Fantasy NHL Hockey League

Well, I'm very happy to get Marian Gaborik. For one thing, he helps my right winger situation.

The best case scenario has him returning mid-December and the worst case scenario is "but it may take much longer" which is undoubtedly scary. Still, as long as nobody else gets injured, I can park him on IR until then.

So I hope that everyone with a worse waiver position than me attempted to get him so I can say "In your face!" (but that would be rude and immature). :D

Hopefully he heals like Mats Sundin (take whatever the doctors say and divide it in half).

Incidentally, this latest move officially means that every player that I traded Marc Andre Fleury for has been dumped while Bayrider still is enjoying what he received. Perhaps not the greatest trade in the world.

Yeah, I missed the draft here (but I made the draft in Neowin Basketball).

I'm supposed to know a hell of a lot more about hockey than basketball but it isn't really showing at this point. :blush:

Well, I just checked. 5 out of 12 isn't bad (except that at least two players are inactive). I just had a bad week going 2-7-2. Still bitter actually. :D

I'm up against one of the suspected inactive players this week. Let's hope I go 9-2 or something to that effect. I won't be here to micro-manage it though since I'm going AWOL for a bit but I have my rosters set (barring injuries).

I update the lineup once a week. I login a couple times a week to check the score. I like the team that I have so I dont need to make many changes to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for Ales Hemsky to be put on the IR. It's been a week now.

It isn't a problem because I'd have to take Gaborik off the IR and he isn't ready yet anyway. Still, I don't understand why teams don't officially put someone on the IR list when they know he won't be back until January.

Stats didn't update properly again last night. Actually, they did for basketball, just not for hockey.

I ended up dumping Ales Hemsky because they seem determined not to place him on the IR and he isn't playing well this season anyway.

I picked up Daniel Sedin for some reason although I need left wingers like I need a hole in the head.

No stat updates again today. Perhaps I should post when they do work?

Again Basketball did update. They recently added a hockey highlight button. That probably screwed their code.

Edit: They're working now.

Edit2: Not a good week to be facing Sidney Crosby.

Edited by Fred Derf

No stat updates again today. Perhaps I should post when they do work?

Again Basketball did update. They recently added a hockey highlight button. That probably screwed their code.

Edit: They're working now.

Edit2: Not a good week to be facing Sidney Crosby.

Sorry, Fred. I made sure I wanted him number one, which has turned out well, except I haven't been paying attention to the pool.

I just snapped up Peter Bondra in both my hockey leagues. I think he's averaging a point a game since his return (from nowhere).

Sorry, Fred. I made sure I wanted him number one, which has turned out well, except I haven't been paying attention to the pool.

Oh all weeks for him to step it up, he has to pick my week...

• 5 weeks later...

I gather than NHL teams can only place one player on the IR list. Ottawa has Mike Fisher on their IR so then they can't place Jason Spezza on even though they know he'll be out until after the All-Star break?

Hopefully Mike Fisher comes back soon and they place Spezza on retroactively. I see teams do that sometimes, presumably to get over the 15 minimum listing time.

Meanwhile, I could use the roster spot.

There are rumours that Toronto will trade for a new #1 goalie. Meh.

I think we should be able to place players on the IR independent of the NHL clubs. The only restriction should be that they have to stay there for a minimum of 15 days (and none of this retroactive stuff that the big clubs can get away with).

I'd like to put Spezza on the IR and call up somebody from FA to help my team. Likewise, whomever owns Kyle Wellwood on Neowin Hockey is probably thinking the same thing. If we place somebody on the IR and they come back to the real NHL sooner than expected (like Sergei Federov) then we should have to pay the penalty for our gamble and wait the rest of the 15 days until we are able to activate him again.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I had Avery on my team. I would assume that going to NYR (from LA) would be a good move for him. Hopefully it will help his +/-. I am worried he'll get less ice time though.

Man, I wish we had an empty spot for 'Util' players just so that we could have more players on the roster.

With Buttman's new NHL, it seems like the entire league plays on Tues/Thurs/Sat, and hardly anyone in between. On those days I have a hard time deciding who plays and who sits out!

Man, I wish we had an empty spot for 'Util' players just so that we could have more players on the roster.

With Buttman's new NHL, it seems like the entire league plays on Tues/Thurs/Sat, and hardly anyone in between. On those days I have a hard time deciding who plays and who sits out!

Well, I certainly picked the right two last night. The Sedin twins were on fire. 3 goals and 6 assists combined.

Raycroft being hot has rocketed me from the doledrums to 3rd place. It helped getting Gaborik back from the IR too.