FA Premier League Thread

Can't go into Tuesday down in morale after losing L'pool...

EDIT: 2-1 to Pompey....they doing the usual comeback :laugh:

2-0 West Ham Come On!!!! :D

Edited by Rappy

West ham looking good..hope they stay up.

West Ham should stay up.

I hope they do.

Like my comments on Southampton, top division seems empty without West Ham.

3-1, 6-3 remember 1989? ho ho.

Portsmouth 2 Liverpool 0 tut tut

Congratulations...1989 hurt the most...now feel free to show us all of Arsenal's other European Cup's and League titles ;). Liverpool FC is a bigger football club than Arsenal FC. End of.

Losing 2-1 to Portsmouth in an insignificant game where the only player who played today that will be playing against Chelsea is Alonso, is not that bad a result :laugh:.

I can't believe Everton let that two goal lead slip, I am sure Gary Neville told his brother to score an own goal. Things could of been so different today had Chelsea won and Man Utd lost, and it looked like it would at once stage, but I think Man Utd are pretty much guaranteed the title now.

Liverpool bigger than Arsenal?

How long has Liverpool been in the top division, remind us all 196?

How many more FA cups have Liverpool won than Arsenal?

Who is moving the other side of Stanley Park?

Who is going to share a ground with Everton?

Liverpool bigger than Arsenal?

How long has Liverpool been in the top division, remind us all 196?

How many more FA cups have Liverpool won than Arsenal?

Who is moving the other side of Stanley Park?

Who is going to share a ground with Everton?

If you think Arsenal are a bigger club than Liverpool than you are deluded. We have more league titles than you (and anyone in the Premiership), more European Cup's than you (and anyone in the Premiership). You may have more FA Cup's than us but that is about all you have going for you, you have beaten us more times than we have beaten you this season but at the end of the day Arsenal are in free fall and have nothing to play for this season, whilst Liverpool do.

Liverpool have won the most trophies since the start of the century from England, and are the only team to have won a European trophy this century in England (infact we have won four since the turn of the century).

Liverpool are getting a new stadium, and it is going to be one of the best stadiums in the world. You need to get your facts right as there is never going to be a groundshare, Liverpool city council where the only people to suggest that and it was quickly knocked back. At least we can generate an atmosphere at our ground though mate, instead of sitting in silence like you lot do.

Well it is true Rappy! I am not saying Arsenal are not a big club, they are just not bigger than Liverpool. To be honest, I do not mind Arsenal at all and I actually respect them compared to the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea. When Arsenal are playing Man Utd or Chelsea, I always hope Arsenal win! Arsenal are the only other top four team, other than Liverpool, I would play with on FIFA, Pro Evo, or FM :p!

i dont see why clubs are classed as "big" by what's happened in the past. maybe include the last 5 or 10 years but no more, would you still class the likes of swindon, barnsely, "wimbledon", leeds as big clubs with them being in the premiership X years ago?

i dont see why clubs are classed as "big" by what's happened in the past. maybe include the last 5 or 10 years but no more, would you still class the likes of swindon, barnsely, "wimbledon", leeds as big clubs with them being in the premiership X years ago?

Talking about Leeds did you see the crowd trouble near the end...people can't take relegation sometimes...

Defining a big club is a debate which has been raging for a long time in the world football. What I was doing above though was saying that a club is bigger than another club.

Personally though I think you define a big club on continued success over the years, winning trophies for a sustained period of time, otherwise it becomes a sleeping giant (Everton and Astron Villa). Whilst winning trophies is a defining factor when it becomes to being a "big club", I think the fan base of a club also comes into it. Newcastle have a huge fan base, but are they a big club? I think yes and no. You have a domestic fan base (like Newcastle) and then you have a global fan base, which is why I think you have two different types of big clubs. You have global clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan and Juventus, then you have big clubs like Roma and Sevilla.

