Fake Leopard Screenshots Winners announced

Won by - Eric Patterson

01%20Finder.jpg

02%20Peek.jpg

03%20Mail.jpg

04%20Safari.jpg

Still thinking Leopard will be more of a change than say Panther to Tiger (interface-wise) :yes:

Check the other contestants images' - http://www.mathgamehouse.com/images/phillryu/contestentries/

Source - http://phillryu.com.nyud.net:8080/leopard.php?person=eric

Radish?

I doubt we'll see anything like the above screenshots. Apple hates to combine multiple tasks into one: One task, one application. Good examples of this are iWork '06 and the separate Address Book, Mail and iCal applications.

Plus the Finder looks extremely confusing to me. Again, not really something Apple would design.

I also think (and hope) 10.5 Leopard will be a huge change interface wise: A real new Aqua version, icons, visual effects etc. Especially with Windows Vista just around the corner. Altho IMO current Aqua is superior to Aero in almost every aspect Apple has to overcome Windows Vista's new look by introducing something fundamentally different on Mac OS X.

It's cool that this is getting so much coverage. When I entered the contest I had no idea I would come in third place. I can hardly wait for my new software. iMeeting has been something I've been thinking about for a while and I was glad to show it.

Wow... he turned the Mac OS into Windows.

A task manager in the Finder? WTF?

I'm surprised this was the best that anyone could come up with given the huge prize stack.

Wow... he turned the Mac OS into Windows.

A task manager in the Finder? WTF?

I'm surprised this was the best that anyone could come up with given the huge prize stack.

No, if even half the things in the first screenshot were in Windows Vista, I would pay the $300 for the retail copy immediately. :|

No, if even half the things in the first screenshot were in Windows Vista, I would pay the $300 for the retail copy immediately. :|

yeah that first screenshot is amazing. if vista is a tiger killer, then leopard will be a vista killer. or at least some major competition. ..i mean.. if any of those types of features are actually found in leopard.

thats just what i think! :D

Why would they represent a container by a generic file image with a cross in the middle? That makes no sense to me. A box would be better, which has been used for years across a range of archival applications.

Some of them are really good, but some just add complication to a pretty much hassle free system. I do like the peek idea though...

I have to agree that they are not very applecentric screenshots. Too much clutter and integration. I always prefered Apple's trend of keeping 1 task in 1 app.

• 11 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead, look how the first screenshot looks somewhat similar to Leopard now with the iTunes/Quick Look view :yes:

Just an observation ;)

Radish?

Bringing this back from the dead, look how the first screenshot looks somewhat similar to Leopard now with the iTunes/Quick Look vie:yes:s:

Just an observatio;);)

Radish?

Ya know, if a regular member here had revived an 11 month old thread, it would have been locked rather quickly. Just an observat:pn :p

Ya know, if a regular member here had revived an 11 month old thread, it would have been locked rather quickly. Just an observation :p

not really, he revived it but he also gave out an explanation why he did it. And i can see why he did it.

Ya know, if a regular member here had revived an 11 month old thread, it would have been locked rather quickly. Just an observation :p

I was going to say something along those lines too lol.