Lamest sport ever?

Arena Lacrosse is a quasi-pro sport. Some of them are pros and other have jobs as firemen or something else on the side or during the off-season.

Toronto Rock are a club in the National Lacrosse League

What you saw of TV was the original outdoor format. The NLL plays in smaller hockey arenas that are more intimate. I've been to see them live and it is pretty exciting. The flow of the game is similar to hockey and they are whacking the heck out of each other with their lacrosse sticks (that double as clubs). They are only allowed to hit the upper body. I watch Toronto Rock games on TV a fair bit.

The world championships you saw did have teams from all over the world. Beyond Canada, US and native north american teams (like the Iroquois) there were teams from Australia (they got to the semis). There were 21 nations involved in total. Go to their website and have a look at the flags:

http://www.2006worldlacrosse.com/

Thanks fred for the info..so i stand corrected! :)

So i see Canada came from behind to win!!

I suppose i a little unfair to them as to the competitiveness because the world competition is an elite thing, for example there are prob 100 national teams but outside the top 7-8 teams in the world there is little or no competition, theres a huge hulf between these teams and th rest..

Lacross is kinda similar to the irish sport hurling

I can't believe nobody mentioned WWE rasslin!.

Thats because its not a sport full stop. Its amusement for people who are borderline brain-dead.

Thats because its not a sport full stop. Its amusement for people who are borderline brain-dead.

So True (Y), although, if you want to see some bloke pretend to smash his head into a thousand pieces - its great :)

IMO the lamest "sport" is fox hunting. The only reason it wasnt banned years ago was because it's a "posh persons" sport - if it was an ordinary persons sport, like cricket, it would have been banned years ago - stooooopid UK governments

Soccer. Nothing happens!!!

what are you talking about. when the players brush by each other one falls down, rolls around holding some random part of his body for a while. gets carried off, has a drink of water and comes back!

but yah soccer is boring.

:rolleyes:

i'm sure you are aware that rugby, football (soccer), and hockey are all more dangerous than american football, right?

The only reason more injuries may occur in football (soccer) is because in American football the players go round wearing body armour.

someone please explain why all you brits hate american football. i mean, real football (soccer) has been gaining popularity here in the states for while, so why the hate?

Because we prefer our sports to be free-flowing not stop-start

Because we prefer our sports to be free-flowing not stop-start

so true :)

boring sports to watch

american football (it stops to much)

bowling

golf

racing (any kind except steeple races with horses ;))

cycling (180 km of watching men cycle, oew yeah)

boring sports to do

swimming

running

and in my opinion baseball is just a cheap version of cricket and american football off rugby. Probably the americans couldn't understand the rules. Let the flaming begin :p

and in my opinion baseball is just a cheap version of cricket and american football off rugby. Probably the americans couldn't understand the rules. Let the flaming begin :p

Nah baseball is more like rounders and thats played by girls! :rofl:

...personally the comparsions between american football and rugby annoy me because there is no connection or similarity what so ever.

Apart from the shape of the ball, the fact that in both sports the teams try to get the ball to the end of the pitch, they can score points by kicking the ball between the Y or H shaped posts, the ball is passed by hand to other members of the team.....

Completely different balls.

Most field sports involve "getting a ball to the other end of pitch"

Its a ball, yes most field sports involve kicking it. Gaelic football, aussie rules also have similar goals.

The playin of the game is completly different.

Are you kidding me? :laugh:

I hate NASCAR, but to imply it doesn't take any skill is a rather silly accusation, I think.

How can driving around a circular track with your foot down require any skill? The angle of the track means they don't need turn much if at all, even if they do need to turn its always gonna be a slight left. They don't even need to brake as there's no tight corners, they just go round and round and round...... :sleep:

Completely different balls.

Most field sports involve "getting a ball to the other end of pitch"

Its a ball, yes most field sports involve kicking it. Gaelic football, aussie rules also have similar goals.

The playin of the game is completly different.

The rules are different but in essence they are very similar, its like saying pool and snooker are completely different!

Apart from the shape of the ball, the fact that in both sports the teams try to get the ball to the end of the pitch, they can score points by kicking the ball between the Y or H shaped posts, the ball is passed by hand to other members of the team.....

Except rugby is free-flowing, american football is stop-start. Rugby passes must thrown backwards, american football forwards (with a overarm motion). No limit to how long you hold the ball in rugby, must gain a certain number of yards in american football (not sure, I think so though). Rugby usually has more than one playmaker (entire backline), american football relies on the quarterback (at least that's the impression I get from movies and TV shows). I'm sure the list goes on...

american football lol soz man too much ball crap in it

i can't understand your incoherent gibberish

The only reason more injuries may occur in football (soccer) is because in American football the players go round wearing body armour.

Where do you get the idea that there are more injuries in soccer than American football? The average linebacker plays only a few seasons before they are forced to retire with injuries. Even with all the padding, there are a lot of injuries in football. It seems that just about every game that someone is carried off the field. Ricky Williams broke his arm last week in the same game that the Toronto quarterback was knocked unconscious.