If you base it on trophies...

bigclubsapril2007vz0.jpg

OK, so Man Utd adds to 47, but get 48. Why, what is the (4) at the side for?

We need answers and we need them NOW. :sleep:

It was when Man Ud won the World Club Championship in 1999.

How many times have Arsenal won the premiership compared to Liverpool?

How many times have Arsenal won the double compared to Liverpool?

When was the last time Liverpool won the division 1 title compared to Arsenal?

Have we ever lost to Portsmouth since the premiership was formed, I think Liverpool have ha ha

Yeah because football was invented in 1992 by Sky wasnt it? You are just being pathetic now, I bet you have been trying to find those arguments to throw at me since you last posted in this thread about four hours ago. Any football fan knows that Liverpool FC are a bigger club than Arsenal, based on trophies won and fan base among other things and throwing insignifcant arguments like "your Liverpool team lost to Portsmouth 2-1 playing your reserve team OMG you are SO CRAP!!!!!1111111oneoneone" will not change that. Sounds to me like your jealous :laugh:!

And if you actually watched todays match against Pompey you will see that the whole first team eleven was rested for the match against Chelsea on Tuesday at Anfield in the Champions League...you know...that competition Arsenal are not in, and have never won ;).

PFFFFF Man Utd are the bigger club!!!!! (And better)

But pompey have had some good results against liverpool

1-0 in our first season.

This season 0 - 0 and now a 2-1

Even if pool did play there first team, they wouldn't of won.

http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx...8516&cpid=8

See who was playing when it was 0 - 0 !!!!

Now we need to win against everton and prehaps a draw with arsenal for UFEA cup!

Yeah because football was invented in 1992 by Sky wasnt it? You are just being pathetic now, I bet you have been trying to find those arguments to throw at me since you last posted in this thread about four hours ago. Any football fan knows that Liverpool FC are a bigger club than Arsenal, based on trophies won and fan base among other things and throwing insignifcant arguments like "your Liverpool team lost to Portsmouth 2-1 playing your reserve team OMG you are SO CRAP!!!!!1111111oneoneone" will not change that. Sounds to me like your jealous :laugh:!

And if you actually watched todays match against Pompey you will see that the whole first team eleven was rested for the match against Chelsea on Tuesday at Anfield in the Champions League...you know...that competition Arsenal are not in, and have never won ;).

Liverpool are not a big club.

Arsenal get more fans at their home matches than Liverpool do at their home matches.

We all know that Liverpool has only one decent side and thats Tranmere Rovers.

I am not jealous of Liverpool, (did I just mention Burnley and the FA cup), was your second team out then?

What have Liverpool won this year? The FA youth cup, which was wrongly awarded to them as Manchester United team scored 2 away goals to your teams 1.

Tuesday, don't care who wins, I will be enjoying Arsenal finishing 3rd this season and our second team beating you in both the FA cup and league cup on your own ground.

Liverpool a big club, ha ha ha ha

For the two Arsenal and Liverpool supporters: Both sides have magnificent records but I would say that Liverpool are still quite far ahead overall!

CLUB HONOURS Arsenal

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

1930-31, 1932-33, 1933-34, 1934-35, 1937-38, 1947-48, 1952-53, 1970-71, 1988-89, 1990-91, 1997-98, 2001-02, 2003-04

CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD WINNERS

1930, 1931, 1933, 1934, 1938, 1948, 1953, 1991, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004

F.A. CUP WINNERS

1930, 1936, 1950, 1971, 1979, 1993, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005

LEAGUE CUP WINNERS

1987, 1993

CLUB HONOURS LIVERPOOL

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

1900-01, 1905-06, 1921-22, 1922-23, 1946-47, 1963-64, 1965-66, 1972-73, 1975-76, 1976-77, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1985-86, 1987-88, 1989-90

CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD WINNERS

1964, 1965, 1966, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2001, 2006

F.A. CUP WINNERS

1965, 1974, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2001, 2006

LEAGUE CUP WINNERS

1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1995, 2001, 2003