Hard drive causing screen flickering?

At work we have a pc based security cctv system, each of the two pc's were upgraded to a terabyte of memory last year.

One of the screens has a flicker, the width of the screen at the top about 2" thick. Were were told this was a problem with the HD..is this possible???

Thanks.

HDs causing screen flickering..? :unsure:

I've never heard of that happening before. My best guess would be that your video card is unhappy in some way...but then again computers are known to do some strange stuff :wacko:

Well, I had a problem with my Hard Drive when I capture videos, and frames keep dropping randomly. But I never heard it can cause flicker. :blink:

Good question animal...

i checked

it flickers on desktop mode too...but if i log into word or anything else...no flicker??!

Try to change the refresh rate. 75Hz normally does the trick.

could be video card/ motherboard chipset drivers...it doesnt flicker on .doc because thats a simple 2 or 3 color job.... if those video codecs are corrupted - they will do weird things to your screen...

is the video card on this system a card or is it integrated on the mobo? if it's integrated other parts in the computer can often cause interferance with the video.