Local Area Connection Status Won't Open

Nothing happens when I double-click or right-click and select Status of Local Area Connection in Network Connections. Anyone know how to fix this?

(Windows XP SP2 with all updates.)

I don't check that status very often, but I did uninstall NetLimiter and Anapod Explorer around the same time that I noticed the problem. I've never used nLite or any tweak type programs.

Have you installed a modification pack like an osx transformation pack? Also if your lan connection has a cable unplugged you might not get a status option, is it a lan connection for a nic or for something else? Can you check your ipconfig in a command prompt window?

Never used any mods. No cables unplugged, it's a standard cable modem connection using an ethernet card. I ran ipconfig and it shows my IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway, nothing else.

I don't know if this is related, but there's about a minute delay when switching between showing or hiding hidden files/folders in Folder Options > View. During which an animated flashlight appears, and everything is unresponsive.

Edited by Homgren

Do you have launch folder windows in sep process checked?

post-14624-1156789741.gif

If you have this checked - it can keep the status from coming up, either by right clicking and selecting it, or when you double click the connection.

Uncheck this - then logoff and or reboot, and you should be good to go.

I just double checked.. and If I turn that feature on, I can not get a status of local connection, if I turn it off - works just fine.

edit: another work around, if you want to have that option set, is to change your start menu option for your network connection option to "connect to"

Then access your connections this way - and it works fine.

post-14624-1156790738.gif

But if you go thru control panel, network connections - it won't come up if that option is set.

Edited by BudMan

I'm pretty sure the default is OFF, not 100% sure - but like 98% ;)

I do not know of any software that would make that change -- you run any of those stupid tweak programs? Something like that might make the change?

The second method is how you can access it, if you want to leave folders windows running in a second process..