FA Premier League Thread

Yea, our defending was very poor at times, Yakubu had several chances he should have put away, though Lamps did hit the crossbar for us.

Was very dissapointed with the overall performance.

Did you see Andrew Davies' "tackle" on Drogba though? what was he thinking?

MEH Poor Pedro Mendes, Ben Thatcher should get banned for months for what he did to pedro.

What he did cause Mendes to just fall to the ground out cold. and last i heard he was getting kept in hosptial over night.

This is a shocker!!! Boro stuns Chelsea! 2 late winners give Boro a deserved win. Chelsea are now 7th in the standings!!! Who would have imagined that. Boro played really well. I wish Chelsea continue to fail like this.

Another superb performance from United. They have been plaing very well. Even in the absense of Rooney and Scholes, they managed a healthy 3-0 victory. Fantastic show from the players. Solskjaer's late goal was heartening to see. Saha scored again.

This is a shocker!!! Boro stuns Chelsea! 2 late winners give Boro a deserved win.

2 late winners? :huh: they only won by 1 goal :|

Chelsea are now 7th in the standings!!! Who would have imagined that.

Um it is only 2 games into the season :rolleyes:

I wish Chelsea continue to fail like this.

and likewise i hope man utd do equally as sh*t :D

I started supporting chelsea because i enjoyed our unpredictability :p used to love it when we came 4th/5th/6th because winning meant more, and we were exciting to watch. (not saying that we arent exciting now) plus we were a lot of peoples second favourite team :)

Now everyone hates us :cry: and winning doesnt seem to mean as much from my point of view because it doesnt feel so much like its come through hard work such as the fa cup wins in '97 or '00 but more just because we can afford who ever we want, and it seems to easy some of the time.

and yes i hate all our tag-along supporters we have gained as much as the next person :)

Chelsea lose, like I care.

Boro humbled them last season at the Riverside.

Boro didn't deserve to lose against Reading, bit of justice for Viduka.

Going to be a topsey turvy premiership season, if Chelsea do win it, be a mean feat, especially as they have a squad of 15 players that could grace the premiership.

On a sad point I hope Ben Thatcher gets a life ban from football for his disgraceful challange, Paul Davis (Arsenal) v's Southampton got a 12 match ban for less.

Chelsea can have Ashley Cole, he only wants money not first team football.

hmm I seem to remember boro beating arsenal at the riverside last season too :p

and man utd for that fact

Would you care to remind us all of the score when Boro came to Highbury?

seems to have slipped my mind :p

anyway thats not the point you said at the riverside and i can quite easily remind you of the score from when we came to highbury :rofl:

seems to have slipped my mind :p

anyway thats not the point you said at the riverside and i can quite easily remind you of the score from when we came to highbury :rofl:

My writing had nothing to do with Arsenal v's Boro (or shall I mention the 6-1 spanking we gave you a few seasons before at your ground?).

I mentioned Boro also beat Chelsea last season there.

Edited by leesmithg

What a great night last night.

Chelsea beaten.

Utd winning 3 nil

Ole back scoring again

8 goals in 2 games :)

top of the league and 2 points clear (for now!) LOL

I know only 2 games gone, but start as you mean to go on! :)

What a great night last night.

Chelsea beaten.

Utd winning 3 nil

Ole back scoring again

8 goals in 2 games :)

top of the league and 2 points clear (for now!) LOL

I know only 2 games gone, but start as you mean to go on! :)

Nice to see the choir boy back, best goal scorer you had for many years.

Will this finally be the demise of money bags Chelsea, if Arsenal don't win it, rather see anyone else than Chelsea win it and that includes Moan United.

LOL Yeah, not the hardest goal ole will ever have to score, but a goal is a goal, and it helps his confidence.

Hopefully many more to come this season :)

The demise of Chelsea, I most certainly hope so!

Just hope one of us big boys "Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool etc" gives them a proper hiding this season, put them back in their place :D

Will this finally be the demise of money bags Chelsea, if Arsenal don't win it, rather see anyone else than Chelsea win it and that includes Moan United.

Yes so i've noticed but no need to take it out on chelsea fans such as me :p ive already stated I dont enjoy supporting them as much now multi trillion billion pound doodaa is with us.

Then again you could always lighten up, it is only a game remember..... :rofl:

Yes so i've noticed but no need to take it out on chelsea fans such as me :p ive already stated I dont enjoy supporting them as much now multi trillion billion pound doodaa is with us.

Then again you could always lighten up, it is only a game remember..... :rofl:

Chelsea should be docked 10 points anyway.

Revenue in is less than revenue leaving.

