage to grap a winner :yes:.

Its gonna be hard for chelsea now, still possible (as chelsea have a game in hand, so can bring it down to 6 points), but still pretty hard.

I predict Spurs stonking us tommorow about 4-0 *sigh*

Then in the week get docked 6 points and put us down now we are rock bottom!!!

you can't even beat us at your own ground and you think you've got a chance on mutual territory? lol

Yes, because Liverpool have a really crap record when they play on mutual territory :whistle:, I mean out of all our multiple visits to Cardiff (which is a lot as Liverpool have won more trophies than anyone in England since the turn of the century) and Istanbul in recent years, how many have we lost? We practically turn all our cup final visits into home games with our fantastic support :D.

It doesn't matter if you controlled the game. It doesn't matter that you deserved to win it. You Didn't win it. No matter how good you play, if you don't score, then you won't get rewarded for your good play.

Just shows how good we are lol. A pretty crap performance with only one or two shots on target, down to 10 men, with one of our best forwards off injured, and we still manage to grap a winner :yes:.

Its gonna be hard for chelsea now, still possible (as chelsea have a game in hand, so can bring it down to 6 points), but still pretty hard.

Hang on, hang on. I know Liverpool did not win, I was just venting my frustration at Liverpool's lack of luck during the game. I mean, can you honestly tell me that Man Utd deserved to win? No, because they did not, they where just lucky. But credit to them, luck wins titles.

I really hope Chelsea win the league and not Man Utd, but it is going to be a huge task to ask. If Chelsea win there game in hand, and beat Man Utd themselves then the gap will be down to three points, which means Man Utd have to lose four points in there remaining eight games (because of their superior goal difference), and Chelsea must win all there remaining games. That is a lot of if's, but it is not impossible!

I predict Spurs stonking us tommorow about 4-0 *sigh*

Then in the week get docked 6 points and put us down now we are rock bottom!!!

Hey come on Rappy, keep the faith! I like West Ham, they have a good manager, good fans, and some decent players. I hope they avoid relegation. I would like to see Watford, Charlton and Sheff Utd go down to be honest!

Good luck against Spurs (Y).

If Chelsea win their game in hand then it will be 6 points difference not 3. Man Utd beat Liverpool.

Did you read what I said :unsure:? I said if Chelsea win there game in hand AND beat Man Utd the gap would be three points.

At least I was right about the 4!!!...maybe didn't expect West Ham to net 3 but letting the lead slip is West Hams usual weekly routine...

At least I was right about the 4!!!...maybe didn't expect West Ham to net 3 but letting the lead slip is West Hams usual weekly routine...

Off topic

Who are those ladies in your avatar? :whistle:

Off topic

Who are those ladies in your avatar? :whistle:

Nikki Cox and Molly Sims

Yeah Martyn it did but at the same time we should really be preparing for Championship Football because thats all we are good for now...although we played well today that was it really...one game wont save us...I really think we need to get rid of the big headed idiots at the club and reshape everything for next season...

Yeah Martyn it did but at the same time we should really be preparing for Championship Football because thats all we are good for now...although we played well today that was it really...one game wont save us...I really think we need to get rid of the big headed idiots at the club and reshape everything for next season...

So who would you sell and buy then for next season?

So who would you sell and buy then for next season?

Ummm I would rid of Upson...he lasted just 11 minutes again today which is pointless...I would rid of the big headed people there which I would class Ferdinand,Reo Coker and Harewood...it doesnt matter who you are in that team they are just not performing...its obvious Tevez would go in the Summer and so would Neil so I would bring up talent from youth team which arent bad if I remember correctly they beat chelsea the other in the under 18's so they arent pushovers and bring in some good English or British talent from lower clubs to get them ready and such but if we go down its over we arent going back up for years...the next Leeds someone said and I sorta agreed