2 late winners? :huh: they only won by 1 goal :|

Um it is only 2 games into the season :rolleyes:

and likewise i hope man utd do equally as sh*t :D

I started supporting chelsea because i enjoyed our unpredictability :p used to love it when we came 4th/5th/6th because winning meant more, and we were exciting to watch. (not saying that we arent exciting now) plus we were a lot of peoples second favourite team :)

Now everyone hates us :cry: and winning doesnt seem to mean as much from my point of view because it doesnt feel so much like its come through hard work such as the fa cup wins in '97 or '00 but more just because we can afford who ever we want, and it seems to easy some of the time.

and yes i hate all our tag-along supporters we have gained as much as the next person :)

I meant to say, two late goals, one being the equaliser other the winner. :blush:

Its not about 2 games into the season, its about the result. :p

And yeah you can hope that United do equally as sh*t, I hope Chelsea continue this sh*t. No harm in hoping you see. ;)

MEH Poor Pedro Mendes, Ben Thatcher should get banned for months for what he did to pedro.

What he did cause Mendes to just fall to the ground out cold. and last i heard he was getting kept in hosptial over night.

The Football Association has confirmed it is investigating Manchester City defender Ben Thatcher's challenge on Portsmouth's Pedro Mendes.

Thatcher received a yellow card for his challenge which left Mendes needing oxygen at the pitchside.

Mendes later suffered a seizure en route to hospital.

An FA spokesman told BBC Sport: "We're looking at whether this may be viewed as an exceptional case as rules make it difficult to upgrade a yellow card."

Thatcher appeared to catch Mendes with his forearm, sending the Portuguese midfielder into advertising hoardings.

The FA has to do something, it is there for all to see

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp

The FA will wait to see the contents of referee Dermot Gallagher's match report before deciding its next course of action.

Had Gallagher dismissed Thatcher for violent conduct, FA rules allow it to impose further punishment on top of the three-match ban the offence carries.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp was incensed by the challenge and called for the FA to take action against Thatcher.

Redknapp said: "The FA have to do something, it is there for all to see.

"I do not want to see anyone suspended but how could that possibly not be a red card?

"What do you have to do to get a red, kill someone?"

The incident was captured by television cameras but video evidence cannot be used to retrospectively upgrade a yellow card.

A Fifa spokesman confirmed to BBC sport: "It is one of the fundamental rules of the game that the referee's decision is final.

"Therefore, if it is his decision that an offence warrants a yellow card, that cannot be changed later by somebody else."

Mendes travelled back to Portsmouth after overnight observation and a club statement said: "He will continue to be under medical and neurological supervision during the forthcoming week."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...ity/5281686.stm

Published: 2006/08/24 10:38:07 GMT

? BBC MMVI

What Ben Thatcher did was disgraceful. I know first hand that what he did to Mendes could of actually killed him, and it was not like there was no intent to hurt him. I read this morning that Pedro Mendes had a seizure as well, and was kept in hospital overnight.

I never used to mind Chelsea, they were effectively just like Newcastle. They never posed a threat to the big boy's but they were always up there in about fifth or sixth spot. Chelsea used to play good football, it used to be a joy to watch Gianfranco Zola every week.

Chelsea could win the title for the next ten year's in a row, but no one would really give them credit for it as it is simply spending money on the best player's around. If a club is going to spend a lot of money, they should only spend the money they actually earned by being successful (like Manure for instance), and not just the money of a billionaire backer. At least then it would be fair. If you win the title fair and square it would feel a lot better than winning it with the knowledge that without your oil tycoon then it would never have happened.

I heard that most of Chelsea's new supporters are actually ex-Mancs.

I heard that most of Chelsea's new supporters are actually ex-Mancs.

That wouldn't surprise me, in which case i want man utd to win the premiership this season and then they might all go back to supporting them instead of us :)

On another note I don't see why it would be so much trouble for the FA to upgrade Thatchers yellow to a ban, and a BIG ban at that.

Wondered when it would appear.

Thatcher is a thug and should be banned from football for a season.

I will mention this, if he did this in the street, people are saying he would goto jail, they are wrong he would get an ?80 fine.

Hope Thatcher remembers this next time he feels like elbowing someone, it will be cheaper to do it in public.

Man City have suspended him, not sure for how long. It was disgraceful but in an interview I heard with someone from the club, he was really shaken up by his own actions when he watched it back, not that it makes up for it but it's not as if he is going around feeling it was ok.

Charged by FA too.. http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/Ne...cherCharged.htm

Edited by Brodel

Glad he has been charged but Ben had done this before and there is nothing to say he is not going to do it again. I think he needs to stop while he can before his bad deeds are done to him